Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Region 1 Rankings 1/7/13

A couple more weight changes have hit the field of Region 1, some a bit bigger then others. It is starting to get to the point at certain weights that I can't find any changes to make. I suppose that is a good thing but I would still prefer a constant shuffling of wrestlers to ensure complete accuracy at all times.

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union (1)

2. Tyler Ward, Apollo (2)

3. Travon Thacker, Hoptown (3)

4. Wes Gray, Caldwell (4)

5. Zenon Rodriguez, Paducah (5)

6. Kaleb Sapp, Ohio (6)

Dropping out: Nobody

For yet another week my rankings at 106 hold, the only change I could possibly make at all this week is perhaps moving Ward over Sheffer. But there have been no results to justify the move.

1. Robert Dezember, Union (1)

2. Jeremiah Kline, Trigg (2)

3. Anthony DeWitt, Fort Campbell (3)

4. Chris Barham, Graves (4)

5. Daniel Dyess, UHA (5)

6. Josh Maxwell, Daviess (6)

No changes at 113 as of yet either

1. Trae Blackwell, Union (1)

2. Caleb Austin, Christian (2)

3. Connor Jaschen, Hoptown (4)

4. Derek Miller, Paducah (3)

5. Chance Collins, UHA (5)

6. Scott Ruttman, Calloway (UR)

Dropping Out: Ryder, Fort Campbell

Jaschen moves up virtue of his 9-4 win of Jeremiah Kline of Trigg. This definitely places 120 as one of the toughest weights in the region and really puts Jaschen's name on the map.

1. Brock Ervin, Union (1)

2. Brian Herdrick, Fort Campbell (2)

3. B.J. Miller, Ohio (3)

4. Braden Sperry, Caldwell (4)

5. Dalton Putty, UHA (5)

6. Tanner Ward, Apollo (UR)

Dropping Out: Walls, Calloway

I was all set to put in Chandler Martin at 4th until I checked track again and he is no longer on PT's roster, unfortunate. So instead, on virtue of a tight overtime win over Nick Walls, Tanner Ward makes his return to the rankings.

1. Wade Willen, UHA (1)

2. Chris Gilkey, Caldwell (4 at 138)

3. Gabe Ervin, Union (2)

4. Nick Ringle, Fort Campbell (3)

5. Isaiah Frank, Calloway (4)

6. Ryan Bunch, Ohio (5)

Dropping Out: Rosario, Paducah

Chris Gilkey makes his cut to 132 with a bang, going undefeated at the Regional Duals including a fall over Gabe Ervin. With so many guys having made the move to 132 this weight now looks completely different from the first rankings (which went Wurth, Rosario, Ingram, Insko, Bunch, Ringle for those keeping score). I think the only wrestler who has been in every 132 ranking at this point is Ryan Bunch of Ohio.

1. Jayce Carr, Union (1)

2. Kevi Matlock, Christian (2)

3. David Sahms, Fort Campbell (3)

4. Malik Cunningham, Trigg (UR)

5. Mike Robinson, Apollo (UR)

6. Amad Cano, Daviess (UR)

Dropping Out: Gilkey, Caldwell; Wilson, Ohio; Ingram, Trigg

With so many wrestlers leaving 138 for varied reasons the weight from 4th place down has been blown wide open. No insult to the three wrestlers currently ranked there now, I am sure they have been wrestling their hearts out, but they are ranked right now pretty much for the virtue of being at 138.

1. Kory Polley, Christian (1)

2. Keegan Agnew, Caldwell (2)

3. Jeff Wurth, Union (UR)

4. Jacob Bennett, Ohio (3)

5. Robert Bussell, Hoptown (4)

6. Ryan Gallogly, Trigg (UR)

Dropping Out: Stillwell, Union; Davidson, Fort Campbell

Wurth makes his return at a new weight. I hope for nothing but the best for him in regards to his latest medical problems. I am not keen to crown 145 like others have, but this is definately one of the tougher weights in the region even just to place.

1. Chad Gahafer, Union (1)

2. Kyle Bunch, Ohio (2)

3. Nathan Williams, Hoptown (3)

4. Gino Haywood, Fort Campbell (4)

5. Tre Sells, Christian (5)

6. Will Crabtree, UHA (6)

Dropping Out: Nobody

From my memory there were no major shake ups at 152, but this weight is just a powder keg waiting to happen.

