mnm

johnson centrals upcoming season

Johnson Central was very young last year, and will still be made of some young, but quality kids. The leader of JC will junior Corey Spencer(112) who has been in the top 8 the last two years and has had a phenominal summer so far. The Eagles will also return to be sophmore Jordan Freeman (125) who was one match from the top 8 and Sophmore Travis Scott who was a regional finalist last year. The Eagles return Ryan Kestner(189), Thomas Hardwick(160), Brady Hamilton (152), and Chase Richardson (215) from last year's squad, who were all very solid. I also think Cody Lowe, who had to sit out last year due to transfer will compete at a high level at 215 or HWT.

Aside from those quality wrestlers, I am very excited about the new talent that is coming from a top 3 middle school program. After placing in the middle school state, 7th grader Zach Salyers placed 3rd in the region at 103, and will return at that weight as a very improved wrester. His buddy J.J. Jude will be a 7th grader and could make an impact on the vasrity team. Middle School state champ Tyler Grimm will be a freshman next year and fill the 125 of 130 weight class very well. Anthony Cantrell, Just Banguti, and a number of other quality middle school wrestlers will fortify the Central squad.

To be honest, last year was a step back from the progress that JC had been making over the past few years. And though they will have some good kids and the leadership of Coach Gamble, I believe they are a year away for winning the Regional championship (but could be in contention this year). Call me crazy, but seeing the power of the middle school programs from JC and McCreary, I think that they may soon emerge as the team to beat in region 8.

Anything you would like to add the the line up, Jimmy?

central will also have mason meek returning at 171, i agree that central will be better in the future because of there young talent. i think that todd sites(135/140) and byron fairchild(215/hwt) will also make a positive impact on the team.

nice post Dumptruck :wink:

i would have to agree! johnson central has came a long way in there wrestling programand from the returning kids that have improved over the years, i cant help but to think that jc will will make a devistating impact at regionals.they lost some good wrestlers this year but after the middle schoolers that ar moveing up, it could be verry promising for the future of the team,with an exelent coach"s(Daron gamble)and(jim matney) the jc program should be one of the top competoters in regionals for years to come. :wink:

YEs Johnson Central will benifit from the very talented youth program and will be a solid team as for the real contenders being wayne and mccreary i wouldnt count on that sheldon clark has been top two for i dont know how many years. they have always been the team to beat. wayne and central battle it out for second and mccreary always has a change to pop into the top three sometimes but you cant say wayne and mccreary are the top two

I think it could be a big year for eastern ky. Wayne, Sheldon Clark, and McCreary have a shot at being in the top 10 in the state. Johnson Central also has some talent and will be tough. All much improved over this season's finishes (Wayne #13, Sheldon Clark #15, McCreary #18, Johnson Central #26).

mark it down jc will be battling it out at regionals next year and will walk away with a top 2 or 3 fenish next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

overtimeking Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:09 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you guys are talking like schs and johnson are the contenders. the real contenders are wayne and mccreary

i wouldent say that i totaly agree with that,,,wayne and mccreary are good but after it is a new year and whos to say that wayne and mccreary will be the continders next year!!!!!!! :x

me!!!! mccreary is going to win regions or get 2 easy they will be good and no one needs to doubt wayne they have a exelent coachen staff and great wrestlers sorry for the spelling!

central will also have mason meek returning at 171' date=' i agree that central will be better in the future because of there young talent. i think that todd sites(135/140) and byron fairchild(215/hwt) will also make a positive impact on the team.

nice post Dumptruck :wink:[/quote']

I don't think we will see Byron Fairchild help the team out this upcoming season Jimmy. He didn't do much last season either.