Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Ranger's state tournament report

Loser of Bisnius of Ahern woul get Hamilton in the second round of conso's. This must be where Ranger has Ahern making his exit. (even though he's beaten hamilton twice) Two rounds later they would have the loser of Supe and Carr. Whoever looses that match will have a hell of a wrestleback.

You can't pay so much attention to these rankings and reports. Fun to read but that is the extent of it! Ranger has not seen the lions share of these kids, and some of these rankings are completely contrary to results.

You can't pay so much attention to these rankings and reports. Fun to read but that is the extent of it! Ranger has not seen the lions share of these kids, and some of these rankings are completely contrary to results.

Noone is forcing you to read these threads or pay any attention.  I have said on many, many occassions that these are my opinions and only based on the information/results I receive.  If you are able to travel around the state to multiple tournaments every weekend and see every kid in the state than it sounds like you should be the guy doing this.  This specific report is my opinion based on the way the brackets we set up.  There were some situations where I did go against the results based on my gut feel.  For example, Ruschell.  He had recently lost to Bryant and Boone had an amazing season.  Both seemed to have the upper hand on that side of the bracket.  But my gut told me he was the man to beat.

Again, I've always published this stuff as a guide and welcome all the input the kentuckywrestling community wants to offer.  Sometimes I get more than I bargain for.  Other times I get nothing on a lot of kids.  We do the best we can with the data we have.  It usually works out pretty well.

I don't know Buckeye!  Ranger was pretty darn close on a lot of the weight classes.  Did you not look at the statistics he incorporated?!  Close or not, I really appreciate someone taking the time to do what he does.  It's fun to follow during the season as the big tourneys unfold and kids go up and down the rankings.  Unless the state decides to pay someone to attend all tourneys and sponsor legit rankings, he is as close to that as anyone can hope for.  Keep it up Ranger!

Thank You Ranger for all you do for Wrestling and all of us too.  Please keep up the great work you do.

Again Thank You very much.  Bob Reeser A Fan For Life!!!!

Ranger,

Around the state, we appreciate the time and effort that goes into your rankings. I think predicting 10 state champions and 8 of 14 finals correctly speaks for itself.

Thanks. Like I always say, I owe much of the accuracy to all of the readers/posters out there. I wouldn't be even close on these without all of the input I get from coaches, parents, fans, and wrestlers from all across the state. It is a lot of fun; even when I am wrong.

Ranger-Do you thank it`s about time for the 2011/2012 Preseason State Rankings ? You knew this was coming,and you have probably been thinking about how things are going to work out. SO LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED!!!

Ranger-Do you thank it`s about time for the 2011/2012 Preseason State Rankings ? You knew this was coming,and you have probably been thinking about how things are going to work out. SO LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED!!!

Yeah, it's coming alright. Give me a few more days; maybe late this week or over the weekend and I will post for the new year.

Yeah, it's coming alright. Give me a few more days; maybe late this week or over the weekend and I will post for the new year.

Send me this year's and last's report, would like to keep those (the attachments got lost after moving boards)

ranger did you finish your rankings

pretty much. just need to do some cleanup and find a few minutes to get them in a decent format to post. been on the road for a couple days and will be again soon. maybe tomorrow night.