Sign in to follow this  
Givemethatdouble

Best and worst!

Austin Myers . Yes , I still take Austin he has had the better schedule came up on the better era and had better coaches , and I don't even know who coached Merritt , two of Austin's former Prodigy coaches just made the O team Ware and Hazewinkel , and his main jr high coaches Root and Lowe were better coaches than the first two mentioned as far as working with the kids .

I don't think people understand yet just how good Austin is and how much Stephen is slacking . But they will no way Austin should even be wrestling 220 yet and he is hanging very well , I would not want to wrestle him by his jr year no matter who I was saw him throw a 315 lb wrestler straight over his back last night at Walton and Cameron beat him every go but they were goes for sure he's a great coach by the way,Walton has the tools to be great . I doubt any coach in the state will hang with him in two yrs let alone any wrestler I know he's my son and I have already blew my horn but he's a beast And I doubt anyone ever in Ky Will become as dominant as he will become of not already is .

I coach Hoptown now, graduated in 1998, was on the 96 team that came up short and placed 2nd. I must say ( as I always do ) there was probably only a handful of people in the nation that couldve beat Miguel Merritt his senior year.He was dominant and embarrassed some really good kids. Didnt wrestle in college, played football 2 yrs out west and 2 years starting LB for Alabama. Fatman I believe is 1 of only 2 wrestlers to place 6 times. Austin reminds me alot of him with his athletic ability. He moved like a 112 pounder. My assistant Hank Pinner was nasty on his feet and I owe alot to him for taking me under his wing in High school.Still can hit a duck with an inch of daylight. Willie was nasty and still is to this day. He still can roll with anyone. Never got to see JT wrestle but his legend is bigger than life haha. You are right GOO, I hear Trice was a sponge for knowledge and had nasty throws. I talk to Ploesser 2 or 3 times every year. I swear I could sit on his couch, and listen to his stories for hours. I cant pick a favorite but watching those guys wrestle was truly a blessing and would still win their titles in this era. As well as some old buddies from across town. I WILL SAY.. Dont take a kids moment away by saying he may have been the benefit of a weak weight class and won a title by default. I was never that great but ended up placing pretty high 3 times. Pretty proud of em.

The late 80s teams of Christian Co and Hoptown were loaded with talent. Jimmy Perrin, Tom and Andy Lee I wrestled with then across town Eddie Person, Steve Bailey and Gartha Herring. Hoptown brought home the title my senior year of 85 but both squads had great runs. Incredible wrestling here back then.

Austin is no where near or has not been no where near top shape he has a lot of stuff no one has seen I think he I hesitant to hit his throws because of the sise he I wrestling I think he starts hitting more and more of his normal stuff as he grows into a real 220 or maybe drops to 195 which I doubt . Not sure what constitutes best but by his jr and Definatly his Sr yr people will only be watching his matches and trying to guess when he gets the pin or tech not if he will win or by how much . Mayb if h goes hvy next yr someone can last a match with him or even catch him but I doubt it h would pack on 3o lbs and throw them around to .

#1 If I were Austins parents I wound never drop him to 195 even for fargo, He moves better than most 220's , If He has a couple more good growth spirts and get some huge thighs he would make a heck of a D1 HVY

#2 Miguel Merritt I dont think was as great as Livingston, Matter of fact I coached a kid who moved away his senior year that split with Miguel that won state in North Carolina

#3 GOO who beat Livinston his freshman year? was it a Stepp?

#4 Bruce Stepp from Sheldon was a fun 185-HVY to watch , but I dont thing he was as good as the 2 that carry this conversation

I had to do some research for that one BigD.

Livingston was 2nd out of Wky to Junior Brown (Union)

Livingston lost in the 1st round of State to David Ketchem (Scott) 10-9

Livingston came back through the conso's. Defeated Ketchem in conso semi's 22-9 and beat Brown 13-5 for 3rd place.

Jody Burke from Danville defeated McKinley Stepp in finals. (Livingston was on Stepps side of the bracket)

Big Ed , nice point but it goes 195 285 and that's an awful big jump. I think Austin is thinking hvy now for college he may grow a little in height and certainly will grow and fill out probably more than anyone expects but 285 is pretty big why they have such a huge jump is beyond me it's insane . He Is a running back "the rest of the world says he's a fullback but he says running back "he wants to play in college I'm not sure how it goes he looked good last yr running the ball and very good blocking "full back "and he really needs to be a linebacker which he was , but I see him at full back somewhere If he chooses to just wrestle it will get very interesting he stays busy all the time as far as training he doesn't go 100 % all the time but he goes all the time he has it down his style and gameplan fit the weight he entered as of last yr if he can find fast and agile coaches and partners like he has with some coaches at Cc and Cameron whom he wrestled with last week he will improve and reach his potential if he get lazy and starts playing around he falls behind his pace .