Sign in to follow this  
purpleandgold

Who are the legit contenders for the next 3-4 years?

Hello all, I have been lurking here all season, but have not wanted to post as I am new to true wrestling. I have been a martial artist for about 25 years and I am an instructor in Mushin Do Bujutsu and Kyokushin Karate and one of my top students is my Son. He has always been a big fan of wrestling and when he heard Graves County had started a program we transferred him so he could participate in the sport. At the beginning of the season he was raw talent and he got most of his victories by taking people down and letting them to take them down again, as his Martial Art training had conditioned him to have solid takedown and takedown defense, but he had virtually no game on the ground. He worked hard all season though to improve and by the end of the season he was beginning to pin opponents, but high level wrestlers still got the best of him at times. Regardless, he placed third in his region after losing to Ryder from Ft Campbell and qualified for state in his first year. Neither he nor I had any delusions of Grangier about him placing though because there aren't any cupcakes at state and the 170 class was loaded. It was a good experience for him though and one that has motivated him because he saw where he was at and where he needs to be to compete at that level. We will be vetting him in some camps to help him improve. He wrestled at 170 but will likely drop to 160 as he actually isn't even close to being 170. Anyway, I just wanted to throw his name out there as a possible spoiler next year. We do not expect him to contend for a title as there ate just too many kids out there who were born in a singlet and it is difficult to overcome that, but I do think he will place next year. The GCHS team as a whole will improve over the next few years. Although my son, Chase Copeland and Josiah Sisco should do well enough as Seniors next year, Coach Girard is building something and he has a couple of young phenoms who will shake it up a bit too. Not to say they are going to knock Union off of the pedestal, but in time they will become a more competitive and complete team. So I said all of that to just sau that Chase has plans on returning next year and redeeming himself for a lackluster performance at state this year. I also think Ryder from FCHS will be another to watch. He represented himself well at state this year, but I expect more from him in his senior season. He has tremendous heart and is a fine young man who just seems to enjoy the competition. I wish I knew more about the sport, but I have already fallen in love with what I would have to say is the most challenging and demanding sport I have ever seen. As a former Mayfield football player, those aren't easy words to say, but its the truth. Wrestling is just a beautiful sport and I am already looking forward to next season. BTW, the state tournament was a real treat for me as it was my first. I loved watching those young men leave every ounce they had on the mats. Sorry, so long, but I have been waiting to post for sometime and just wanted to get some of that out there.

Max Andreoni from Woodford Won middle school state and then won Regions at High School. Think he placed 7th at High School State and he's a 8th grader. the other one to watch out for from Woodford is Tylan Tucker. He's a 7th grader think he lost 2matches all yr by total of two pts. Plus Joey Roberts will be a name to remember as well.

Is Andreoni a Graham transfer and possibly heading back?

I see you carry a nice size spoon as well. Is it wooden? Lol! No, Max is home grown. Has family that has wrestled and won for WC.

I see you carry a nice size spoon as well. Is it wooden? Lol! No, Max is home grown. Has family that has wrestled and won for WC.

You lost me. Glad to hear he's homegrown and will be around. Impressive kid.

You lost me. Glad to hear he's homegrown and will be around. Impressive kid.

Lost you? Spoons are meant to stir. Typically stirring is in a pot. Hence the term, "stir the pot". Lol! Just having some fun.

I can see a bunch of kids on OLdhsm county make a run. Emerson And Shirkey are the big ones but there are a whole group of freshman that had a good run this year such as Alex McIntosh, Nick Wise at 106 and Max Emerson who was the only freshman in the 160 pound weight class at state

Lost you? Spoons are meant to stir. Typically stirring is in a pot. Hence the term, "stir the pot". Lol! Just having some fun.

I've been known to do that--just ask Ranger. However, I was just clarifying the Woodford kid.