Sign in to follow this  
@controlwa

Coaching Opportunity

J town High school is looking for a new paid assistant coach.

Must have 60 college credit hours

Please contact call me at 502-220-7040

Thanks

states about to pass new law that takes the 64 credit hours out of equation to hire coaches would love to when it takes effect

Where did you hear this?  I was "volunteer" coaching for close to 10 years and could never be a certified paid coach.  If this happens, I just might come back.  That is if my hips, ankles, shoulders, wrists, etc., etc.... can take it.  LOL!

We also passed House Bill 327, another school-related bill, by a unanimous vote of 97-0. This legislation would address a growing concern about the shortage of assistant coaches for high schools and middle schools. In the past, teachers have been hired with the agreement that they would coach a sport, but as more teachers have retired those positions have been filled by good teachers who do not want to coach. Current Kentucky law requires that coaches have a college degree, but House Bill 327 would allow the Kentucky Board of Education to hire a non-certified person as a coach as long as that person completes a professional development course offered by the state board. This bill supports our schools

We also passed House Bill 327, another school-related bill, by a unanimous vote of 97-0. This legislation would address a growing concern about the shortage of assistant coaches for high schools and middle schools. In the past, teachers have been hired with the agreement that they would coach a sport, but as more teachers have retired those positions have been filled by good teachers who do not want to coach. Current Kentucky law requires that coaches have a college degree, but House Bill 327 would allow the Kentucky Board of Education to hire a non-certified person as a coach as long as that person completes a professional development course offered by the state board. This bill supports our schools

Here you go:

HB 327, which would also permit schools to hire qualified coaches who are not certified to teach or perform other certified school duties, is now before the governor for his signature.

If you can shake some trees I would get them shaking....:)