1. Cameron Montgomery, UHA (1)

2. Brian French, Union (3)

3. Jerry Haywood, Fort Campbell (2)

4. Jayven Jones, Trigg (6)

5. Collin Feesor, Graves (5)

6. Timothy Collier, Apollo (4)

Just when I said I am solid at my top two, French has to come in and beat Haywood. If there is anything I can say about Haywood however is that it isn't the first result that matters to him but that last one, I have learned to never him rule out of a match no matter what the score is.

1. Ki Ryder, Fort Campbell (1)

2. Kane Morris, Union (UR)

3. Ben Redfield, Paducah (2)

4. Chase Copland, Graves (4)

5. Austin Durham, Trigg (3)

6. Tyler Wilson, Calloway (UR)

Dropping Out: Fulton, Ohio; Harris, Christian

I am going to start off by saying for some reason this site loves to randomly move my cursor around while I am typing, at one moment I am updating the write up and next thing I know I am replacing Redfield's name with an apostrophe. But anyway Morris moves up to number two in the rankings, he should've been ranked before but I forgot about him. Redfield is stil MIA.

1. Devin Smith, Union (1)

2. Clay Revlett, Caldwell (2)

3. Joseph Freeland, Christian (5)

4. Brian Mayton, Daviess (3)

5. Phil Bradley, UHA (UR)

6. Mario Miles, Hoptown (UR)

Dropping Out: Martinez, Fort Campbell; Thompson, Paducah

Freeland gets a good ranking basically because he hasn't lost to anyone in this region and has beaten a couple Tennessee kids.

1. Bryan Carter, Union (1)

2. Bradley Easterling, Ohio (2)

3. Chase Allen, Daviess (3)

4. JaQuan Allen, Hoptown (4)

5. Stevie Mason, Christian (5)

6. Colton Livingston, Trigg (6)

No changes to report at 195 this week

1. Aaron Stevens, Trigg (1)

2. Zach Farris, Ohio (2)

3. Cole Sherman, Union (UR)

4. Dustin Armendariz, Fort Campbell (4)

5. Tevin Toler, Christian (6)

6. Ryan Duvall, Apollo (3)

Dropping Out: Caldwell, Paducah

Not really sure why I drop Cole Sherman in the first place. Duvall loses his higher ranking because his win over Caldwell carries a lot less weight now, it would still be easy for him to get back up.

1. Raynel Brown, Union (1)

2. Luke Shaffer, Ohio (2)

3. Jake Jorstad, Fort Campbell (3)

4. Taylor Widmer, Apollo (4)

5. Kyler Kendall, Caldwell (5)

6. Andrew Lee, Calloway (UR)

Dropping Out: Hephner, Paducah

Hephner finally drops out of the rankings to finish off a bad week for Paducah TIlghman. They have had 4 (technically 5 with Chandler Martin) kids drop out of the rankings this week. While Jorstad won't be wrestling any region 1 kids on Tuesday, he will be wrestling two tough heavyweights (North Hardin and Meade County) which will go a long way in determining how good he is and the general strength of Region 1 heavyweights.

Team Rankings

1. Union County

2. Fort Campbell

3. Christian County

4. Ohio County

5. Trigg County

A couple more weight changes have hit the field of Region 1, some a bit bigger then others. It is starting to get to the point at certain weights that I can't find any changes to make. I suppose that is a good thing but I would still prefer a constant shuffling of wrestlers to ensure complete accuracy at all times.

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union (1)

2. Tyler Ward, Apollo (2)

3. Travon Thacker, Hoptown (3)

4. Wes Gray, Caldwell (4)

5. Zenon Rodriguez, Paducah (5)

6. Kaleb Sapp, Ohio (6)

For yet another week my rankings at 106 hold, the only change I could possibly make at all this week is perhaps moving Ward over Sheffer. But there have been no results to justify the move.

1. Robert Dezember, Union (1)

2. Jeremiah Kline, Trigg (2)

3. Anthony DeWitt, Fort Campbell (3)

4. Chris Barham, Graves (4)

5. Daniel Dyess, UHA (5)

6. Josh Maxwell, Daviess (6)

No changes at 113 as of yet either

1. Trae Blackwell, Union (1)

2. Caleb Austin, Christian (2)

3. Connor Jaschen, Hoptown (4)

4. Derek Miller, Paducah (3)

5. Chance Collins, UHA (5)

6. Scott Ruttman, Calloway (UR)

Dropping Out: Ryder, Fort Campbell

Jaschen moves up virtue of his 9-4 win of Jeremiah Kline of Trigg. This definitely places 120 as one of the toughest weights in the region and really puts Jaschen's name on the map.

