Sign in to follow this  
J.W.

Kentucky USA Wrestling Belt Series Current Standings

Great job on the updates.

Quick question. Will the folks over the third tourney make sure the kids going for the belt doesn't get byes in their brackets if at all possible. If the tie breaker is pins they need as many matches as possible .

One more. If a kid wrestles different weights but stays in the same class will his points go to him as he was staying the same weight or does he have to wrestle the same weight? I ask because Blue is close to 70 and he has had the stomach virus since last thursday. So if he loses down to 70 will he still be eligible for the belt. Thanks

Keith will have to confirm, but as I know it the points are good within the division, one weight class up or down. 

Pretty sure that the draw will be blind, remember some have more pins now because they were fortunate on a draw at the last two tournaments.  Good luck.

Well I'd like to know why my sons pins are incorrect?  At the KWOA (1st belt tourney) he had 3 pins and it doesn't show that.  I find it very upsetting that he worked so hard and now isn't getting the proper credit.  They were so mixed up at that table that day and didn't even bother to keep track of the pin times which was upsetting enough to find out this last Saturday but now I'm seeing that the bracket isn't even correct for my son.  He wrestled 3 times at the KWOA in his bracket and all 3 were pins but now its showing him as having a bye in the 1st, a pin in the 2, and then a maj in the 3rd which is incorrect because he pinned all 3 of them.  I know this for fact and I do believe the official that worked the mat would remember also.  It was official Hardy who worked it and he knew my son pinned all 3 of his matches so what happened there?  I'm finding this very wrong to take a childs hard work away from him after the fact.  Can someone shed some light on this for me?  Espically since there was gym full of people who witnessed these matches.

Only a few of the results are accurate, from what I can tell.  There is a kid that my son wrestled at both tournaments that is in the running that did not place either weekend.  I saw alot of errors regarding the number of pins as well.

If there are mistakes, I can assure you they were not intentional. If you have corrections, please contact Coach Jory Whorton and give him the correct info. Remember we are all doing this for the kids.

I apologize if it sounded like I was making an accusation.  That was not my intention.  I mainly wanted to let the previous poster know that it was not just happening to him. 

My son is having a great time with this tournament series and really likes the medals he has taken home.  I can, however understand peoples frustration.  I am sure everything will be worked out with time.

Just a question, I was informed that if there are only two kids in a bracket, and one pins the other twice it only counts as one pin. I noticed a couple kids who are have only wrestled one other person the entire tourney and are leading their division with 4 pins. Was I misinformed or is there a mistake in the calculations? This is an honest question and in no way affects my son. I'm just curious.

Only a few of the results are accurate, from what I can tell.  There is a kid that my son wrestled at both tournaments that is in the running that did not place either weekend.  I saw alot of errors regarding the number of pins as well.

I do understand that we are here for the kids trust me that is what I'm here for also.  I just also noticed that the leader for the novice 100 lb with 30pts and 4 pins is also incorrect.  He only placed 2nd in the first tourney which means he can't be in 1st so far.  I know there will be mistakes but I'd like to see if we can't get these cleared up so these kids don't get discouraged.  There have been several kids comment that if they aren't in the running then why should they even try.  So if these corrections can be made then that would help to keep these kids from just giving up I would think.  And again I'm not pointing any fingers or accusing anyone I'm just making aware that there are mistakes and asking what we need to do to correct them.  My son has enjoyed the tourney so far himself and just wished he was able to get more matches in but he is happy he is wrestling and so am I.

Another wrestler I noticed in the cadet class in the 220+ that should be tied for 1st but isn't even listed was Tyler Robinson winning 1st in both tourney's and pinning all of his 4 matches he should be tied for 1st right now but he is nowhere to be found on the standings.

Here's another question. If say you have to combine 2 classes, say 60/65 classes. Say there ate 2 from each class. Does then kid get credit for all matches or just the kids that in his original weight class. I ask because I noticed when you combined classes last tournament loses that kids took out of their classes didn't count. So if loses don't count do wins.

