Irish Wrestler

2011-12 Season

It's way too early, but for kicks and giggles, what the heck! These are the kids that I think have a great shot to win it.

70 Saul Ervin

75 Tanner Yenter

80 Blake Roth

86 Bryce Sheffer

92 AJ Bindner

98 Derek Wiley

105 Logan Erdman

113 Hudson Heidorf

121 Keegan Duncan

130 Tyler Frankrone

168 Johnny Meiman

I know...bold predictions right? And yes, I am a region 3 homer.

Can't see Saul making it back to 70. Heard he is weighing over 80 right now. I think Roth is weighing closer to 75 than 80 so I would guess he will be at 75 for district. But February is a long way off, so anything can happen.

Wasnt Meiman 140 champ last year, has he put on that much weight since then? Frankrone more likely to be 140 than 130, has grown quite a bit. Also look out for Cobe Calhoun from River City at 152.

• Upvote 1

Don't know his exact weight, but Johnny's significantly bigger than last year. I thought someone was telling me Frankrone's going about 130. Not sure about the little guys. I was just taking a lucky guess. No matter...shuffle these kids around. The above mentioned have a good shot in my humble opinion. It will be very interesting watching the year unfold and very entertaining.

Great predictions so far. Be interesting to see where each kids steps up in weight class. Also interesting to see which fringe wrestler steps up and challenges. Should be fun, I cannot wait.

Where's Ranger when we need him? Come on Ranger the high school gets a complete list of preseason rankings, can't you at least give us a list of top middle school wrestlers at each weight? We need something to discuss until the action begins.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe how quiet this forum is this year.....are there any wrestlers out there????

Between school,practice and then home work each night not much time to surf the net.

• Upvote 1