Sign in to follow this  
Killercradle

MOW

I second the olhmann vote, that dude was on fire last night.. Can't believe he put shotwell away so fast, and Demery looked like he was in slo mo next to olhmann.

Brock Ervin was impressive too,  he's an 8th grader???, and I can't imagine anyone from Ky putting him on his back.

Awesome tournament , with a lot of talent.

A big congratulations to the 2nd to 8th place finishers, state champ is a great honor, but it's also an honor to make it there, a lot of guys standing on that podium that have given all they had and still finished with class, stay hungry guys.

Grant definitely was worthy of consideration for MOW beating in convincing fashion the number 1, 2, and 4 wrestlers in one of the tougher weight classes.  I think anyone could argue that he also could have won the award.  There is no doubt however that Osborne was a very deserving recipient.  He dominated everyone he faced, plus most pins award and handled himself admirably throughout the tournament.  Congratulations Ozzy on a great state title and career!

I think the correct wrestler won MOW.  Caleb Ervin & Grant Ohlmann were also deserving and I wouldn't have questioned it had either won the award, but there is a lot to be said for a kid who pins his way to a state title including 1st period pins in the semis and finals such as Osbourne did.  You see a lot of wrestlers get 1st and 2nd round pins on their way to a state title, but rarely do you see a kid pin his way through a tournament.  I don't remember the last time that happened.

It could have gone to either Brock or Caleb Irvin, Oz, Ohlman or Barrett who probably stole some votes at the end of the night.  That kid was impressive, he too pinned through.  My guess is those were the top votes, Hitchings as well, though a quiet victor flew under radar. 

No doubt the Irvin county boys will get another shot. 

It could have gone to either Brock or Caleb Irvin, Oz, Ohlman or Barrett who probably stole some votes at the end of the night.  That kid was impressive, he too pinned through.  My guess is those were the top votes, Hitchings as well, though a quiet victor flew under radar. 

No doubt the Irvin county boys will get another shot.

Barnett did not pin through. He won by decision 12-8 in the semifinals.