Here's another question. If say you have to combine 2 classes, say 60/65 classes. Say there ate 2 from each class. Does then kid get credit for all matches or just the kids that in his original weight class. I ask because I noticed when you combined classes last tournament loses that kids took out of their classes didn't count. So if loses don't count do wins.

They get a match and get 6 points.

Mr. Bowbear1,  I just want you to know that I have reviewed the standing as well and my son wrestles in the novice 100lb weight class and has finished 1st in both tournaments.  I do not know where people are getting their information from.  I feel like every parent and or coach in that my son has worked really hard for this.  However, just like last year the results are whatever the people running the tournament say they are and that is what all of us have to live with.   

Mr. Bowbear1,  I just want you to know that I have reviewed the standing as well and my son wrestles in the novice 100lb weight class and has finished 1st in both tournaments.  I do not know where people are getting their information from.  I feel like every parent and or coach in that my son has worked really hard for this.  However, just like last year the results are whatever the people running the tournament say they are and that is what all of us have to live with.   

I thought that having the kids and maybe the coach sign the bracket would make things more clear but on the 1st tourney they didn't have the kids sign, and the 2nd some of the tables were just having the table worker sign, 1 table I know of for sure in which the table worker kept putting the wrong kids name.  I have no clue how a tourney with not nearly as many wrestlers as there are at a state tourney can mix things up so much.  I even went back to look at the pictures of the kids on the podium looking to see who had 1st, 2nd, and 3rd medals to try to verify what I knew was right.  So, I'm guessing they have your son not winning 1st in both tourney's on the bracket then?  I'm hoping I get a reply to my email as to if these things can be corrected before Saturday. 

• Downvote 1

Please bare with me as I am new to the forum.  I did not know were pictures of the first tourney as the medals were handed out at the table, therefore there was no podium.  I do think that there needs to be some verification as to who wins what round.  In response to Bowbear1, it is obvious that my son won first in both tournaments as they have my son with 30 points.  I believe that there needs to me more clarifiction as the way points are scored.  I do not believe it is fair for a wrestle to only get 6 points if there is no one in his weight class to wrestle.  It is not that wrestlers fault that no one showed up to wrestled in his class.  This automatically knocks this child out of contention for a belt.  These were some of the same issues that came up last year and it knocked my son out of getting a belt last year.  I can say that if it happens again this year.  I will not bring any wrestles back to this series.

Please bare with me as I am new to the forum.  I did not know were pictures of the first tourney as the medals were handed out at the table, therefore there was no podium.  I do think that there needs to be some verification as to who wins what round.  In response to Bowbear1, it is obvious that my son won first in both tournaments as they have my son with 30 points.  I believe that there needs to me more clarifiction as the way points are scored.  I do not believe it is fair for a wrestle to only get 6 points if there is no one in his weight class to wrestle.  It is not that wrestlers fault that no one showed up to wrestled in his class.  This automatically knocks this child out of contention for a belt.  These were some of the same issues that came up last year and it knocked my son out of getting a belt last year.  I can say that if it happens again this year.  I will not bring any wrestles back to this series.

I totaly agree with you on the clarification part it needs to be posted before hand and very clear as to the scoring and I agree about it not being the wrestlers fault if no one shows in their bracket that is a hard thing for some kids who come to wrestle but they are the only one.  As far the pictures go there was a podium upstairs and that is where the medals were handed out to the wrestlers on the KWOA tourney and then the NO-OX was handed out on the back side of the gym over at the podium there.  I was told they did not hand out medals at the tables they only gave them at the podium but that could be wrong also.   I was also referring to pictures that I knew my son was in for who else was in his bracket and how they placed along with several other kids brackets that I was able to look at.  I personally had not looked at your son's picture for either tourney only several others that we noticed were not getting the credit they had wrestled for and won.  And I also feel as if we won't be back at this series if there isn't some clarification ahead of time.  I'm sorry to hear that your son didn't receive the credit he was due last year I'm sure that makes it all the more of a drive for him this year to do it again and win! 

