Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

Hammer and Anvil 1 / 19

Saw the match , Boyd is big and had offense on Heimkreiter forcing him to stall in the third , Boyd seems to be as good or better technically than Heimkreiter but gets in bad situations .

He muscled Heimkreiter at times making me think it will not be an easy match for anyone .

Should be good. As for Brannock pinning him as I said he gets in bad situations at times , I doubt Brannock could beat Heimkreiter and he did not pin Boyd I would guess Brannock may have his number but Boyd had a bad match against him .

Either way I think Austin wins if he remains himself . The talk of first period pins is foolish and a precursor to disaster that ATM is much to smart to care fall for , 20 so so kids could pin a person and a great wrestler could be beaten by that person losing all those matches or a great wrestler could

Win by a point , lol judging someone by a close match as the Ohio people have done Austin for his two close ones with a very good Heimkreiter is pretty pathetic , when I have seen some

Of the best in the country win by one or two continuously against actually sub par comp .

Makes sense that a soph 220

Who should be a 195 at least would

Play it smart in the big boy weights and win with his intelligence and skill rather than risk

Losses on ignorant offense that could cost him .

Funny people claiming such vast knowledge of the sport and who actually know what I am

Explaining know it to be true and very intelligent wrestling , yet those people take shots at a kid who is undefeated and doing what needs to be done to stay that way , I remember big wrestlers from the past in Cincy who won many times by a point or two who were jr and sr and were praised as greats , Becker , Johnson , Barrentine , all as

Upperclassmen yet people knocking ATM for winning two matches by a point against a big / bigger upperclassmen . Tacky and obvious ill intent . And Austin , TJ , lol Tony Johnson and Barrentine , are friends , ATM jr high bracket hangs on the wall of our Gym next to TJs which reminds me he has a HS bracket to go up .

As well as a national one .

Saw the match , Boyd is big and had offense on Heimkreiter forcing him to stall in the third , Boyd seems to be as good or better technically than Heimkreiter but gets in bad situations .

He muscled Heimkreiter at times making me think it will not be an easy match for anyone .

Should be good. As for Brannock pinning him as I said he gets in bad situations at times , I doubt Brannock could beat Heimkreiter and he did not pin Boyd I would guess Brannock may have his number but Boyd had a bad match against him .

Either way I think Austin wins if he remains himself .

That was my impression as well. I believe Austin can counter Boyd all day. Austin is a smart wrestler.

I remember Becker. He had great feet and his win in the state finals was something to see, fighting off a deep shot against undefeated Barlow in OT then getting the takedown. 2007? 2008? That was a strong team.

Yes with the awesome , Germaine Lindsey lol

What a role model he is/ was his dad as well

Never met them, but have heard only good things. Got to see him at a few events. He had a motor like no other.

Interesting seeding at 152 , seed a 1 x 145 over a 2 x who won the class last yr , seperated out of state kida from Ohio kids though making it a nice but not legit reason , Sam gets Ford , then Marshall .

2 state champs and 2 state placers in one class in a one day tourny , that's insane , no rest for Sam it's war every week , nice prep for state

Ph and Reese should be good as should ATM and Boyd , Finals will be intense .

I predict a CC upset over the Rochester team .

Going out on a limb I predict ATM seals it with a pin .

Just a fathers dream scenario but who knows it is probably sealed way before that .

Just looked at the rosters, CC one of 3 teams with full roster, Mechanicsburg and Hillsboro are the others. New Lex, Rochester MI and Galia Academy only missing one.

How do the team predictions roll up?

I read that Rochester MI is having a good season and won this event last year.

Everyone has Rochester then CC or Hillsboro , Hillsboro beating CC by a slim margin I think at Franklin , with CC missing some having one ejected "probably PH lol " and kids not down to weight yet , not sure about Galia Academy .

That's awesome , Hope to see them

Do well they have made a nice impression on Ohio this yr , glad my boys could be a part of it , CC Ryle SK and WV in NkY have all made

Big impressions on OHIO , Over the last couple yrs , the talk before was how they got good seeds from getting high places in a weaker state just being honest , but now it's more talk of here they come they will have good seeds and they are going to win and only our best could possibly beat them , honest to goodness , the only team in SW oh that can beat CC is probably a private school with kids from all over SW Ohio on it , I would say Kentucky has arrived , and I can honestly say I was surprised at how the schools in Sw Ohio seemed to not be up to par with CC , CC can and did beat them all ,

Which brings me to say its awful funny for them to blast me for taking my kids to KY and CC when CC beats all of them with the exception or possible exception of a powerhouse private school with transfers galore , and mine are doing better where they are than any who are there ,

Now that's funny right there .

And I don't mind saying I hope if any kid from Ohio comes to KY OUR refs are as FAIR as theirs .

Their arrogance is unwarranted ,the best public school team in the Tri state area of Nky greater Cincy is without question Campbell County the KY state champs , and that's a proven fact , they will blow Hillsboro out of the water sat , and give everyone at the Hammer fits .

