Sign in to follow this  
ubtappin

If a Regional is cancelled?

I was just now watching the weather on the evening news.  They hinted of a possible major snow event next Thursday & Friday.  What happens if a Regional Tournament gets cancelled due to inclement weather?

I would guess it would push everything back state wise until they can complete their regional tourny.  I wonder if they would try to get their tourny in some time during the week before state?  Lets hope this doesn't happen.  A lot of people schedule days off or even vacations in advance for the state tourny, this would make for a lot of angry people.

The state tourney would not be moved.  The sceduling of the arena is already a done deal.  They cannot move it to the next weekend. 

The regional tourney's must be complete the weekend before the state tourney.  No if ands or buts. 

The state would probably tell them they must have the tourney prior to Wed. 

They have to get it in sometime. No way state can be moved because the Frankfort Civic Center is rented out months in advance for everything it hosts. And I doubt you can find another venue that's big enough on short notice.

I've always heard (and it actually did happen one year i'm told) that Regions go off on saturday no matter what. Most teams find a way to get there. Smartest idea in the world?? nope. But in all honesty, not many regions nowadays can be wrestled during teh week (too many teams and wrestlers), and very few coaches want to wrestle on a sunday. My guess (and it's not worth much, so take it or leave it) is that unless the state shuts down the highways, regions will be wrestled saturday no matter what.

Did we NOT learn anything from basketball a few years ago? It was one of the Louisville regions (6 or 7 in basketball) that had a referee fiasco. The tournament was scheduled to finish on a Thursday, but didn't finish until the FOLLOWING Monday or Tuesday and then the winner had to play on Thursday in Lexington.

The region in question will have to do everything in its power (go to single elimination, try to wrestle on the following Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) before State is pushed back.

I've seen State tennis held just hours after a tornado hit UK and there was still debris on site.

I've seen the State softball finals held at 12:30 IN THE MORNING.

I've seen State girls' basketball games tip off at 10 p.m.

Bottom line:  State waits for no one.