Sign in to follow this  
tiltfor3

First Annual Kentucky Youth Tournament of Champions

Just a suggestion, making registration simpler may get more registrants. The instructions say you have to print and mail in a form with the registration fee. If there's a way to register online (i.e. Trackwrestling), you may get more response. With that said, we are bringing all three of our qualifiers and have yet to register. If you open it up, we will have at least one more.

Who all is going?Numbers are extremely low and may be opened up to non qualifiers and middle schoolers.

Let's get this advertised on the Indiana and Yappi boards and invite whoever wants to compete. Another older age division would be desirable too.

You may now register on trackwrestling.com .

Enrollment has loosened up to include up to cadet w/o qualifying.

Remote weigh-ins so far include only:

Trinity on March 28 from 5:30 - 7:00PM

St Xaiver on March 28, from 5:30 - 7:00PM

Other than that you will have to weigh-in at Fern Creek at 7:30 Saturday, the 30th.

Or, get your coach to host.

Remote weigh-ins so far include only:

Taylor County HS on March 28, 6:00PM

Remote weigh-ins so far include:

No-Ox at North Hardin High School Wrestling Office March 28, 6:00PM

Wayne County March 28, check with Carter Tucker as to times.

Someone today thought SKY was doing a remote. Please confirm with time and place

SKY Wrestling March 27, 6:00PM

What about Woodford?

SKY Wrestling March 27, 6:00PM

Johnson Central March 28 at 4:00PM

We would really appreciate clarification on weight checks as well. When they are conducted does affect the weight class for some wrestlers. For example, my son will easily weigh in under 55 at a morning weigh in, but after having a protein bar, apple and some Gatorade, he will be over 55. He weighs between 54.3-54.8, and after nationals yesterday afternoon, he weighed 56.1. Staying hydrated during a tourney is important as I'm sure we'd all agree.

I have registered him at 55, and he has wrestled at that weight the last 4 Saturdays, two of which conducted real weigh ins. I've asked when the checks will be conducted a couple times with no response. It really does matter for kids on the edge of a weight class. I'd prefer to know ahead of time so there is no confusion the day of the tourney.

We would really appreciate clarification on weight checks as well. When they are conducted does affect the weight class for some wrestlers. For example, my son will easily weigh in under 55 at a morning weigh in, but after having a protein bar, apple and some Gatorade, he will be over 55. He weighs between 54.3-54.8, and after nationals yesterday afternoon, he weighed 56.1. Staying hydrated during a tourney is important as I'm sure we'd all agree.

I have registered him at 55, and he has wrestled at that weight the last 4 Saturdays, two of which conducted real weigh ins. I've asked when the checks will be conducted a couple times with no response. It really does matter for kids on the edge of a weight class. I'd prefer to know ahead of time so there is no confusion the day of the tourney.

Same identical situation with Blue. More clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If that's the case, you need to set up the criteria. What will be the cut off, one pound, two? If there is no clear criteria for weight challenges, we prefer to weigh in at the tourney. Is that an option? I'm not trying to be difficult, I just hate challenges, especually when there are no established criteria agead if time. Either weigh them all in or check their weights at the door. IMO, it's not right to allow a challenge four matches in when a kid has been wrestling all morning and eating drinking to keep up energy and hydration.

I've seen a couple happen before the finals with the kid weighing 2-3 pounds over the 10% rule and nothing being done. Then everyone just leaves the situation frustrated. Guidelines need to be set. If its before the first match, that's fine. Waiting all day is not in my opinion.

Due to several factors, it has been decided to cancel this tournament for Saturday, March, 30th.

The timing was bad between being Easter weekend and spring break for many that the numbers were just too low.

We will schedule something else soon.

Thanks to all that pre-registered and volunteered to do weigh-ins.