Sign in to follow this  
ryledad

Championship Celebration

I've never been a big fan of big celebrations... I find them disrespectful of the opponent.  That guy just lost a match and I'm sure is feeling very bad... this just rubs it in their face.  I understand emotion and excitement of winning... particularly a State Title... and understand if there is a raised fist, number one, ect. but throwing headgear, etc. is unacceptable.  I applaude Coach Brown for having Myron apologize to Hall and the Ryle Coaches... good lesson for Myron and what a class act Coach Brown.  Congrats to Myron... I am quite sure he has worked hard for the title.    Congrats also to Mark Hall.  What an impressive kid.  12 years old, moves away from his friends and from what I understand has fit in really well with his teammates, demonstrates only maturity and class on and off the mat.  Great job Mom and Dad!

I agree with the not a big fan of celebrations, especially for a mundane match but for a state title ok.  But when a pro does it for just a tackle, or big gain heck you are supposed to do that.  I would be surprised to know that Coach Brown had told Bradbury to go back and apologize to Ryle for his actions as he is the first one to go running infront of the Trinity area from whichever side of the mat he is on and raising his fists in the air and yelling.  So it is kind of an expected reaction I would think based on the examples given, but just my observation as well as many others I have talked to.

I've never been a big fan of big celebrations... I find them disrespectful of the opponent.  That guy just lost a match and I'm sure is feeling very bad... this just rubs it in their face.  I understand emotion and excitement of winning... particularly a State Title... and understand if there is a raised fist, number one, ect. but throwing headgear, etc. is unacceptable.  I applaude Coach Brown for having Myron apologize to Hall and the Ryle Coaches... good lesson for Myron and what a class act Coach Brown.  Congrats to Myron... I am quite sure he has worked hard for the title.    Congrats also to Mark Hall.  What an impressive kid.  12 years old, moves away from his friends and from what I understand has fit in really well with his teammates, demonstrates only maturity and class on and off the mat.  Great job Mom and Dad!

My impression was that Bradbury's celebration intended to send a message that "you are not gonna bring a 7th grade ringer in and win our state championship!"

Right or wrong, that what it looked like to me, in the stands.

And, is that wrong?

No its not.  Sorry but Ryle's chickenhawking plan didn't work.  Wonder who the 119 pounder for Ryle who lost his spot was?  Must feel great for him!

I agree with the not a big fan of celebrations, especially for a mundane match but for a state title ok.  But when a pro does it for just a tackle, or big gain heck you are supposed to do that.  I would be surprised to know that Coach Brown had told Bradbury to go back and apologize to Ryle for his actions as he is the first one to go running infront of the Trinity area from whichever side of the mat he is on and raising his fists in the air and yelling.  So it is kind of an expected reaction I would think based on the examples given, but just my observation as well as many others I have talked to.

CoachK -

Do you suppose that is part of Coach Brown's motivational tool box? He does something better than everyone else. The momentum Trinity had in the 1/4 finals was a thing of beauty. 3 pins within 90 seconds beginning with Ohlman's decking of Shotwell to McCauley's upset sticking of Jude and Hitchings pin wouldn't get your fist raised? He had been stirring that kool-aide ever since the Ryle Rumble and his kids were chugging it like a frat party kegger.

No one seems to mind anymore when the Carr&Carr coaching show is half way on to the mat because Woodford is a little down.

Coach Brown is not only good for Trinity, he is a helluva ambassador for Kentucky wrestling in general.

http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/speaker/4044-brown-richard

Those that are upset with myrons celebration should not forget the pressure that was put upon him by many on this site. For the 3weeks between the dragon loss several formus were started about what would happen to the furture of kentucky wresting if an seventh grade outsider came in and beat a defending state champ to win state. (no matter how phenominal Hall was, and he was that a phenom). So please rem the amount of pressure that was put on myron from the entire state to basically uphold our states reputation before you judge his celebration. I watched the video again and he threw his head gear at his own coaches feet let out a relief screem of excitment and went back to the center of the mat on to be greated by the boos of a select few ryle fans. (not all, the LARGE majority of ryle fans, including all coaches, Mark hall and his father were very respectful and congradulated myron on his victory) So i believe he simply reacted by saying your boos cant take my enjoyment of achieving somehting i worked for over the last ten years. Thank you for considering these facts from someone who is closer to the situation.

