Sign in to follow this  
dutch

Regions

Good job to Campbell county for winning regions. They looked well coached as usual. I think they retain their title as state champs. Thanks to the Ryle crew for running a great tournament. There were some great matches today.

Cambell county what can I say about them???? I think them kids start wrestling while they are still in the womb. Lol... Good day of wrestling over all. Just would like to of seen 2 of the 3 ref's not of been there. All the kids wrestled hard and some good match's. Can't believe neither of the Grandstaff boys made it to state. I love seeing them wrestle. Would of loved to of seen both of them make it to state.

Ryle did a great job of running this tournament. I also wanted to mention that I heard from SEVERAL coaches about them having the best hospitality room...everything was homemade and wonderful. Plus the woman who made the food (and was serving it) was the sweetest lady. My husband (an assistant coach) couldn't say enough good things about her and the food in the hospitality room. I just wanted to mention it, because I think she should get some major credit for keeping the coaches happily fed...and with great food choices. :)

I would have to agree with grandby about the food. Mrs Lonkard is the master when it comes to a hospitality room. She has been going out of her way to keep us coaches fat and happy for years. Can't imagine the spread she prepares for thanksgiving. Lol. Thanks again

Wanted to say great job to Trevor fritsch from twenhofel. He had a big win in the finals against holub to take home "mow" honors. They are both tough kids. I have a feeling that might have a rematch in the finals in a couple of weeks. The 70lb class is loaded in nky.

Agree Ryle top notch job with the tourney. The wrestling moms did great with the hospitality room. If your not involved you would never understand how close people involved with wrestling are. What a great sport we have.

Region 4 was 1) Woodford Co 2) Johnson Co not sure who 3rd was. But if was a great day of wrestling. All weight classes were pretty solid with competition. The 70, 92, 105, 130, 140, and heavy were all pretty solidly stacked. The hospitality room was great. It was ran well and moved quickly. Only down fall was Geordon Blanton not getting the MOW of the region. Don't get me wrong the Androni(spelling) kid was solid and is a great wrestling but Blanton dominated and IMO is probably the best middle school wrestling in the middle school ranks in Ky. But overall great tourney and ran well.

Yes, we are very proud of Trevor. He and his Mom were both completely shocked by the MOW award. It was a great moment for both of them. I agree that Holub is a fantastic wrestler...and kid. I think the world of that boy and wish only the best for both of them. It is really difficult to root for a kid on your team when they are up against a kid you've grown to love and respect. It breaks my heart every time. You are always happy for the one who won and sad for the one who lost...all at the same time.