Now all the buckeye posters can retaliate however they want , wins are wins , sat CC will have its team at full force at weight on point ,

State duals to follow It's Xs turn come

On mom show me

What jr has we will

Bump Steff up give you weight advantage and dazzle you .

I have never been to state duals in Ohio or Ky my son helped Moe earn their state duals spot but was gone the next yr , very fired up to see

Both my boys there together and together again at state after a full yr of wrestling , this is awesome , good luck to everyone and just messin with the x people

They impressed the crap out of

Me very solid group of kids and I would

Like to see them wrestling in Ohio more as well they would shut some

People up for sure .

I know I'm tacky and arrogant but. I don't care and I hope the kids like me saying what they know is true , and I don't care what anyone thinks most of the time anyway . Tired of people downing kids and states and more tired of people falling for it and adding to The problem

It's going to be one heck of a tournament ,

Can't lie , Stephen and Marshall will be the best match in two states without question this weekend , probably one of the best in the country , 2 state champs who have wrestled for over a decade and former youth rivals , if not for that lol Stephen and Fords match should be a war as well . PH Reese will be tough , Mathews and Turner are already considered CC studs lol , they are apart of the wrestling tacklingTD Camels , and the loose Cannon Keeton , team points and all " no team Points this week though please "

Possibility of seeing Marshall and Stephen on the same team next yr at ODU , which is ODD

Fun weekend when your a wrestling fan. good luck to CC.. Reid is hard to take down he stays back and is short/stocky so hopefully Turner will be patient and the Breezly kid wrestles just the way Turner does but Turner is a bit stronger . I see Matthews getting to the finals and winning by 5

Not sure I'm getting the seeding down , Fausz and Austin have nice seeds , but it appears as if they had some kind of KY seed adjustment or whatever some

Of of our kids have higher placings than the seeds above them , and one has more st titles and in Oh as well lol that's some "adjusting "

Hope they keep it as is and CC still

Hammers everyone

Are any of the Rochester kids ranked nationally?

None per Intermat, but perhaps in another ranking. They have a number of tough wrestlers and are a solid team in dual format. Richards at 138, Vettesse at 160, and Shadaia at 195 are having strong seasons. Interestingly, Michigan still goes by the old weight classes. So Shadaia for example, wrestles 189 in Michigan but will go 195 at Western Brown.

As an aside, I did not see Toal listed for T.C. He and Running would be a great finals.

Ok I see what the seedng commitee did they , cheated ..... I mean they dropped all the seeding criteria by one for ky because Ohio has sectionals districts and state but ky only has reg and state ,

Still when you have.a 2 x and a 1 x and the 2 is one oh and one ky it's a no brainer but good as I said keep it as is

I figured the KY kids would have a criteria added instead of taken away , maybe two added since Ohio has 3 divisions and Ky only one ,

Always a different way of looking at it an who's to say who's is right , one thing is for sure , I wouldnt dare openly knock a state or team as they have , particularly with the recent success they have had . Very tacky classless and in my opinion cheating before the tourny has even begun . Reminds me

Of Hamiltons match against leonhardt at Lakota last week , ref gives leonhardt one point befor the wrestlers even shake hands because Hamilton readjusts his headgear because it was choking him .

2013 Western Brown Scores
 1. Campbell Co.              284.0
 2. Rochester                 245.0
 3. Hillsboro                 223.5
 4. Mechanicsburg             201.0
 5. New Richmond              198.0
 6. Franklin                  184.0
 7. New Lexington             176.5
 8. Galia Academy             146.0
 9. Blanchester               131.0
10. Valley View               118.0
11. Lebanon                   111.0
12. Hamilton                   98.0
13. Troy Christian             83.0
14. Clinton-Massie             82.0
15. Western Brown              63.0
16. Goshen                     26.0

Placers - Listed by Pool Format then Weight Class

Pool 16: Four 4-Man Pools - Complete Results by Round

Semifinals - Pool 16
  106: Brandon Carter(Hillsboro) pin Trey Lynch(Blanchester) 0:30
       Chris Settles(New Lexington) tech. fall Brad Krebs(Campbell Co.) 24-9
  113: Justin Kim(Rochester) dec. Matt West(Hillsboro) 5-2
       Forrest Brewer(Franklin) pin Malachi Marlow(Western Brown) 1:30
  132: Sean Fausz(Campbell Co.) pin Joey Gunther(Rochester) 5:36
       Joe Ziegler(Mechanicsburg) pin Dillon Hunick(Hillsboro) 4:47
  138: Austin Reese(Mechanicsburg) pin Graig Jackson(Hillsboro) 3:45
       Kaelan Richards(Rochester) dec. Paul Hamilton(Campbell Co.) 8-6
  145: Corbin Woods(Campbell Co.) pin Adam Tilley(Mechanicsburg) 3:08
       Clay Loadman(New Richmond) dec. Kenon Bowling(Western Brown) 7-1
  152: Stephen Myers(Campbell Co.) pin Austin Land(Valley View) 0:44
       Kordell Ford(Hillsboro) tech. fall Nick Tolliver(New Lexington) 15-0
  160: Dean Vettesse(Rochester) pin Connor Johnston(Hillsboro) 2:31
       Jerald Spohn(New Lexington) dec. Max Erwin(Mechanicsburg) 10-7
  170: Wyatt Running(Clinton-Massie) pin Dustin Turner(Campbell Co.) 2:47
       Aaron Morgan(Rochester) pin Kevin Reid(New Richmond) 0:39
  182: James White(New Richmond) dec. Alex Nori(Franklin) 9-2
       Elisiah Matthews(Campbell Co.) pin Drew Huffman(Hillsboro) 4:24
  195: Shwan Shadaia(Rochester) maj. dec. Dean Broderick(Lebanon) 14-4
       Tim Lee(Blanchester) dec. Michael Crockett(Franklin) 9-4
  285: J.R. Forsee(New Richmond) pin Ryan Lewis(New Lexington) 4:47
       Chase Henderson(Franklin) dec. Robbie Parker(Hamilton) 5-2

