halfhalfhalf

Armstrong tournament @Caldwell

Barren, Caldwell, Calloway, Christian, Daviess, Fort Campbell, Hop-town, Ohio, Ravenwood Tn., Paducah Til., Union (B), UHA, Trigg, Creekwood Tn.

Who's going to win?

Wasnt there to see it BUT ... My phone ringing hasnt stopped since Saturday. From what I hear, the match got out of hand and if anything, both should have been tossed and/or the Official shouldve gotten control of the match. But (as I said) I wasnt there.

Wasnt there to see it BUT ... My phone ringing hasnt stopped since Saturday. From what I hear, the match got out of hand and if anything, both should have been tossed and/or the Official shouldve gotten control of the match. But (as I said) I wasnt there.

I was there and was watching the match. Sahms appeared to be in control of the match and things were getting a bit chippy. I feel Sahms should have displayed more composure instead of retaliating on the out of bounds incident. He should have known that the officials would penalize the person retaliating.

As for Gilkey - wasn't this match and the outcome eerily similiar to the region finals last year? Looks like he has a talent for getting people to lose their cool. I would anticipate that the officials will start watching him a lot closer and give him zero tolerance.

Have to wonder if it had any effect on the outcome of the tournament? If I understand things correctly an ejected competitor loses all team points scored for the day. I see Caldwell won the tournament. Did the Sahms DQ help out?

Your correct. Sahms lost all of fort Campbell's team points.

I am sure Sahms scored bonus points on his way to the finals...not to mention the placer points. How many spots did it drop Ft. Campbell?
  • Upvote 1

I don't know how many points Sahms had but I was told Fort Campbell was in 6th only a handful of points separated them from 3rd though. Will anybody say what exactly happened? I know Sahms and Gilkey very well and I can only imagine.

Will anybody say what exactly happened? I know Sahms and Gilkey very well and I can only imagine.

It'd be better if someone could post a link to a video. A little more unbiased.

Why not post a link to the match?

There was one posted last year when Gilkey took a dive in the regional finals match. Aren't you as proud of this win??

I'm really glad that Gilkey was not injured. I thought that Sahms wrestled outstanding. From the beginning of the match I thought it was getting out of control and the Referee should have stopped the match and talked with the two boys. Now as for the Referee he did a horrible job all day long. He never paid attention on what was happening on his own mat always worried what others were doing three mats down. How do you call a pin why you’re still standing up? This guy was so lazy that he didn’t want to get on the mat and when he was down on the mat he would call a one second pin. I Believe in order to be a referee you need to be in shape and be able to move around the mat very quickly, he had neither one. Two Referees on the same mat one of them should have put themselves in between the wrestlers and the table. Terrible job on refereeing. I blame this match on the Referee.