Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

What's been going on this spring?

I have been super busy at work (you know, the job that pays the bills) so I haven't been keeping up with the chatter on here.  But as I have been catching up I am disappointed with the lack of info on the spring wrestling so far.  We're not even seeing who is showing up at these events, let along results.  I know the brackets are generally pretty weak with only a few kids, but it would be nice just to hear/read the names of who is working hard this off season.  Not to mention see how fat some guys are getting already.

alot of prp kids are going to summer tourneys to get better, jerron roberson and anthony wood, anthony beat kody despain( sorry if i spelt that wrong) he beat him at the central tournament, jerron had a good match with wade hotlsclaw, i wrestled chase boone this weekend but lost by 4  :-(

A couple of Central kids are staying busy this summer.  Jared Lynum, Dominique Thompson, Karlan Groves, and Omar Jarvis have wrestled.  Jared lost to Payton of PRP and Thompson beat Payton of PRP.  There will be a real fight in our wrestling room this fall at a couple of classes.  We had 7 of our guys wrestle at the tourney at Central.

ok time out thompson weighs like 130 man and bryce weighs like 112 man yea it a good win but i mean look at the weight diffence

A couple of Central kids are staying busy this summer.  Jared Lynum, Dominique Thompson, Karlan Groves, and Omar Jarvis have wrestled.  Jared lost to Payton of PRP and Thompson beat Payton of PRP.  There will be a real fight in our wrestling room this fall at a couple of classes.  We had 7 of our guys wrestle at the tourney at Central.

Man. You guys are still happy about that ha wow I'm glad he beat me he's susposed to I

ea. Let's be serious he weighed way more than 130 and when I went to change in the bathroom I stepped on the scale and weight 112.6 so yea that's a 20 pound difference ha so congrats haha 

The truth is you don't get happy for wins in the summer.  They are truly just glorified practices unless it is on the national level.  The truth is Lynum weighed 126 which means you should have confidence to beat guys bigger than you.  Don't make excuses, just except it and get better.  If it were a case of gloating I wouldn't have added in that you beat Jared.  Also just because they weigh more doesn't mean they are supposed to beat you.  I just reported the results of two matches that I thought were good.  :-)

The truth is you don't get happy for wins in the summer.  They are truly just glorified practices unless it is on the national level.  The truth is Lynum weighed 126 which means you should have confidence to beat guys bigger than you.  Don't make excuses, just except it and get better.  If it were a case of gloating I wouldn't have added in that you beat Jared.  Also just because they weigh more doesn't mean they are supposed to beat you.  I just reported the results of two matches that I thought were good.  :-)

How would I have confidence Beating  a kid that weighs 30 more pounds than me, and you was sayin you know how to beat me? Yeah just get someone that is way bigger than me getting me mad don't work good try tho 

The fact is he weighed in at 130, so your math would be incorrect.  Also getting you mad did work because you lost to Dominique.

The fact is that he didn't weigh 130 from what I hear you don't check their weight ad they go whatever weight they want

I wasn't mad during the match I was smiling during the match because you guys act like he had just won state or something the fact is the weight difference played a big part in it I don't care that I lost it don't count but it's ok

I agree with Jacket Coach concerning the importance of summer matches and reporting the news.  The story must be told, but everyone is most interested in what happens officially during the season.  Everyone knows Bryce is a competitor and he hates to lose.  I see nothing wrong with that.  In wrestling bigger guys, you get the added benefit of a quality match that you may not find with guys your size right now.  Everything is an incentive to get better, wins and losses.  Otherwise you would never improve and instead plateau.  We have seen plenty of that in wrestling, and I'm not content to run our program that way.  Specifically, from what I understand the Dominique match was a close one, so I would imagine you would be motivated to work hard and perhaps next time come out on top.  Maturity displays itself in wins and losses, Captain....

To correct certain statements and missed info.  I do check weights and checked their weight for the tourney.  The other thing you seemed to miss is that I gave you props.  I mentioned two matches that I thought were good.   A 4-3 match is a good one.  It wasn't about who really won or loss just that two competitors went at it.  That match should have given you the confidence to show that you could go with somebody heavier and do good.  The Lynum match had a bigger spread than that one in your favor. The excitement from the guys on the team was probably from playful banter that I heard was going back and forth.  As far as the mad thing it didn't look like a smile coming off the mat.  I only point out your anger but in a way to help you control it.  With controlled anger in situations, it will help you reach new heights.  As my dad told me, "Where you head goes your butt follows".  Meaning when you get too excited during a match you lose track of the real picture and that is to win.  I told you the tactic not as a secret but as a learning experience.  That tactic could work for so many other wrestlers across the state including some on our team.  I also agree with jbigdaddy in saying that the summer means nothing if it doesn't correlate to a good showing during the official season.  Pressure either will break you or make you better.