Sign in to follow this  
ManBearPig

favorite wrestler you have ever watched and why?

I wonder if it would be possible to get more of the kids that were on Team KY and who will be on it involved with the Team that goes to Fargo ,it would be nice to cover most of the classes in at least one style and as a group it would benifit the whole state having more kids expsoed to that level of competition and perhaps bring more notice towards KY as a whole as far as College recruiting goes .win or lose simply being there is a great thing for a kid to experience .

Didnt cooper finish 5th in Greco last year. Probably our only placer.

My favorite KY wrestler of all time to watch is John wolseifer. Absolute stud who enjoyed pounding opponents into the mat.

Second for me was Jon Wiard. Unstoppable cradle his senior year.

How about favorite moments or shocking moments ones that wake you up and say HELLO ,i liked the ten second pin in the first round at 52 last yr big double blast with a lift done old school wham bam thank you mam but that is a bit bias by me I about lost it thats the kind of Hello you want to make every tournament ,and making it in that circumstance was unreal for us and him .

The crasiest most shocking thing was Lampes takedown on Jayce i dont remember the specifics all i can envision is the face plant and you can tell everyone was shocked and was like oh S@!& that was a great match ,Cooper Polly was exciting i know it was not that close not blasting on anyone but Polly fought for his life to keep from getting pinned and prevailed in a way of course its not something anyone wants to become known for but Cooper is tough .

Judes match with Canter was entertaining and brutal headbutts and all .

Brock looked like he still had a couple gears left the whole tournament to me and i never saw him in any trouble not even against a good state champ..

Frank and his Finals match ,saw a kid give up a state title with seconds to go and be fine with it ??good sport is an understatement maybe he was stunned ...very fun to watch and Frank seemed like such a good kid its to bad hes gone this season it sure would have been nice to have him around..

which brings up TJ his loss to Ryle has to be Huge he was a great motivator for his team at the duals and tournaments i saw him at ,he worked his butt of pumping up his team at the dual with CC i almost think he forced those guys to win very impressive on his part entering the lions den and taking charge ,some things in this sport are overlooked those types of things are and often .I know most of this has been said its just fun bringing it all up ,Anyone who has had son /sons in the sport lives to see their son at state as a freshman win lose place or not its usually the goal ,as far as favorite wrestler /moment everyones will truly be one of their sons or both for me honestly watching them both win state together how they did it will never be topped ,its storybook .

There are a few things left though I wonder how Mr Reuschell feels having a College AA, that is huge and an ultimate Goal for sure he's the role model for all these High School kids right now ,and all eyes will be on Fahy and Yenter in those great schools and on kids like Morris from Woodford and the rest who are at less well known schools but still competing on the next level .

I have a feeling this next yr may be one of Kys greatest ever or it may just be my bias ,Big team battles ahead Big region battles ahead big matchups big iffs as far as who goes where im sure the rankings have a few mistakes as far as where everyone lands an awful lot of upperclassmen talent Cooper Carr Erving Myers Boston five studs Anyone inside of or outside of Ky expect to see at the next level and who have all done well outside of KYand yes i know Boston has not even wrestled here yet but he is what he is ,hope he and the Lawsons likes that blonde look they have down there ,

I hear Union is shaving their heads this year for state coaches and all, :lol: Then there are the kids i know who i have not seen as much of but know they are studs Rearic Willen Parrot Polly Canter Preston Carmen Bryant and those i know well and are studs Jones and Chamberlee who i hope get their titles this year seeing them from youth battling year in and out and who are so close to getting that biggest of wins and a kid like Hamilton a sr i have got to know somewhat that has the skills to get it done and hopefully does ,and all the rest of the upperclassmen studs mixing in all of the underclassmen and and a few jrs that are there Like Fausz and Lampe I cant see anyone saying Kentucky is not improving of course it is getting better in my opinion as i get to know whos who in it ,Its not going to be just my opinion after this next year though it will be fact either way i expect everyone will take notice whith a few more nice showings at the Nhsca nat tournys and some kick ass showings at Fargo that i say everyone should clearly demand from their sr studs Cooper Carr and Myers as well as Erving Fausz Boston and Myers All of whom can and should place out there in my opinion Seven All Americans would clearly make this the best crop of wrestlers ever in the state probably for eternity and make anyones claims from outside that Ky is a subpar wrestling state laughable .

Im going to have to say Harrison Courtney . He was just so smooth and slick. Made everything look effortless. I heard people say that he wasnt good on his feet , but he just never was the takedown let you up kind of wrestler he was the take you down once, then just beat the living crap out of you, which is what i really like. After he took you down it wasnt ok is he going to turn the guy it was I wonder how he s going to turn the guy and how many times before he pins him. Just great hardnosed beatem up kinda wrestling

Wow. Some of these names bring back some great memories. It's hard to believe its been almost 25 years.

Wrestling varsity for 8 years gave me a chance to see some of the best to ever come out of Ky and I'm sure I'll leave some out but here are a few.

David Ritchie. A ball of energy who destroyed people from the neutral position.

David Barnes. I wrestled David as a freshman in a AAU tourney and was just happy to stay within 5 points of him. He made it look effortless

One of my favorite matchups was the Mark Richardson- Dominique Black year. Mark was the typical Woodford County star. Extremely well coached and solid as he could be but every time they wrestled that year you could see Dominique getting better and better. I can remember thinking this guy is gonna be special

A lot of people have mentioned Jerod Trice and he was definitely as good as advertised but the forgotten one was Troy Bailey. Word at the time was that Bailey was actually better than Trice. He won state as a junior and to this day I still can't figure out how I was able to beat him in the semis my senior year. I could have wrestled him 10 times and he would have won 9. He was super smooth. Thank goodness for the cross face cradle. :). I heard that Troy died the following summer from a gunshot wound. Gone to soon, but not forgotten.

Wow. Some of these names bring back some great memories. It's hard to believe its been almost 25 years.

Wrestling varsity for 8 years gave me a chance to see some of the best to ever come out of Ky and I'm sure I'll leave some out but here are a few.

David Barnes. I wrestled David as a freshman in a AAU tourney and was just happy to stay within 5 points of him. He made it look effortless

One of my favorite matchups was the Mark Richardson- Dominique Black year. Mark was the typical Woodford County star. Extremely well coached and solid as he could be but every time they wrestled that year you could see Dominique getting better and better. I can remember thinking this guy is gonna be special

A lot of people have mentioned Jerod Trice and he was definitely as good as advertised but the forgotten one was Troy Bailey. Word at the time was that Bailey was actually better than Trice. He won state as a junior and to this day I still can't figure out how I was able to beat him in the semis my senior year. I could have wrestled him 10 times and he would have won 9. He was super smooth. Thank goodness for the cross face cradle. :). I heard that Troy died the following summer from a gunshot wound. Gone to soon, but not forgotten.