1. Brock Ervin, Union (1)

2. Brian Herdrick, Fort Campbell (2)

3. B.J. Miller, Ohio (3)

4. Braden Sperry, Caldwell (4)

5. Dalton Putty, UHA (5)

6. Tanner Ward, Apollo (UR)

Dropping Out: Walls, Calloway

I was all set to put in Chandler Martin at 4th until I checked track again and he is no longer on PT's roster, unfortunate. So instead, on virtue of a tight overtime win over Nick Walls, Tanner Ward makes his return to the rankings.

1. Wade Willen, UHA (1)

2. Chris Gilkey, Caldwell (4 at 138)

3. Gabe Ervin, Union (2)

4. Nick Ringle, Fort Campbell (3)

5. Isaiah Frank, Calloway (4)

6. Ryan Bunch, Ohio (5)

Dropping Out: Rosario, Paducah

Chris Gilkey makes his cut to 132 with a bang, going undefeated at the Regional Duals including a fall over Gabe Ervin. With so many guys having made the move to 132 this weight now looks completely different from the first rankings (which went Wurth, Rosario, Ingram, Insko, Bunch, Ringle for those keeping score). I think the only wrestler who has been in every 132 ranking at this point is Ryan Bunch of Ohio.

1. Jayce Carr, Union (1)

2. Kevi Matlock, Christian (2)

3. David Sahms, Fort Campbell (3)

4. Malik Cunningham, Trigg (UR)

5. Mike Robinson, Apollo (UR)

6. Amad Cano, Daviess (UR)

Dropping Out: Gilkey, Caldwell; Wilson, Ohio; Ingram, Trigg

With so many wrestlers leaving 138 for varied reasons the weight from 4th place down has been blown wide open. No insult to the three wrestlers currently ranked there now, I am sure they have been wrestling their hearts out, but they are ranked right now pretty much for the virtue of being at 138.

1. Kory Polley, Christian (1)

2. Keegan Agnew, Caldwell (2)

3. Jeff Wurth, Union (UR)

4. Jacob Bennett, Ohio (3)

5. Robert Bussell, Hoptown (4)

6. Ryan Gallogly, Trigg (UR)

Dropping Out: Stillwell, Union; Davidson, Fort Campbell

Wurth makes his return at a new weight. I hope for nothing but the best for him in regards to his latest medical problems. I am not keen to crown 145 like others have, but this is definately one of the tougher weights in the region even just to place.

1. Chad Gahafer, Union (1)

2. Kyle Bunch, Ohio (2)

3. Nathan Williams, Hoptown (3)

4. Gino Haywood, Fort Campbell (4)

5. Tre Sells, Christian (5)

6. Will Crabtree, UHA (6)

From my memory there were no major shake ups at 152, but this weight is just a powder keg waiting to happen.

1. Cameron Montgomery, UHA (1)

2. Brian French, Union (3)

3. Jerry Haywood, Fort Campbell (2)

4. Jayven Jones, Trigg (6)

5. Collin Feesor, Graves (5)

6. Timothy Collier, Apollo (4)

Just when I said I am solid at my top two, French has to come in and beat Haywood. If there is anything I can say about Haywood however is that it isn't the first result that matters to him but that last one, I have learned to never him rule out of a match no matter what the score is.

1. Ki Ryder, Fort Campbell (1)

2. Kane Morris, Union (UR)

3. Ben Redfield, Paducah (2)

4. Chase Copland, Graves (4)

5. Austin Durham, Trigg (3)

6. Tyler Wilson, Calloway (UR)

Dropping Out: Fulton, Ohio; Harris, Christian

I am going to start off by saying for some reason this site loves to randomly move my cursor around while I am typing, at one moment I am updating the write up and next thing I know I am replacing Redfield's name with an apostrophe. But anyway Morris moves up to number two in the rankings, he should've been ranked before but I forgot about him. Redfield is stil MIA.

1. Devin Smith, Union (1)

2. Clay Revlett, Caldwell (2)

3. Joseph Freeland, Christian (5)

4. Brian Mayton, Daviess (3)

5. Phil Bradley, UHA (UR)

6. Mario Miles, Hoptown (UR)

Dropping Out: Martinez, Fort Campbell; Thompson, Paducah

Freeland gets a good ranking basically because he hasn't lost to anyone in this region and has beaten a couple Tennessee kids.

