Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Middle School State

Message went out to the coaches on the listserver from KSWA President Jason Moore:

Coaches – I hate to clog up your email with another listserve message, but I wanted to send out the results (it may take me a few days to get them posted), send out some thank you’s, and ask for your feedback on the weekend.

First, I have to thank my wife Amber and Krista Yenter (and probably a few others that I am unaware of) for all of their hard work on the hospitality room. That is a thankless job that is a huge task for an event of this magnitude and most of us just expect it to happen. But I know a ton of time and effort went into making this a success.

Thanks to James Wilbers for running a smooth and efficient event. Even though I slowed him down a few times during the day he ran the biggest tournament of the year and made it look easy.

Thanks to the teams that covered the tables, specifically Campbell County, Harrison County, and Montgomery County. As we all know, without good table workers the tournament will go downhill quickly. The association provided some benefits for these teams/parents for taking the responsibility. If your team is interested in the future, please let me know.

Thanks to the Campbell County parents and fans. They are always there to lend a hand, no matter what time, place, or condition.

Thanks to the crew from Walton. Dan Meyer provided a truck that was a lifesaver in transporting all of the “stuff” for the association this weekend. Brandon Cornett and John Roth (and others) built an amazing podium for the association that greatly enhanced the awards ceremony and will for years to come. I also appreciated the help on Friday setting up.

Thanks to Kevin Spahr for providing the nice bracket boards for the winners.

Thanks to the officers (John Roth, Adam Lantman, and Barry Zumwalt, along with their wives/girlfriends) for all of their support and hard work as well. This was definitely a group effort. Thanks as well to past officers Tim Lange and Efren Quirino for their input and support as the new officers were handed the torch.

I’m sure most of us are ready to take at least a small break from wrestling and find some free time to rest and catch up on the to-do list. But please take a few moments to let me know your thoughts on the event this weekend.

Thanks again to everyone on a great state tournament and great season! Every year we are taking middle school wrestling to another level in this state. I’m sure Team KY will continue to show our progress on a national level.

Wrestlers, coaches, parents, fans. Everyone made this a great state tournament.

• Upvote 1

I have to say kudos to the many involved in running this tournament. It was run extremely well and improved from last year which was also run very well. It seemed even more organized than last year. If I'm going to be picky though, I thought the calling out of the parents in the corner to sit down was kind of silly. They weren't blocking anyone's view of the matches. It's never been an issue in the past and wasn't on Saturday.

Jason/John...well done on the podium. That was slick.

Just to throw a few more out there that I failed to mention before...

Thanks to Montgomery County for being great hosts. Coach Stockdale is committed to making this event better and better every year.

Thanks to Jon Eschan for helping to keep the tournament running smoothly. His help as the head official and assisting the tournament director were huge in keeping the day moving along without a hitch.

And thanks to the women who developed carpal tunnel filling out all those brackets. I know Amber, Paige Yenter, and Dominique Wells did a lot of writing Saturday afternoon.

I thought the tournament was great! The officiating was awesome and I seen few complaints from coaches. I think often we are quick to point out terrible officitating but do not applaud it when its good. So thumbs up to all the officials that ran the tournament!

• Upvote 1

I'd say for most part officials did a good job, but there was one in particular I would have to totally disagree ! Two different times awarded points to kids for coaches comments ,, both cases where corrected and taken from team . The officials should know better .