Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

GMVA

Time to quit ignoring the Elephant in the room .

GMVA . Campbell County , Simon Kenton,Ryle , Walton from Ky .and about 48 other schools .

According to a lot of those idiots on yappi our KY boys don't stand a chance seeing how KY is so inferior. By my count we have a legit shot in at least 8 weight classes. I hope we bring all 8 home to KY, and beat the !!!! out of some buckeye tail in the process. Bunch of morons!

Saw this in football for years... Then along came Highlands.... I think KY has caught up alot with the programs in Ohio. We now have more than a punchers chance

Which is a whole other topic. I see where Cov Cath is going to have a wrestling program someone has to get Highlands involved... doubt mueller would allow any of his precious fb players to play but....

Well I think along came Trinity but what do I know . Except Ohio football I saw the most dominant team ever at Colerain

In 2004 all those kids that put UC on the map Highlands never fielded a team that could challenge them doubt they ever do please dont debate you will lose . Trinity has the numbers and ability to do what they do , As for punchers chance don't need it wrestlers make their own , There are underclassmen who will challenge at Gmva and will dominate it In yrs to come and obviously they are a bit interested in the downfall of another wrestler ,win or lose there is not 1 wrestler at GMVA who could walk a mile in his shoes not 1 could do what he does with what he has had to work with and go through , hope he gets it done . Definatly a bunch that can challenge.

I'm talking nky football teams ..I know Trinty and St X for that matter have strong teams and always will. I wasn't looking to start a debate ky vs Ohio football... not even close.. Ohio is kind of the sec in football and has been for years...I was just happy to see a NKY team finally win a game against one of the big guns over there. As for wrestling your right ..much different outcome than football. I graduated from SK in 86 and wrestling was huge then and glad it's growing more each year.

Not trying to debate , just impressed with Trinity , public school yes Highlands but across the country it doesn't matter they don't. Are what type of school it is just how you do . Yes KY wrestlers are making noise more than when my boys were little in Ohio , Living in Colerain for yrs wedged. Between Elder Moeller and X , it a dog eat dog world Love the Cards , and a lot of the Moeller team , LOL I had a kid go through little cards play for Moe , it's like Blasphemy but the Cards have us a hater pass they knew why we left I love em

For it , straight up Classy , proud of them as they are my Boys .

Looking for good results from this tourney. Who cares what others are saying (actually I see a lot of respect from those that matter, especially in the team race), it will get settled on the mat. GMVWA is one of the better tournaments in Ohio, on par with SWOWCA. The lighter weights are loaded, upperweights are quite weak. Let's hope the weather holds out.

So, throw out the top 8 and how you think they will do. I see folks on yappi want to see Stephen and Bo go at it.

Here is a very abbreviated breakdown from a yappi poster, including some KY boys:

Graham has great light weights and will be tested with some great performers in no order:

106: Stickely - Graham, Heidkcamp - Butler, May - Eaton, Spiess - Delta

113: Seipel - Graham, Riley - MV, Kelly - Bellbrook, Brewer - Franklin

120: Plummer - CJ, Kehn - Sheridan

126: Parrott - MV, Moore - Graham, Trigg - WCH, Ott - Eaton, Slonkosdky - Versailles

132: Jordan - Graham, Hinkle - MV, Middleton - Franklin,

138: Bowshier - KR, Henkle - Graham

145: Hamilton - CC, Branham - Miamisburg, Calvert - Sidney, Fahrer - Delta, Deeter - Covington, Stableton - Sheridan

152: Marinelli - Graham, Cooper - SK, Davis - Middletown, Kowal - Princeton, Schramm - Bellbrook, Logan Jones - Walton Verona, Kersey - Miamisburg, Smith - WCH, Staten - MV, Wright - Franklin, Henderson - T/M, Early - Boro

160: Bo - Graham, Stephen Myers - CC, Globke - Middletown, Buchanon - Techumsah, Wooden - Coffman, Van Dyke - WCH, Adkins - Boro

182: Running C-M, Williams - Brookville, Waugh - Sheridan

195: Harris - Urbana, Deringer - Versailles

220: Myers - CC, Shaw WCH, Henderson - Franklin

285 Harmon - Ben Logan

As for all the alleged KY bashing going on at yappi......well I must be reading another forum. I see very little of it. True there are a few jabs at Myers, but just as many coming to the defense of Stephen. OH folks would like to see a Stephen/Bo match. Two big names going at it, who wouldn't want to see that? Bo has no competition in this tourney, and Stephen would give him a decent match. The one to watch here is the Graham frosh, Marinelli. He ran the gauntlet at Ironman (unseeded!) and if I read seed criteria correctly, he will enter 52 unseeded! I will be at Medina, not too far from home so no breakdown of GMVWA for me. I do look for Miamisburg to make some noise as sort of a dark horse. Graham is consensus favorite of course. Hamilton at 45 should place top three, he will see resistance from Branham, Calvert, and Fahrer. Parrott looks to get through at 26, though Graham has another tough freshman in Moore. Will Moore be unseeded as well? As stated in earlier post, upperweights are weak. I see nobody to challenge Austin. Even Graham kids are weak at these weights.

Gmvwa , is far tougher than Swowca as everyone will see when all the Swowca top placers who are there do not do as well as they did at Swowca ,

Gmvwa makes Swowca look like a youth tournament .

I did see a bit of KY bashing but yes just as much defending and some intelligent posts not aimed at stirring the pot , also saw some

Dumbass say stephen would not place and best he could do was 5th , sooooo

The people that actually know wrestling in Ohio, know these boys are very tough.

Doesn't matter who you whip. The Internet trolls will always say you ran from someone.

GMVWA is a very tough tournament. Got to be honest though, if we were going to come all the way from Union Co. I would rather travel a few extra hours and go to Brecksville or even Powerade.

152 will be extremely fun to watch, wish i could make the trip up. I look for stephen to put a sock in the mouths of all the doubters from across the river in the semis, then give all the ky fans the match theyve been waiting for in the finals. good luck to him and all the boys this weekend.

Would b nice , Great seeds for almost all the KY kids

Lots to say about a 2 x champ

An returning one at 152 not getting a 1 seed at 152 but it can wait till later .

After watching a couple of matches on Marinelli i think Myers is going to beat him, maybe even major him. Cooper doesn't have a cake walk to the finals, the Delta kid with a 5 seed is an OH state placer and a stud.

I'm predicting a Cooper Myers finals.

• Upvote 1