2) Maine (Ryle)

3) Mueller (SK)

4) Shearer (Grant)

285:

1) Johnson (Dix)

2) Miskell (Grant)

3) Weber (Ryle)

4) Sinclair (CC)

No way myers and Cooper will stay at 152 together and that will be a huge topic next week but we'll find out soon. I believe that Steph will jump to 160 . Shoerer from Boone can and should beat Liversgowdy at 152 as well but I would assume that the older Bailey will wrestle there anyway if he's healthy and Liversgowdy at 160. There's a few others that may or may not happen but over all I have to agree with 95% of your picks.

I think there is a very good possibility that Myers and Cooper split, but who moves?  SK doesnt have anyone that can make it out at 160 and CC has Bachman at 160.  Be tough to bump that kid out again this year.  Perhaps Bachman made 152 and Myers goes 160.

I think there is a very good possibility that Myers and Cooper split, but who moves?  SK doesnt have anyone that can make it out at 160 and CC has Bachman at 160.  Be tough to bump that kid out again this year.  Perhaps Bachman made 152 and Myers goes 160.

I hope for Bachman as well that he can make 152 because I'm at least 95% sure Myers and Cooper will split. Myers has already beaten him twice so that hype is gone. I there good enough friends that Steph will move up to 160 . They both will win titles for there schools kinda nuts not to split them.. a small slight chance cooper to 145 but doubtful ..

Myers and Cooper will split I have a gut feeling on that. Also don't sleep on Hensley from Scott. Has wrestle some tough instate competition and done well.

• Upvote 1

I really feel for the guys trying to get to state because I really believe that in 6 of the other regions that these guys would qualify all of them . I follow a few weight classes and the 160's is are tough, the 170's are extremely tough probably the tougest of any weight class in any region. The 160's are deeper as they have 6 or 7 guys that could go and really I don't know who will punch there ticket until next weekend.

160:

1) Stephen Myers (CC)

2) Schwachter (Scott)

3) Warwick (Con)

4) Woolf (Ryle)

There's 2 guys that are strong contenders for that 4th spot and make no doubts that Woolf is good but so is Hunter Bailey from Cooper and Chris Risch from Dixie Heights.

I'll do my statement about the 170's later in the week

106:

1) Roth (WV)

2) Skaggs (Dix)

3) Krebs (CC)

4) Osborne (Ryle)

113:

1) Wiley (Con)

2) Maggard (CC)

3) Golden (Ryle)

4) Castellano (Dix)

120:

1) Adams (Ryle)

2) Owens (SK)

3) Spahr (CC)

4) Ashford (Scott)

126:

1) Parrot (SK)

2) J. Erdman (Ryle)

3) Badida (Con)

4) Tejada (Scott)

132:

1) Fausz (CC)

2) North (Ryle)

3) Lutes (SK)

4) Goins (Con)

138:

1) Hamilton (CC)

2) Sander (Ryle)

3) Brown (WV)

4) Harris (SK)

145:

1) Belk (Ryle)

2) Woods (CC)

3) Jackson (Dix)

4) Roberts (SK)

152:

1) S. Myers (CC)

2) Cooper (SK)

3) Lo. Jones (WV)

4) Gowdy (Coop)

160:

1) Schwachter (Scott)

2) Bachman (CC)

3) Warwick (Con)

4) Woolf (Ryle)

170:

1) La. Jones (WV)

2) Meiman (Ryle)

3) Turner (CC)

4) B. Jones (Boone)

182:

1) Chamblee (SK)

2) Matthews (CC)

3) Steele (Boon)

4) Miller (Scott)

195:

1) Thompson (Con)

2) Bergman (SK)

3) Davis (WV)

4) Craven (Ryle)

220:

1) A. Myers (CC)

2) Maine (Ryle)

3) Mueller (SK)

4) Shearer (Grant)

285:

1) Johnson (Dix)

2) Miskell (Grant)

3) Weber (Ryle)

4) Sinclair (CC)

Miller is going 195 and I expect he will place second or first... just saying...  He has beaten all these guys with exception of Thompson.

Miller is going 195 and I expect he will place second or first... just saying...  He has beaten all these guys with exception of Thompson.

He's a good wrestler but won't beat Thompson.. The boys a beast and a true contender for the state title. I mean if you look at the rankings by Ranger he was ranked 4th at 220 and now he's quicker and still has the same strength. But best of luck to him with the other kids I know Bergman can be very tough as well. I've never seen Davis wrestle.

Woods pinned belk earlier this year. Don't see him beating woods

Belk has been wrestling well. From what I hear so has Woods......which hopefully leads to a great match up in the finals. Could go either way.

Belk has been wrestling well. From what I hear so has Woods......which hopefully leads to a great match up in the finals. Could go either way.

I know Belk is wrestling better at 145 than at 152 when he first wrestled Woods.  I know Andy Cress from Lakota beat Woods and Belk beat Cress.  I can see a pretty good match here if it gets to it.

Schwachter isn't going to win 160 unless he's gotten an awfully lot better :)

Unless Stephen bumps back up to 160, Schwacter has a shot at winning region six. At least as good as the the other wrestlers listed above. I predicted Shwacter to place in the top four at regionals, and after he placed 2nd in conference, he is a legit 2 or 3 seed. Like I said before he can win it, not knocking Bachman, but he isn't Stephen.

Not knocking anyone and I complimented Schwachter back then he's a good kid don't know if he could have beaten Bachman or not , and anyone can win but I don't see Stephen losing at home his SR year , he hasn't lost a sectional regional or district since about third grade , I think he will turn it on at regionals at home his last go around !!!! I am sure the whole CC team will be fired up at Home , Ranger hasn't changed his rankings all yr as far as Stephen goes he we and I have said all along he was going 160 !!! Shouldn't surprise anyone .

Not saying either way but unless someone was at the Lakota dual it would be hard to explain without being mauled by haters , That dual and most matches in it meant nothing , should be a good match both are wrestling well , I would say all things being even Woods would be tha favorite at Home ,good luck to both , both good kids

Speaking of Ranger not changing rankings....... He's pretty much slacked here recently. Too busy being Grand Pooh Bear, I mean Grand Boo Bah, Ahh hell, he's too busy doing his Barney Rubble look a like contest. Lol!

IWIN, completely classy and mature post with regard to Ranger. I personally know Ranger and have spent countless hours working with him on various projects, events, etc. I can assure you of this.......the paycheck he receives for doing the rankings (which is extremely time consuming) and putting on events like the MS State Tournament is well worth it. Oh wait.....there is NO paycheck involved. Ranger gives us the rankings for the sake of competitive enjoyment, when he has time aside from being a full time employee, husband, father, coach and volunteer for the sport of wrestling. He is a class act, and it would be a huge disservice for Kentucky Wrestling to not have him doing what he does for the sport. I know he will gladly discuss and consider anything that is brought to him personally. Therefore, I don't see the necessity of posting snide comments like you did on this thread. If you would like to get involved and help make positive changes in Kentucky wrestling please feel free to contact me any time- John Roth Head Coach Bearcats Wrestling Assistant Coach WV High School Vice President MS Wrestling Association

Let me know if you get a reply, text, vm, pm or whatever. I'm still waiting to see if he's going to run for KSWA President. Not holding my breath and you might not want to as well.