Sign in to follow this  
i<3wrstlng

#2 beats a #1

Wade is playing in several all star football games and wants to keep his weight up for them. He cut down to make 185 lb for his fat test and wanted to give 182 a shot at the KOB. He wanted the option to wrestle either weight this year. He is not sure what weight he will go come State. He played football during the season at 195. There are many great wrestlers at 182 and 195 neither are cake walks.

http://www.hudl.com/.../wade-holtsclaw

Good answer....I was just thinking out loud...Makes sense !

Sorry but he doesn't look lke he weighs 195 , maybe in his pads but I suspect that is some football padded stats . Jmho

Ankle pick you are probably correct are there any tougher guys at 182 than 195 . It wouldn't seem like it but I do not know .

• Upvote 1

Sorry but he doesn't look lke he weighs 195 , maybe in his pads but I suspect that is some football padded stats . Jmho

Ankle pick you are probably correct are there any tougher guys at 182 than 195 . It wouldn't seem like it but I do not know .

Why quote me , I agreed with you , all I was saying was he did not look like he weighed 195 in his football photo to me as stated , and it's common knowledge Football stats are often padded / wrong for effect !!

I give it to him for wrestling up and multiple classes if he can use it to his advantage then more power to him .

No, ThirdRound, I did not wrestle. But I've been around the sport long enough to understand what all the conditioning does.

All I was posting is what I've been told by both Wade and Coach Mitchell.

I wasnt trying to qoute you. My bad, damn smart phones. The picture from his hudl is from last year when he weighed 170. There is no need or reason to pad stats for football. Simple fact is he is not a big fan of cutting weight.

Wade wrestled in the Cincinnati Youth League for several years. We watched Stephan and Austin wrestle many times as kids. They were studs then and nothing has changed. Wade never wrestled Stephan or Austin. Man I sure miss those youth wrestling days. That league was the best.

Yes , it was fun , I knew i recognized the name and I thought they might have wrestled or at least been in the same class before , or the same tournys , I looked on the hudl site it said he was 195 so I figured the picture with it was his picture that year , thus my comment he doesn't look 195 , and according to you he wasnt in the pic , CYL Was fun glad my kids and yours are still in it I remember back then some mad coaches or people would say my kid wouldn't wrestle in jr high then HS or win state in either now I guess they will say it about college , either way congrats and as parents we miss the youth and jr high days our control of the situation is very different unless you coach , good luck in football and wrestling and go wherever your boy wants or feels best , yes it was much easier when a city championship was the biggest goal in life , now it's state titles and beyond , I miss those days too

Josh...Did you ever wrestle ? .....Training and conditioning usually naturally takes the bodyfat off....unless you are loading up on the proteins....Could there be someone in 182 he may be avoiding? Hmmmmm....

Pretty crazy. Never really hear of anyone bumping up as the season progresses.

Pretty crazy. Never really hear of anyone bumping up as the season progresses.

He's not doing it for wrestling purposes, though. I don't think he expects he'll be wrestling in college.

With the stats he has in football wade (and ill put any amount of money on this) will go to college to play football! Thats the reason hes getting bigger!