1. Bryan Carter, Union (1)

2. Bradley Easterling, Ohio (2)

3. Chase Allen, Daviess (3)

4. JaQuan Allen, Hoptown (4)

5. Stevie Mason, Christian (5)

6. Colton Livingston, Trigg (6)

No changes to report at 195 this week

1. Aaron Stevens, Trigg (1)

2. Zach Farris, Ohio (2)

3. Cole Sherman, Union (UR)

4. Dustin Armendariz, Fort Campbell (4)

5. Tevin Toler, Christian (6)

6. Ryan Duvall, Apollo (3)

Dropping Out: Caldwell, Paducah

Not really sure why I drop Cole Sherman in the first place. Duvall loses his higher ranking because his win over Caldwell carries a lot less weight now, it would still be easy for him to get back up.

1. Raynel Brown, Union (1)

2. Luke Shaffer, Ohio (2)

3. Jake Jorstad, Fort Campbell (3)

4. Taylor Widmer, Apollo (4)

5. Kyler Kendall, Caldwell (5)

6. Andrew Lee, Calloway (UR)

Dropping Out: Hephner, Paducah

Hephner finally drops out of the rankings to finish off a bad week for Paducah TIlghman. They have had 4 (technically 5 with Chandler Martin) kids drop out of the rankings this week. While Jorstad won't be wrestling any region 1 kids on Tuesday, he will be wrestling two tough heavyweights (North Hardin and Meade County) which will go a long way in determining how good he is and the general strength of Region 1 heavyweights.

Team Rankings

1. Union County

2. Fort Campbell

3. Christian County

4. Ohio County

5. Trigg County

Very good job on how you did the rankings. Wish someone would do this for each region ! I'm doing them for 170 and it's hard to keep up but it's enjoyable. Ranger does an outstanding job but with so many kids jumping weight classes each week. It's not easy. Keep up the great work !

• Upvote 1

It takes a special kind of man to obsess enough to dig through and find all the results needed for these things. I remember when I started them this year a couple guys tried to do them for other regions. A couple pulled through with some really good rankings though

Just saw Tanner Ward cut down to 120. I don't think this year will be as crazy as last year, that was a once in a lifetime regional tournament (I hope). But ya I could definitely see some former state qualifiers not making it this year

Gilkey has to go and bust the rankings by beating Wade Willen today

Saw the match. Willen took him down in the first and didn't get points for takedown in third going out of bounds. Gilkey got a point for BS fleeing mat call. Shouldn't have gone into OT. But exciting match

Gray beat Thacker on Thursday I believe

That may be possible but I can't find dual results for the Caldwell and Hoptown match on track, I can see everything else

Saw the match. Willen took him down in the first and didn't get points for takedown in third going out of bounds. Gilkey got a point for BS fleeing mat call. Shouldn't have gone into OT. But exciting match

Wasn't fleeing the mat removed as a call in high school? Replaced with just a stalling call. Also is Kentucky still not giving back points for two counts? That is still a sore topic to me.

Gilkey has to go and bust the rankings by beating Wade Willen today

I bet Willen gets it back at the Region tournament. Will they meet again before that ? Does anyone have there schedules the next 3 weeks ?

I've seen Willen wrestle several matches over the last 3 years. I do not like his style at all. It will bore you to death. He will attack if he's facing a weak opponent. However, if he's facing an equal to superior opponent he will always position himself to escape out of bounds. He runs like a scared puppy. It's terrible to watch.

I have always described it as Wade is one of the most consistent and solid kids in the state of Kentucky. When he goes out there you know exactly what he is going to do and how the other kid won't be able to beat it. He wrestles a college style hence I see a good future for him at SIUE. My only criticism of Wade is that he hasn't really improved since his 8th grade year, but that still means he has consistently been one of the top wrestlers in the state year in and year out. His loss to Gilkey is the first time off of the top of my head Wade has flat out lost to a kid he wasn't supposed to lose to.

That may be possible but I can't find dual results for the Caldwell and Hoptown match on track, I can see everything else

Wasn't fleeing the mat removed as a call in high school? Replaced with just a stalling call. Also is Kentucky still not giving back points for two counts? That is still a sore topic to me.

I do believe 2 count is 2 back points,and fleeing the mat is still a call, its just rarely called.

I remember when I was in high school a lot of refs in Kentucky and Tennessee seemed to think you can't get two points until a three count. I actually lost a very important match my senior year because of that call. I guess it is just college they removed fleeing the mat.