Sign in to follow this  
CooperDad

College Choices

With this being one of the better years for Division 1 prospects coming out of Kentucky, I was hoping that your seniors would be interested in sharing who they are looking at, or possibly even gave verbal commitment to.

S. Myers Visiting Lehigh in Oct , talking with a handful ,Bucknell ,Notre Dame Oh ,Rutgers ,Columbia ,OU ,looking at Virginia and a few others as well , a lot of old teammates at Notre Dame , and some good Ohio talent at Virginia ,not sure what he's up to though ,Stanford is a possibility for both .

S. Myers Visiting Lehigh in Oct , talking with a handful ,Bucknell ,Notre Dame Oh ,Rutgers ,Columbia ,OU ,looking at Virginia and a few others as well , a lot of old teammates at Notre Dame , and some good Ohio talent at Virginia ,not sure what he's up to though ,Stanford is a possibility for both .

Nice list, and I assume more to come!

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of studs there that could compete at D1.

Notre Dame College is loaded with strong Ohio talent. I don't know where they find the $$$, but they have a very impressive roster. There is more $$$ available outside of the D1 realm, this includes NAIA as well. Remember, D1 is limited to 9.9 (I think) schollies. So very few, if any, are on full athletic rides. Campbellsville (KY) has put together a nice program and has newer facilities.

Very strong for NAIA , Scales , Shivener both very good oh state champs with long history's of success in wrestling Walker Selmon Charles Mason all friends of Stephens who he has wrestled with on one team or another , with guys like Newhouse Labry and Byrd at Ashland D2 in oh is very tough ,yes it's D2 ????? The only one he has considered or talked too it's about what would make him happy and his education and where he would get to excell and improve and in his case with that group he Definatly would they are all workers Stephen Shivener and Walker , three original prodigy studs , not sure if walker is wrestling or not though ,

It's all up in the air though .

Yes Norte Dame college moved to DII two years ago I believe. I remember when I was a freshman in college they won an NAIA Title then. Also a lot of their guys did compete at D1 schools in their first or second year of college and then decided to move down to a different division to focus more on academics or other reasons.