Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2006/2007 preseason July 28

It would be nice if at state when they announce different wrestlers wrestling on each mat and they tell there rankings, if they used KentuckyWrestling.com's rankings. Could it happen?

Good catch.  The others are just further down the list.  Supe should be lower.  Plus, I did miss Wren.

Chitwood and Vaughn both have the capabilities to defeat Bates and I believe Chitwood did at least once.  I think all three of these kids should get equal consideration.

Chitwood and Vaughn both have the capabilities to defeat Bates and I believe Chitwood did at least once.  I think all three of these kids should get equal consideration.

Where I see a difference is that Bates seemed to end the year wrestling really well (better than the others).  He lost a questionable match to Brownfield at state that prevented him from potentially medalling (not sure about him getting by Voth).  Bottom line is that they all go into region equal.  Bates stepped it up and took the championship.

I believe Chitwood pinned & decisioned Bates during the season.  Not sure what Vaughn has done against Bates in the past, is he planning on going 103?  But like Ranger said, Bates stepped it up at the end of the year.  He wrestled a great tournament at regionals when it really mattered and the title was on the line, he beat Chitwood.  Not sure how much Chitwood was cutting last year, but that may have had something to do with it.  It seems to me that cutting too much weight effects you a lot more at the end of the year than in the beginning. 

I'm not doubting that Bates should be higher. As you stated he stepped up when it counted.  My only agument is that Vaughn and Chitwood were left off the list when they are of similar calaber of Bates.  Especially when Supe was added to the list. 

I'm not doubting that Bates should be higher. As you stated he stepped up when it counted.  My only agument is that Vaughn and Chitwood were left off the list when they are of similar calaber of Bates.  Especially when Supe was added to the list. 

gotcha....good point, i agree with you there.

ok 2 clear things up about fern creek caleb wood is looking at going 112 & malcolm jackson is looking at going 140 so i think this can change the season round a little.

I agree that would change things a bit.  I would love to see Caleb and Sullivan and Jackson and Thuneman go at it.  But I'm not ready to move them yet.  Why would Caleb cut the weight this year when he didn't last year.

Guest DAWG6

I agree that would change things a bit.  I would love to see Caleb and Sullivan and Jackson and Thuneman go at it.  But I'm not ready to move them yet.  Why would Caleb cut the weight this year when he didn't last year.

Eville DAD - you have to chim in on this :-o Caleb Wood at 112. He can look at it but I honestly don't see it from him or his parents.

Someone hear is  :roll:

I've heard the same rumors, but its a long way till the season starts!

I dont think its as hard to believe considering that Calebs older brother wrestled 112 his Senior year. Caleb may have hit a plateau with his weight to where its easier for him than before.

Their family has been involved with wrestling for a long time, they know what they are doing. I'm sure all involved, parents, coaches and Caleb will be talking to make the right decision for Caleb and the team!

Caleb is looking at 112.  His brother was 119 his junior year and dropped to 112 his senior year and that surprised some people.  Caleb is weighing about 120 right now and eats like a horse.

Ok someone explain this to me....why would Wood go to 112?  If Voth, Lewis and Ervin are at 125, who would possible be at 119?  Not too tuff of a weight class if you ask me...Parks, Johnson...and whomever.  No offense to the other 119'ers but I don't see much else.  I'd take my chances with those guys before dealing with Sullivan.  Good luck to Caleb if he wants to try Sullivan but from the outside(me), looking in, I haven't seen the look in his eyes you need to beat Sullivan.

Just my opinions.

Tanner wedding at 152 goes to evansville memorial i wrestled him at mater dei last year. He just lives in kentucky i dont think he wrestles in  it

i totally agree about sullivan it is going to take a man to beat sullivan he is good on the mat and on his feet i dont if wood is good enough to beat sullivan but we will i think that sullivan is underestmated cause sure lack of wieght if i was in the postion to go 103 and win a state title i would to but when he moves to 112 this year i dont think hew will have a problem winning his 3rd strait i went to the junior olympics and open tournaments with them guys and sullivan dont only hadle the guys from hear but the ones from all across the country some of the best wrestlers in the nation and i see him pin the guy in the finals at the junior olympics including the ohio sampsons kid who on a team made up of state champs so he will not beat in ky or any other place that comes around for him in his high school career including making great show at senior and junior nationals in my opion he will be one of the top 5 top ever come threw here like him or not he is that good and i doubted a little before i seen soem of the shows he put on like at the scholastic nationals in pigeon forge tennesse where he pinned threw as well so we will see what happens but i see wood not having a good showing against sullivan :?

Guest DAWG6

I've heard the same rumors, but its a long way till the season starts!

I dont think its as hard to believe considering that Calebs older brother wrestled 112 his Senior year. Caleb may have hit a plateau with his weight to where its easier for him than before.

Their family has been involved with wrestling for a long time, they know what they are doing. I'm sure all involved, parents, coaches and Caleb will be talking to make the right decision for Caleb and the team!

Thank was my point, I now Calebs parents are very involved in this decisions as well as the coaching staff.  If Caleb can make 112 safety and have a beat chance of inning a title and help his team then great. 

It would be a great Match Wood vs Sullivan.

I guess then Caleb isn't too woried about college prospects?  Not many colleges look below 19 unless you've got a Ruschelle or Murton quality wrestler. I'm not saying they won't, but being at 119 makes thins a hell of a lot esier for Wood all the way around.

Guest DAWG6

I guess then Caleb isn't too woried about college prospects?  Not many colleges look below 19 unless you've got a Ruschelle or Murton quality wrestler. I'm not saying they won't, but being at 119 makes thins a hell of a lot esier for Wood all the way around.

I truly don't think thats all they look at.

I see numerous kids to wrestle in college on partial $$$ values and they aren't special even in Kentucky, maybe place finisher at best. 

Then you are assuming Caleb plans to wrestle after high school.

Caleb is successful on and off the mat, I think his college options are many and varied, if he chooses to wrestle beyond high school I know he has options available regardless of what weight he wrestles his SR. year.

Guest DAWG6

Caleb is successful on and off the mat, I think his college options are many and varied, if he chooses to wrestle beyond high school I know he has options available regardless of what weight he wrestles his SR. year.

You hit the nail  right on, we have personally known Caleb 4 years and he is a first class young gentlman both on and off the mat.

eville dad - congrads to  :mrgreen: at Fargo.  Did he get a hiar cut yet :-o

Another first class gentleman :-D

steven watson is better then 11th i see him in the top 3 at state next year noone at 71 or 89 on that list has beat him  but that means he is gonna have to work harder to prove something

im gonna get my 112 weigh-ins & most likely wrestle 119 at the tournaments & when it comes 2 regionals then i'll make my decision on what i will wrestle at state.

All or none its my senior year