Sign in to follow this  
refdad

Injury time

I don't know if anyone else agrees or not but I saw WAY to much injury time being called in the third period and 90 percent of the time, the kid took a one minute breather then was fine. To me this is nothing more than legal stalling!

Calling a HS kid names and insulting his accomplishment is gutless.  I hope those doing it are middle school kids and not adults.

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of wrestling I saw in the finals.  The resources for KY wrestlers to improve are available.  Summer wrestling is huge in Cincy and not too far away.  125, 152, 171 champs were impressive imo.

I don't know who called anyone a name or insulted or discredited anyone specifically but I didn't mention any one team or any one kid. I however did see two teams in specific needing injury time quite often in the third period. If you didn't see this situation as a problem them apparently we just disagree on this topic. Faking injury time to get a breather only takes away the advantage the other kid gained by working harder throughout the season and is total b.s

• Upvote 1

Yes refdad it is unethical to use a timeout for a breather.

However you know there is little we can do about it.  They changed the rule that there is only 1:30 injury time and on the second time out the other wrestler gets choice and the third time no matter the time remaining is an injury default. 

Not much more can be done.

I don't know who called anyone a name or insulted or discredited anyone specifically but I didn't mention any one team or any one kid. I however did see two teams in specific needing injury time quite often in the third period. If you didn't see this situation as a problem them apparently we just disagree on this topic. Faking injury time to get a breather only takes away the advantage the other kid gained by working harder throughout the season and is total b.s

I think I know of one team you are talking about. Pretty obvious when it happened match in and match out. Get in shape!

Especially when the inhaler is held 6 inches away from the wrestler and they are staring at the clock makes it very obvious.

Which team, if u dont want to say on post send me a message