Sign in to follow this  
Allamerican125

Top wrestlers out of Region 7

the ones i think that have a good shot at a title are

josh ashbrook improved alot from last year to this pst year he improves a 10nth as much look for him ion the finals

beau saunders place very high this year and i think he has what it takes to win

courtney well hes courtney

byrd came back from a bad injury to take fifth impressive4 i think he will be lookin for a title this year

starks defending state champ a good shot at another

coty lewis good shot at the title if he wrestles like he did this year he will be in the finals

both voths if they wrestle hard the little voth will need a good draw but tyler will be in the finals if he gets rite of the nerves

wasson is capabl;e i think matters who goes where

OTK:

I will agree with you on Starks, Courtney, Lewis, and Voth as the best bets for state champs in region 7. You can add Byrd to the list if he is 215, I'm not convinced at Hwt. "YET"

Ashbrooke and Parks I would put just outside, but could be there depending on draws, improvement, and what wt. class they go.

Sanders may be next, but he has to prove he can score points. He had several matches in the post season that were questionable both in region and state.

I think many of the Harrison Co. wrestlers will make some noise next year. They must however learn to score, wrestlers and officials will be watching them closely next year, they won't be allowed to ride the legs or trap the legs again next year and ride out on top.

OTK:

I will agree with you on Starks' date=' Courtney, Lewis, and Voth as the best bets for state champs in region 7. You can add Byrd to the list if he is 215, I'm not convinced at Hwt. "YET"

Ashbrooke and Parks I would put just outside, but could be there depending on draws, improvement, and what wt. class they go.

Sanders may be next, but he has to prove he can score points. He had several matches in the post season that were questionable both in region and state.

I think many of the Harrison Co. wrestlers will make some noise next year. They must however learn to score, wrestlers and officials will be watching them closely next year, they won't be allowed to ride the legs or trap the legs again next year and ride out on top.[/quote']

Calling out the Breds! Yes, they all need to show some confidence and attack more next season.

I think Byrd will be a force at either 215 or 275. Maybe more at 275 just because he will be much more technically sound that the guys he will be facing.

Don't get me wrong I think coach Reigal has done a great job of returning Harisoon Co. to its top form like in the 80's.

I just would like to see them be more active on the mat and not wait for something to happen.

Is Harrison County's Coach Reigle the same one with over 500 dual meet wins?

Is he in the Wrestling Hall of Fame?

Yes that is the same coach Reigel, he coached in New Jersey, then cam to Harrison about 10 years ago. And he has over 700 dual meet victory, and is in more than one hall of fame. He is in the national hall of fame with a few others in new jersey. The reason it only say 5oo dual meet victorys is because he has not turned in info he is going to wait till he retires I belive. I had the great honor to be coaching with him when he got his 700th a few years ago.