thomam

Horsepower Spring Tournament April 23rd!!

Saturday April 23rd, 2011

Moore Traditional School

6415 Outer Loop

Louisville, KY 40219

Styles: Folkstyle & Freestyle Divisions: Bantam - Open

Format: Round Robin (If there are more than 6 in a weight class, we will split into pools)

Cost: $10 for one style, $15 for both

Gates open at 8 a.m.

Admission: $5 adults

$2 12 & under

Coolers and outside food will be charged an additional $5 at the door.

Start times:

Bantam - Schoolboy Folkstyle 9:30am-10am ---- Weigh-in and check-in from 8am-9am

Cadet – Open Freestyle 9:30am-10am ---- Weigh-in and check-in from 8am-9am

Bantam – Schoolboy Freestyle 12pm ---- Weigh-in and check-in from 10am-11am if wrestling here only

Cadet – Open Folkstyle 12pm ---- Weigh-in and check-in from 10am-11am if wrestling here only

We will start earlier then 12pm if the first session finishes early.

Early Weigh Ins: We will have weigh ins at Moore on Friday, April 22nd from 5pm – 7pm. There will be other remote weigh-ins available and they will be posted on KentuckyWrestling.com when dates and times are known. Look under EVENTS.

Registration: Each wrestler must have a USA Wrestling card available at themat.com. You will be able to purchase a card at the door for $30. We will take forms early but we will NOT take money until the morning of the tournament. Everyone will pay at the door before coming back to check in.

USA Wrestling weights and divisions are available at www.themat.com/forms/Weights.pdf

Mike.thomas@jefferson.kyschools.us

Could I suggest that next year you put the high school guys on two mats and the little kids on one mat? By 5:30 pm, many of the high schoolers had gone home instead of wrestling their final matches. The little guys were done by 2 pm. Thanks.

Kyle Terry even jumped in and reffed a few matches and did a great job. And when he wasn't reffing, he was coaching kids, who weren't even from his school! He is a quality kid.

how was the tournament overall? as far as the younger kids goes, how many matches did they wrestle on average? we had gone to Evansville that day and my son only wrestled two matches and they were both against the same kid, doubt i'd go back there.

how was the tournament overall? as far as the younger kids goes, how many matches did they wrestle on average? we had gone to Evansville that day and my son only wrestled two matches and they were both against the same kid, doubt i'd go back there.

High quality competition in the high school age groups. My son wrestled 4 or 5 matches but we had to leave before it was over because my wife called and said water was flooding our basement! By that time it was almost 6 pm anyway.

It was a much better turn out than last year. Most classes had four guys in it. There was a whole lot more smaller kids than last year. I will try to have results posted by the end of the week. The ref situation was an unfortunate one with only 1 ref who knew freestyle. This is what created the back up for folkstyle with the older kids. Thanks for your patience. Thanks to the refs and volunteer refs who stepped in and gave them breaks. As always we will take suggestions and continue to make the tourney better for the state and the sport. Look forward to seeing more at the State tourney at Central in three weeks.

Yes there were lots of things we could have done better.

Next year we will have more refs.

There will be youth wrestling taking place in the Large Gym on two mats while the older kids will wrestle in the small gym on two mats.