Sign in to follow this  
True170

Small School top 5?

1) Union (hands down)

2) LaRue (provided the team that showed up at Meade Co shows up to the State Duals)

3) Walton Verona

4) Wayne

5) Moore

Johnson Central could sneak in if they don't have an off day. LaRue could not even place top 5 if they have a lapse of concentration, but Canter ALWAYS seems to have his boys up to the task. Moore is solid, but when it comes to State Duals you have to have a coach who can strategize with the best of them and as much as I like Coach Thomas I'm afraid this is going to hurt them come tourney time. But with all that said, aside from Union who I see as a LOCK to win back-to-back crowns,, any of the top 6 (including JC) could be anywhere in that list.

Before Moore was thrown in there I think half was looking for someone to jump in and talk up Fort Campbell. With Moore one would be hard pressed to argue Fort Campbell at this stage of the game. They definitely have potential to finish as high as 3rd but would have to prove themselves capable of that first.

Oh and Johnson Central, almost forgot about them

Wow, thanks dscicle. First time I have been downed on kywrestling. Don't worry about us. We are pretty banged up but we will make adjustments the best we can to go after a state duals title.

This split in the state duals waters it down a bit but I guess it might help the growth in wrestling in KY I'm not sure. Just not a big fan of it. Union will almost certainly be the champs, but I am looking forward to the teams battling behind them. Haven't seen Moore yet, but have heard nothing but positive things about them. Larue is always tough! Like I said, wish they were still in the mater dei classic and never got a true answer as to why they dropped out. Ft. Campbell has a solid lineup if everyone is healthy(and badass singlets on top of it). JC and WV have solid kids to make a run. WV is my dark horse in this race. But predict Union to win it all. Saw them at Mater Dei and they were impressive. Beat out 3 of the top 10 teams in Indiana, including #2 Franklin.