I totaly agree with you on the clarification part it needs to be posted before hand and very clear as to the scoring and I agree about it not being the wrestlers fault if no one shows in their bracket that is a hard thing for some kids who come to wrestle but they are the only one.  As far the pictures go there was a podium upstairs and that is where the medals were handed out to the wrestlers on the KWOA tourney and then the NO-OX was handed out on the back side of the gym over at the podium there.  I was told they did not hand out medals at the tables they only gave them at the podium but that could be wrong also.   I was also referring to pictures that I knew my son was in for who else was in his bracket and how they placed along with several other kids brackets that I was able to look at.  I personally had not looked at your son's picture for either tourney only several others that we noticed were not getting the credit they had wrestled for and won.  And I also feel as if we won't be back at this series if there isn't some clarification ahead of time.  I'm sorry to hear that your son didn't receive the credit he was due last year I'm sure that makes it all the more of a drive for him this year to do it again and win! 

My mistake you are absolutely correct about the podium. I am getting my tournament confused.  I just don't understand how you picked out the novice 100 lb class to point out a discrepencies.  I do have pictures of my son on the podium as he did win both in his class.  Not to sound like a broken record, but I believe that all the confusion comes with how the scoring is done.  My son loves wrestling and I as a new youth coach, but I along with my son are getting very discourage with the lack of consistency in how tournaments are ran, weigh ins, weight classes, kids getting bumped up in weight classes with out being asked.  If my son does not win this belt becaue of the way it is scored, I will buy him one myself.  I wish you and your wrestlers the best of luck.

My mistake you are absolutely correct about the podium. I am getting my tournament confused.  I just don't understand how you picked out the novice 100 lb class to point out a discrepencies.  I do have pictures of my son on the podium as he did win both in his class.  Not to sound like a broken record, but I believe that all the confusion comes with how the scoring is done.  My son loves wrestling and I as a new youth coach, but I along with my son are getting very discourage with the lack of consistency in how tournaments are ran, weigh ins, weight classes, kids getting bumped up in weight classes with out being asked.  If my son does not win this belt becaue of the way it is scored, I will buy him one myself.  I wish you and your wrestlers the best of luck.

I didn't just pick your son out of the novice 100lb class I had noticed which kids were in the top running for the belt and I looked to see what the competition looked like.  I was merely seeing if there were maj/minor decisions, TF, FF so on and so forth.  I noticed that they had your son listed with 30 points for taking 1st in both tourneys but the official brackets posted show that Erwin won over your son in the NO-OX for 1st place so therefore it would have meant that your son had 27 points and 4 pins not 30 points and 4 pins, therefore he would not be in first by points.  Tyler Hudggins was next with 30 pts and I believe 3 pins and then my son whose pins were incorrect and should have been at 4 pins.  I didn't go digging I just knew there had been some incorrect scores where the tableworkers did not write a pin down. 

I didn't just pick your son out of the novice 100lb class I had noticed which kids were in the top running for the belt and I looked to see what the competition looked like.  I was merely seeing if there were maj/minor decisions, TF, FF so on and so forth.  I noticed that they had your son listed with 30 points for taking 1st in both tourneys but the official brackets posted show that Erwin won over your son in the NO-OX for 1st place so therefore it would have meant that your son had 27 points and 4 pins not 30 points and 4 pins, therefore he would not be in first by points.  Tyler Hudggins was next with 30 pts and I believe 3 pins and then my son whose pins were incorrect and should have been at 4 pins.  I didn't go digging I just knew there had been some incorrect scores where the tableworkers did not write a pin down. 

My son did get first in both tourneys.  I am hope that he will tomorrow as well.  Good luck to your son tomorrow.  It sounds like we all will need it.