Sign in to follow this  
moosenuckle

STATE FACE OFF

So what is yall's opionion about the way they did the face off this? Do you think it was better then the year's past or did you like the old way better? B)

This was discussed among the fans in our section... we all agreed that the old face off was more exciting. I like the stage being set for only the two wrestlers being announced and seeing them both run out of the tunnel (except of course for the wrestlers that take their sweet time walking out there - which is mildly amusing as well).

I personally thought the youth state finals face off was way more intense than the high school state face off!

The youth state face off was pretty cool except it lasted forever with kids slow on getting out there and the fact that there might be 350 weight classes to go thru haha. It was a good day of wrestling

The old way was much better. I always liked it when the top dogs would walk instead of run out. Was it George King who had a soda in his hand when he came out one year?

Alright I will go ahead and try to clarify, the face off was actually a mistake. The plan, as the finalists were instructed was to walk out in our lines, listen to the national anthem , turn and return to the back lobby, and then the face-off would proceed as normal. The announcer jumped straight into the face-off however and the finalists were kind of "stuck". This explains the 103's uncertainty on what to do.

Yeah beacause when we were in the back getting ready to come out the lady told us we were just going to walk out in our line do the national anthem and then go back. She never told us anything about a face off while we were out there, that is why the 103's didnt know to go out there. I personaly thought they were gonna call everyones name and weight and their opponent when they didnt done the names and the 103's didnt go out.

Alright I will go ahead and try to clarify, the face off was actually a mistake. The plan, as the finalists were instructed was to walk out in our lines, listen to the national anthem , turn and return to the back lobby, and then the face-off would proceed as normal. The announcer jumped straight into the face-off however and the finalists were kind of "stuck". This explains the 103's uncertainty on what to do.

no totally true. yes it was a mistake, but the announcer did EXACTLY what he was told to do. how do i know? i was with him at the main table and he asked me what happened. somewhere along the line of people, the message got tangled or something. But the announcer did what he was told to do.