Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingmom

District

District 8 weigh-ins started at 7:30 and we were on the mat at 9:08.  We were finished around 3:00.  Everything went very smooth--it was very organized--I wish every tournament ran this smooth.

SpartanMom  I would not say it was "Everything went very smooth--it was very organized" overall I would give it a grade of C+ to a solid B.  I have attend many other tournaments which was much worse.  It seemed due to the High School Regionals being at the high school many of the knowledgeable support personal needed was not available.  IE table workers, officials, and just general support staff. 

I think officiating has been an issue at every tournament I have been to this season.  The lack of consistent officiating will probably always torment us--especially since there is usually high school events occurring at the same time and officials are limited (however it is better than it was years ago).  As for table workers--considering none of them were wrestlers (since the high school was hosting the regional duals) it could have been much worse--they seemed to be quick learners.  Overall, I still think it was the most organized tournament we have been to this year.  I think it would be great if every school would have folks volunteer to work tables at district-regional-state events so the host school could ensure they would always have qualified help.  When the host school doesn't have the option of seasoned table workers it can be difficult.  At least the table workers there seemed to pay attention instead of texting and talking (which I have seen often).  I think every tournament could be better--especially if folks would work together.