Consolation Semifinals - Pool 16
  106: Justin Gibbs(Clinton-Massie) pin Cory Alspaugh*VV(X1) 2:21
       Zachary Davie(Troy Christian) pin Jacob Bush(Lebanon) 4:36
  113: Zach Bussard(Valley View) dec. Toby Warrington*HIL(X2) 1-0
       Alec Logsdon(Lebanon) dec. Nicc Wells(Hamilton) 7-1
  132: Chase Mayhabb(Troy Christian) pin Jordan Brewer(Franklin) 0:54
       Blake Silvis(Western Brown) pin Tommy Renick(New Lexington) 2:39
  138: Ryan Morgan*ROC(X1) dec. Justis Brewer(Franklin) 4-2
       Davey Tunon(Clinton-Massie) pin Rick Nicely(Blanchester) 1:46
  145: Jesse Flemming(Valley View) dec. Ben Bush(Galia Academy) 13-6
       Dylan Huston(Blanchester) pin Dillon Maier(Rochester) 4:03
  152: Alan Wilson(Hamilton) dec. Tyler Frasher(Lebanon) 8-2
       Rocky Henderson(Franklin) pin Trevor Cantrell(Clinton-Massie) 1:47
  160: Kent Bachman(Campbell Co.) dec. Jordan Dawson(Blanchester) 7-5
       Connor Rahm(Goshen) pin Julian Cutraro*ROC(X3) 2:10
  170: Dillon Hurst(Mechanicsburg) over Brandon Breezley(Blanchester) default
       Mark Allen(Galia Academy) pin Levi Simms(Troy Christian) 4:18
  182: Griffon McKinniss(Galia Academy) pin Jim Gano(Mechanicsburg) 4:51
       Jay Troy*NR(X1) pin Kevin Smith(Valley View) 0:59
  195: Briggs Shoemaker(Galia Academy) pin Will Lytle*NR(X1) 2:28
       Justin Patrick(New Richmond) dec. Brett Graziani(Campbell Co.) 5-4
  285: Cameron Daniels(Rochester) dec. Josh McGraw*FRA(X1) 1-0
       Scott Warren(Galia Academy) pin Josh Gadd*HAM(X2) 1:54

Stephen will wrestle ford in finals, who placed 4th at 160 last year in OH DII, and currently ranked 3rd. 
His was probably if not the toughest bracket in the tournament even missing 
marshall, who was out to an untimely personnal matter.  

Also due to a smaller pool, not listed in the semifinals updates, these are Austin's matches thus far (aonther dominating performance):

Looks like he will meet the Ohio #1 in DIII in the finals.

220: Austin Myers(Campbell Co.) pin Kayne Collins(Lebanon) 0:22
220: Austin Myers(Campbell Co.) pin Cody Wilson(Western Brown) 0:37
220: Austin Myers(Campbell Co.) pin Tyler Tolliver(New Lexington) 0:45
220: Austin Myers(Campbell Co.) pin John Byus(Galia Academy) 1:14
  • Upvote 1

Final Team Scores

2013 Western Brown Scores
1. Campbell Co. 313.0
2. Rochester 267.5
3. Hillsboro 238.5
4. Mechanicsburg 207.0
5. New Richmond 206.0
6. Franklin 194.0
7. New Lexington 180.5
8. Galia Academy 155.0
9. Blanchester 137.5
10. Lebanon 122.0
11. Valley View 121.0
12. Hamilton 108.0
13. Troy Christian 95.5
14. Clinton-Massie 92.0
15. Western Brown 71.0
16. Goshen 31.0

Match Results: http://www.baumspage.com/wr/wbrown/2...%20Results.htm

Austin ATM Myers!  5 pins all in the first period.  3 in less than a minute.  OH Div3 #1 ranked Boyd in finals looked like a middle schooler against a man!

It's funny, I've seen people on the ohio site dogging the myers boys, saying they may have lost a step or two since moving to ky, but it looks like they're doing just fine to me. Keep up the good work, and congrats to all of cc