Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmccoy

Region 1 Predictions

If there is anything anybody has learned these past couple years, is never think you stack up well with Union. To beat Union you'd have to have some really good wrestlers from 152 up who will be able to win all those matches, and in the lower weights you have to have kids that only give up majors at the very worst. That is the only formula to beat Union and nobody really has that this year, the closest to it is Fort Campbell and they are still a ways off. Christian and Ohio have all of their best talent matched up against Union's best talent.

What is Ft. Campbell line-up ? The one that lines up with Union Co.,better than any team in region one.

A couple weeks until the start of season. I'm excited. Is their anyone in Region One awake? This topic has had no talk for two weeks

I doubt anyone knows their lineups yet at this point. BTW, getting my reffing license and will be back in Western KY working some matches after graduating from UK in December. Take it easy on me guys!

I brought up that they lined up better over the fact they are returning more talented guys in the upper weights then any other team with 3 returning region placers from 160 and up. But I am near the bottom of the list of who finds out what the final lineup is. Shoot most of the best guys won't be back until around 2 weeks after practices start anyway because of Football and Soccer.

Well personally I've only ever wrestled Moore, although I could ask David Sahms since he has wrestled both of them. With Wade you know what you're going to get, solid technique and really hard to score on. Moore is a lot more incosistent with his wrestling, somedays he is untouchable but other times he can lose to a kid who has no business beating him. Wade peaked around his freshman year and really hasn't improved much sense then, reminds me alittle bit of a Zach Sanders in that regard, you know he is around 5th or 6th in the state at all times. From experiance I know Billy Moore is really solid on top but I don't know how Wade's bottom is, espically against leg riders. However, I would predict Billy Moore by a score of about 4-2.

1. Polley

2. Wynne

3. Bunch

4. Hall

5. Ervin

6. Haywood

It's really hard to rank these guys. I don't really think regional seeds are going to matter because I could see any of the top 5 winning. Haywood is a good wrestler, but i just dont see him beating any of these guys consistently.

1. Polley

2. Wynne

3. Bunch

4. Hall

5. Ervin

6. Haywood

It's really hard to rank these guys. I don't really think regional seeds are going to matter because I could see any of the top 5 winning. Haywood is a good wrestler, but i just dont see him beating any of these guys consistently.

Don't quote me on this cause I am going purely off of memory but didn't Heywood beat both Wynne and Bunch last year? It was from weights being moved around I know. I have also learned that despite what you might say about Heywood's talent the kid has way too much heart and wins his matches off of just pure strength of will pins

I checked, he stuck Bunch in the first period, never wrestled Wynne.

I'd put it at

1. Polley (big weight cutter though)

2. Hall (never count him out in the postseason)

3. Haywood (never count him out ever)

4. Wynne (talented but needs to find success at the end of the year)

5. Ervin (bumping up a lot of weight, and he isn't exactly Caleb)

6. Bunch (could easily end up higher)

polley didnt cut much weight at all last year..polley really never has cut a lot of weight once i think abt it

Ya I made that up in a quick instant and in my head I was probably thinking about Killebrew who always seems to have 0% body fat on him. My mistake

I'd put it at

I can't agree more about Haywood, he's one of my favorites to watch.Big, Strong,and an all around good guy.I don't think he will be down to 145, but regardless where he's at ,I fill sorry for who he lines up with.

I'd put it at

Where is the love for Gabe ? Do you not know his last name ? It's ERVIN- ERVIN-ERVIN

I can't agree more about Haywood, he's one of my favorites to watch.Big, Strong,and an all around good guy.I don't think he will be down to 145, but regardless where he's at ,I fill sorry for who he lines up with.

Haywood WILL be at 145.

Haywood WILL be at 145.

145 looks to be loaded from top to bottom !!! I can't wait to see some of these match-ups.

What do you think 138 is going to look like?

If Gabe was at 132 or 138 I'd maybe have him in the finals, I haven't looked. the difference between 125 and 145 is huge. I don't know how many guys fleeing the lost weight of 135 will be going 132 and which ones will be oging 138 so this is just a guess at weights my guess is that outside of Jayce this will look completely different come regionals.

1. Jayce Carr (head and shoulders, and torso, and knees, above everybody else at this weight)

2. Ryan Bunch (a good solid wrestler, very consistent)

3. Evan Butler (just another lanky hoptown guy, might be Lawson )

4. Josh Green (the younger brother of Zach Green, could be Gino, Jerry's younger brother. Gino was my backup and Josh was his brother's)

5. Chris Hall (I don't remember any of his matches)

6. Whoever Christian County has

Making me make full predictions step by step I see, well as long as it provokes conversation there is nothing wrong with it.

1. Chad Gahafer (come out of nowhere and had a monster state tournament last year)

2. Jacob Bennett (easily the most improved wrestler in Region 1 last year, benefits of good coaching and a good partner)

3. Devantae Humphrey (also saw a lot of improvement, if he builds some set ups he can be a major threat)

4. Nick Ringle (missed a year with a broken back but a real solid kid who wins the matches he needs to)

5. Isaac Lawson (grew a lot, very likely he doesn't show up at this weight)

6. Ryan Gallogaly (if the tournament was decided by most out there last names, he'd be number 1)

O.K. FCHS, It's looks like you have thought this out pretty good.( although I don't agree with all your prediction.) So just start out with 106 and go through hwt. It's alot of fun to see what you think.