Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

Region 6

Before anybody rips me a new one, the only squads I have seen wrestle this year are; Teams at Rumble, SK, Dixie.

My picks are based soley off what I personally think kids will wrestle come state time.

Here is my shot at it-

106- Skaggs (Dixie)

Wiley (Conner)

Osbourne (Ryle)

Peace (Walton)

113- Erdmen (Ryle)

Roth (Walton)

Maggard (Campbell)

Kloentrup (SK)

120- Adams (Ryle)

Owens (SK)

Spahr (Campbell)

????

126- Fausz (Campbell)

Parrot (SK)

Erdman (Ryle)

Tejada (Scott)

132- North (Ryle)

Badida (Conner)

Frank (Scott)

Cooper (SK)

138- Sanders (Ryle)

Goings (Conner)

???

???

145- Hamilton (Campbell)

Brown (Walton)

Belk (Ryle)

Harris (SK)

152- Myers (Campbell) - MOW

Cooper (SK)

Jones (Walton)

Woolf (Ryle)

160- Meiman (Ryle)

Roberts (SK)

???

???

170- Jones (Walton)

Warwick (Conner)

Turner (Campbell)

Hicks (SK)

182- Chamblee (SK)

Matthews (Campbell)

Miller (Scott)

Kish (Ryle)

195- Thompson (Conner)

Craven (Ryle)

Bergmen (SK)

???

220- Myers (Campbell)

Maines (Ryle)

Mueller (SK)

???

HWY- Weber (Ryle)

Kearns (Conner)

???

???

I think it will be a tight team race between SK, Campbell, and Ryle

Close match tonight between Ryle and CCs hvy it was 5 to 3 ryle kid then CC hvy hit a trip to a pin , I would add him on to that top Four list maybe very high .And grant has a hvy that should make the 1 spot Cody Miskell

You're right about 1 thing Steele is tough but your underestimating Braden Jones. He's a beast and works extremely hard. I never say a kid won't make it because I'm nothing but positive but if Meiman goes to 160 Braden Jones will knock off one of the above 4. He's 12-1 right now only losing to a kid I think that has a legit shot to win it all at 170 although with Lane Jones in the mix now it does make it a very interesting weight class at 170 for the state title. Taylor is fine at 126. He finished runner up at the Derby Classic and looked great doing it.

I also believe there will be some movement in that class (170) from all around the state including region 6. Look for some kids to move in weight classes either down to 160 or go to a heavier division because there is so much talent in this region. I'm looking forward to NKAC Dec 22 it will tell alot.

I only seen Dixie in bits and pieces- Jackson is good but 145 is looking stacked right now! With Harris as your 4 that's a super tough weight class...

Also I would move Steele to number three at 182. I just can't see him beating a state runner up and Matthews on a consistent basis. Not saying it can't happen but I like Matthews chances over the course of a season.

Nkac the "22" is not going to tell much at all because it is the "22"before the 2 lb allowance .

Things may become clearer but most kids will not make their move untill after Xmas and their weight allowance .

It will however be a nice preview to what Nky has. It will be a showcase of Nky wrestling.

Nky has become very strong in the last few years. It has returned to the powerhouse it once was in the 90's when they battled Wky for superiority.

I think this weekend will be interesting to see all the Nky talent. However I don't think the results will be anything near what the region will look like.

I think there is going to be a lot of movement after the christmas break from all teams. Nky has a lot of senior talent that are trying to find thier spot at the top of the podium on the last weekend. I will go out on a limb and predict at least 10 finalists from Nky with 6 champions. (SK 2, CC 3 WV1) All will depend on where everyone ends up at the end of the year.

Imho Schwachter of Scott has a great chance at 160.

A great chance at what. winning 160? only way he does that is if CC does not show up to the NKAC

Judging from last night and CCs 160s win over the 160 lb Swowca champ and top 3 ranked Ohio D1 160 lber for the second time this yr , even though he's down in weight on his decent and not 100 % I doubt Schwachter becomes the first wrestler to beat or even score on him this season. Good luck to him though

I think this weekend will be interesting to see all the Nky talent. However I don't think the results will be anything near what the region will look like.

I think there is going to be a lot of movement after the christmas break from all teams. Nky has a lot of senior talent that are trying to find thier spot at the top of the podium on the last weekend. I will go out on a limb and predict at least 10 finalists from Nky with 6 champions. (SK 2, CC 3 WV1) All will depend on where everyone ends up at the end of the year.

A great chance at what. winning 160? only way he does that is if CC does not show up to the NKAC

He has a great shot at top four in region 6 and making some noise at state.

If he has a great shot at top 4 then he may have a shot at top eight ,

If he has a great shot at top 4 then he may have a shot at top eight ,