Sign in to follow this  
Broke Back Wrestler

Toughest Region 06-07

Whats the toughest region going to be next year?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the toughest region going to be next year?

• Region 1
    • Region 2
    • Region 3
    • Region 4
    • Region 5
    • Region 6
    • Region 7
    • Region 8

Ashbrook was going to wrestle in the NHSCA Open in virginia beach, but was sick when we got down there and was unable to make weight and wreslte.  He would have gotten his second all-american award again, seeing that he was seeded in the top 6 there. Most of the Harrison kids wreslte in the summer, just not at tournments.  they run there own practices and have their own workouts for the ones that want to go.  Most of the team plays 2 or 3 sports beside wrestling so that they are staying in shape

I know a couple of guys that do stay pretty active, but overall the team does not.  And I definitely have to question your "estimate" of 3 sports besides wrestling.  I know some of those guys pretty well and they are not participating in 3 other sports.  And from what I hear about their own workouts, they are not well attended.

Several of the Harrison Co guys are involved in Golf, Baseball, Soccer and not to mention Football.  I think that you are giving these boys an unfair assement of their "off wrestling season" activities.  Some of these boys don't play other sports but you are forgetting that some of these boys are good old farm boys and get a great workout in the hay field.  You don't have to be in a gym or on a playing field to get a work out!

Several of the Harrison Co guys are involved in Golf, Baseball, Soccer and not to mention Football.  I think that you are giving these boys an unfair assement of their "off wrestling season" activities.  Some of these boys don't play other sports but you are forgetting that some of these boys are good old farm boys and get a great workout in the hay field.  You don't have to be in a gym or on a playing field to get a work out!

That is very tru, you sometime get a better work out throwing hay than you would in the gym. I was one of those guys when I wrestled for Harrison co.  And yes Ranger I am close to most of the team, seeing that I was the one taking some of them to off season tournaments in dead period since a coach could not

Well let's see those Harrison County boys come out this weekend and prove me wrong.  My guess is you will see 2 or maybe 3 of them and 1 winner.

I don't disagree that good old farm work is better than playing golf, but I was responding to your comment that they are involved in 3 other sports.  And don't get me wrong, I am a huge Harrison County fan, but right now I don't see them getting ready for a "monster" season.

I know ashbrook will NOT be there.  He is still recovering from an injury at the battle of the bluegrass and plus he is going out of town to watch his brother try-out for the REDS.  I am sure you are right 2 or 3 will be there and maybe 1 winner but i think a few of them might be at football camp, not sure on that one.

Ranger - you were right.  Only a handfule of Harrison Co. wrestlers showed up to the Bluegrass Games.  Looked like Murdock was having a good day.  Wasson was there but didn't wrestle.  Wonder what's up with that.  What did you think?  Barnett showed up and there wasn't anyone for him to wrestle.  Coy had a hard day, but wasn't this last season his first?  Harrison Co. has such a tradition that I think come October they will be ready and have their minds in the right place.

103 Andre Zeppa NO

112 Joaquin Luna EAST

119 Caleb Wood FC

125 Derek Branch FC

130 Ben Warner OLD

135 Trey Morlett OLD

140 Malcolm Jackson FC

145 Kevin Stewart FC

152 Ben Barger FC

160 John Wolsifer FC

171 Ben Rupp EAST

189 Ryan Houchens SOUTH

215 Deon Chaney FC

285 Josh Young OLD

Just guessing about where everyone would be in Region 5 lets compare the champs to the other regions in a duel format and see who would win.  I'm betting its Region 5 vs Region 7 in a close one.  In my openion theres not one weight class in Region 5 thats weak.

region 6

103 Chitwood  Ryle

112 Supe        Scott

119 Shotwell  Cambell County

125 Brown      Simon Kenton

130 Brown      Conner

135 peace      Ryle

140 Thuenamen  Scott

145 Goldsby    Holmes

152 Denham    Dixie

160 Cooper      Simon Kenton

171 Ried          Ryle

189 Benson      Dixie

215 Fuller        Cambell County

285 Patterson  Scott

these are my guesses for region champs there are several other kids that will make a descent showing at State

Predictions for Region 5 VS. Region 6

103 Zeppa Dec. Chitwood

112 Luna Pin Supe

119 Wood Maj. Dec. Shotwell

125 Branch Dec. Brown

130 Warner Pin Brown

135 Peace Maj Dec Morlett

140 Thuenamen Dec. Jackson (2nd best match)

145 Goldsby Dec. Stewart

152 No idea?

160 Wolsifer Dec. Cooper (Great Match)

171 Rupp Dec. Reid

189 Houchens Dec. Benson

215 Chaney Pin Fuller

285 Young Pin Patterson

103 Zeppa Dec. Chitwood

112 Luna Pin Supe

125 Branch Dec. Brown

130 Warner Pin Brown

145 Goldsby Dec. Stewart

152 No idea?

171 Rupp Dec. Reid

189 Houchens Dec. Benson

215 Chaney Pin Fuller

285 Young Pin Patterson

i see cooper over wolsifer and fuller and chaney being close with fuller on top

Guest DAWG6

103 Zeppa Dec. Chitwood

112 Luna Pin Supe

125 Branch Dec. Brown

130 Warner Pin Brown

145 Goldsby Dec. Stewart

152 No idea?

171 Rupp Dec. Reid

189 Houchens Dec. Benson

215 Chaney Pin Fuller

285 Young Pin Patterson

How would it look if region 7 was against each?

region 8

103 jj jude

112 travis sullivan

119 bryan daniels

125 coty cinzant

130 matt slone

135 jordan freeman

140 killburn

145 winchester

152 stevens

160 dials

171 watson

189 kelly

215 watson

hwt espinoza

i see cooper over wolsifer and fuller and chaney being close with fuller on top

I think the Wolsifer vs Cooper match would be a battle and could go either way.  But I gave it to John because of his win in the finals last year.  And I see Chaney pinning Fuller at 215.  Did these 2 wrestle when Chaney was at 189 and Fuller was at 215?  Or was it when they were both at 215?

i have wrestled fuller and chany i think chaney is the better of the 2 but fuller is no push over thats for sure but i thik chaney will be a force to reconded with quickley next year and only the second weekend of the season chaney and watson will meet up at the wayne county cardinal duels throw central hardin and terry turner in there and cambell countys billy fuller they will all wrestle 3 tough matches will be a great weekend last year watson won all 3 chaney won 2 and lost one fuller lost to all of them in 2 close ones with chaney and turner

i have wrestled fuller and chany i think chaney is the better of the 2 but fuller is no push over thats for sure but i thik chaney will be a force to reconded with quickley next year and only the second weekend of the season chaney and watson will meet up at the wayne county cardinal duels throw central hardin and terry turner in there and cambell countys billy fuller they will all wrestle 3 tough matches will be a great weekend last year watson won all 3 chaney won 2 and lost one fuller lost to all of them in 2 close ones with chaney and turner

Fuiller has never lost to turner and he didn't face chaney there he faced him at campbell county

Thats correct, thanks for letting us all know who you voted for  :evil:

lol actually i dont remmember voting but I feel pretty stupid right about now...and no i dont think region 3 will be the toughest but im still representing...