Sign in to follow this  
Givemethatdouble

TJ v.s Brock

A little bias there BRAVE soul? The WHOLE union team is on another level than Ryle.

I would say that Ryle at the very least has a schedule equal if not superior than Unions schedule. Both teams have the luxury of crossing the river and competing in another state. However I believe that Ohio is superior than any of the states Union can cross into. And Ryle along with Simon and Campbell spend 80-90% of their schedule in Ohio.

Just saying Union is superior is not a valid argument.

Yeah that was petty and ignorant! But I will say that mater dei holiday classic is up there in quality of some of those Ohio tourneys. That's probably the only one. Trinity can attest to this. Larue used to go to It but Im not sure why they dropped out. Maybe they took too many whoopens ha (joke).

As much as I like TJ's style of wrestling, Brock wins this one and I don't think it's as close as the score would indicate. By no means do I mean any disrespect here either, Brock is just on a whole different level as far as take downs go and I think he controls where the match takes place. While TJ is an animal on top I do not see him turning Brock and making up groud to tie the match.

The wildcard in this all though is who's in TJ's corner? We all saw a more more focused and aggressive wrestler at state when TJ had Kyle in his corner. It appeared that everything Kyle told TJ to do he did and as a result got a pin over Sean Fausz and in dominating fashion.

My pick would be like a 4-0 score in favor of Brock Ervin.

• Upvote 1

A little bias there BRAVE soul? The WHOLE union team is on another level than Ryle.

I would say that Ryle at the very least has a schedule equal if not superior than Unions schedule. Both teams have the luxury of crossing the river and competing in another state. However I believe that Ohio is superior than any of the states Union can cross into. And Ryle along with Simon and Campbell spend 80-90% of their schedule in Ohio.

Just saying Union is superior is not a valid argument.

GOO is correct that the level of Ohio HS is above Indiana. Trouble with that statement relative to where the Kentucky teams travel is the best high school wrestling is in NE Ohio. No one from the Bluegrass makes that road trip for team competition.

Ryle went up to Wadsworth GIT last week. However Wadsworth schedules teams for them to win their own tourney, they havent lost this tourney in like 15 years. Ryle placed 5th. BTW Ruschell won 3-1 in the finals.

He won 3-1 against a kid who took 4th in Ohio and controlled the entire match. There was no doubt who was going to win from the whistle. The competition was very tough. Beast-mode 415...you not making any sense.

I think it really depends on the pace of the match. Ruschell impressed me last state tournament with his top wrestling and scrambling. I watched Brock a couple of times at state duals and he looks like a college wrestler. A fast-paced match favors Brock while a grind match looks better for Ruschell. Also, will Ruschell be able to get his turn on top? As for my prediction honestly I think either can win but I would have to pick Brock. He just looks complete from all positions. I think he'll be able to take Ruschell down a couple of times and then pick neutral when he gets his choice. If Ruschell wants to turn him then he'll have to pick top in which he'll take the chance of not getting his turn and his escape point.

TJ is a beast no doubt about that- been following him throughout his hs career! That bein said In any class but 126 i think he would be looking at a repeat. Problem is he happens to be In Brock's! I think it will be a great matchup and i hope it will wait until the finals! TJ is great at controlling the match from the top but i dont think he will match up on his feet- Brock will control the takedowns for at least two periods!

• Upvote 1