When I wrestled we had kids move into the state as well.  The ones I'm thinking of came from florida.  After the youngest was to go into the 9th grade their dad moved them to ohio to get them more exposure and experience.  He got 2nd his jr year and 1st his senior year.  Nothings changed on that front.  It helps our sport.  Most state champs celebrated even back in the 70's and 80's.  Goal reached.  I was not there this year to say anything about the 119 winners reaction.  If ryle's 119 did not like it he will use that as fuel to use against the team of the 119 winner.  The next kid will pay if the kid feels it was wrong.  It works itself out.  On the mat.....     

I don't know if it's part of a "motivational tool box" but sure it's to get a reaction from their fans and that's good, I just stated for the person who mentioned myron's outcry (which I thought was fine) where it might have come from as he had seen it 6,7, 8 or more times from previous matches in the earlier days. Sure those three wins were great and by all means deserve a fist raise or pump, i was referring to the every match walking over to the fans and yelling. As far as the C & C show, I don't think most people still like the fact they go onto the mat almost every match.  but it's funny how they hold each other back while the other one takes another step forward...they are comical out there for sure.

CoachK -

Do you suppose that is part of Coach Brown's motivational tool box? He does something better than everyone else. The momentum Trinity had in the 1/4 finals was a thing of beauty. 3 pins within 90 seconds beginning with Ohlman's decking of Shotwell to McCauley's upset sticking of Jude and Hitchings pin wouldn't get your fist raised? He had been stirring that kool-aide ever since the Ryle Rumble and his kids were chugging it like a frat party kegger.

No one seems to mind anymore when the Carr&Carr coaching show is half way on to the mat because Woodford is a little down.

Coach Brown is not only good for Trinity, he is a helluva ambassador for Kentucky wrestling in general.

http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/speaker/4044-brown-richard

Yes, according to Tim, Coach Brown did have Myron apologize to Mark and the coaches which I find respectful and a class move.  Not sure what "chickenhawking" is... but, for the record, Mark Hall came to Union as a new student and was accepted in the Gray/Ryle school campus, which qualified him to wrestle for Ryle.  Mark worked out with the team and wrestled off for 119... was awarded the position.  He was accepted as a part of the team and everyone on the team was proud to have him in the room and representing the team.  You will not find a more respectful and hard working young man. 

I congratulate Myron on his title... he has worked very hard and deserves the recognition and the title.  There is little doubt that Mark Hall will be recognized and rewarded as well as he progresses through is high school career.  They were two very tough competitors that provided a well fought and entertaining finals match.  I think we should all  be applauding the high level of competition they brought to our state tournament... not finding reasons for bashing either one of them. 

Did I miss something?? What did this kid do?? I was there but didn't notice anything out of the way when he won.....someone fill me in.  In my opinion (for what it's worth) this kids have the right to celebrate....they have worked for years and years for this accomplishment.  Nothing wrong w/ celebration as long as it is in good taste.  Congrats to the 7th grader.....does anyone know if a 7th grader has ever been in the finals before?

Im pretty sure josh cooper from simon kenton was a 7th grader when he made the finals in 2003

KHSAA records show him as an 8th grader but I don't know the accuracy of the records.

No its not.  Sorry but Ryle's chickenhawking plan didn't work.  Wonder who the 119 pounder for Ryle who lost his spot was?  Must feel great for him!

Get a grip you act like Ryle went on a hunt to bring someone in. The facts are Hall called Trinity and they wont allow Middle Schoolers to partcipate in Varsity events then he called the next best team i.e. Ryle and went there. Please tell me your not so lame that you will try to rain on a 7th graders accomplishment.

As far as Myron goes it was out of Myron's norm to act like that but there were a lot of emotions there and I can understand that. Like I told a friend though the sad part is thats how some people at the tournament will now remember him not everyone knows he apologized. Myron is a great kid and has a great future. Keep up the hard work!