Sign in to follow this  
IWIN

Woodford County Open Mats

Woodford Co. will be hosting open mats this week Monday the 11th, Tuesday the 12th, and Thursday the 14th from 4-6. Come on out and get prepared for Flo, NHSCA, Fargo, or just to improve. We look forward to seeing you.

ATM is coming tues or thurs prob thurs if Carr is going to br there start practice a bit later if possible ts a haul from Vallhalla make sure Boston is there with a camera ATM says its time for him to put up or shut up and no one 160lb can beat him , personally I think he needs an attitude adjustment,

Time to get ready for Fargo everything else is just practice ,a long haul duiring the week lets make it worth it try to bring Sam if I can and who knows maybe some other camels will show up if they can ,

Coach Carr ran practice yesterday, Coach Carr Jr. will resume duties today. Low #'s yesterday, but a great practice. Hope to see some more come out tonight.

Been there every night, unfortunately he will be in Florida Thursday and Friday for a college visit. Come on down tonight. We will stay as long as you'd like! We'll make sure its worth your drive.

To late now , tire blew out sun , had to get new wheels today planning on thurs , just wanted to make sure Stephen had someone to drill with if he came , not many schools in fl with wrestling , he's goin to party lol

Oh yeah , I forgot ,lol , I used To melt it to , armor Metal , evil nasty smoke filled spark flying metal bending brake shear operating Cnc plasma burning mad dog , that's cool , Stephen is coming as well ,

Ok , how about the play by play ala Cooper / Myers ,lol , and ATM says anything JO JO can so he can do better he says he would love to go to WV and beat the hell out of everyone including all the Buckeyes who so callously say OSU would not take him because of so and so and this pick and that one , and who say he lifts more dinner plates than weight plates even though he is without question the most powerful wrestler in his weight class in two states as he says JO JO is about to find out :) broke the national bench record for his age and weight by ten lbs three times in the last two weeks easily and the national Deadlift record by 60 :) YES 60 , I know it's irrelevant to the conversation just read some yappi Ohio posters making fun of ATM saying he looked chunky , lol he just isn't 6 foot 6 at 220 and dieted down to win , so they don't understand , and its basically all I deal with as far as his training goes with wrestling except his diet and supplements , Jo Jo needs to light up ATM show him he knows what's up and take him to Fargo and bring em back some AA plaques , its basically the whole goal of ATMs wrestling , other than four , nothing else matters NHSCA , state and Fargo , pretty much in that order ATM is on another level training wise no bs he lifts nearly every day even after practice for hours and even yesterday wrestled at two practices , CC and SKs , then came home and he did in fact attack a few plates in the kitchen , nice room at Sk at least in his weight wich is good ATM TRevor T , and Tucker Mueller , with Eli Mathews in that group taking on the big boys , that's as good as any room in KY or SW Ohio at his weight , and he searched it out and made it possible even after his own practice at CC , that's why I talk him up so much nit his skill not his talent , his drive and work ethic are unmatched its just funny people do not take him that way because he is slow and mythodical when wrestling and usually when training but has spurts where he is 100% all out , seems a good lightweight freestyle type coach could give ATM the edge , schools do not matter this is Fargo and its states and even if people are ticked at what they do not understand or think they saw at state he does want to and will bring back an AA to ky from Fargo before he is done , and he wants to double his only rival is his brother and he usually ups him and has except in freestyle Greco and Stephen was a very good freestyler getting back to back AA s in Fargo ,

Stephen is coming tonight he should be good to go all out he and Courtney should have a good workout if he is there and hopefully JO JO can persuade Stephen to give Fargo a shot , he could help everyone even if he isn't all up for it .

75 South to 64 W. Get off 64 W at exit 58 in Frankfort. Turn left off from the interstate on to US 60. Stay on 60 for approximately 10 miles. You will see WCHS on the right. Travel safely.

Nice room , not huge numbers but great wrestlers for every weight if numbers grew , The Carrs are exceptional coaches as are the youth coaches at Woodford pretty big numbers for youth kids , have to give it to JO JO he has the heart of a lion the speed of a cheetah and is in great shape he could easily build an incredible team

With his knowledge and skill , also have to say he brought out some of ATM s weaknesses as well as some of his strengths that I have not seen all year as far as position and movement , I think ATM was in trouble two or three times and pressured out only saw JO JO in big trouble once but he moved out as well. , about 50 + lb advantage for ATM height and reach maybe an edge for JO JO or maybe even , lol have to say of Jo Jo were ATMs sise he would demolish him , a great coach and guy very good time just watching them

Wrestle most of the practice very entertaining, Jo Jo put it on Sam but it was fun as well , good work with Stephen Courtney Boston and all the rest in the room hard to pull of duiring the week but worth it for sure . Surprised more lex wrestlers are not there , Woodford runs a good practice and Kids are missing out on a great learning opportunity , Much thanks for having us and to Jo Jo for worki g with Austin and Stephen do much hopefully Stephen getting some goes with Courtney can help them

Both improve as well ,

• Upvote 1

Great rooms , duiring open mats and the club Practice , Jo Jo is a special coach who has a good knowledge of the sport and can go and help anyone , a bit light last week with some missing heading to nationals but a room anyone in the Lexington or surrounding area should take full advantage of , seems odd people always talking about having to go out of state for matches when they can get work in with someone like Jo Jo or Barnes and Cameron at Walton Verona and I'm sure Louisville has some great rooms as well , wrestling is won like any sport duiring training not duiring matches or games or whatever , get the work in with the best and you will beat the best ,

I see a bright future ahead for Woodford , I have rarely seen that many little guys"Youth " wrestling in the off season in one room , and a coach with the perfect personality working with them .