Sign in to follow this  
Wrestling Dad

Best in the Bluegrass

Who's the best pound for pound wrestler in the state this year?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best pound for pound wrestler in the state this year?

• Caleb Ervin
    • Mark Hall
    • Michael Osborne
    • Josh Johnson
    • Brad Hitchings
    • Myron Bradbury

Where did he win his Cadet National Championship?

Again, where did he win the cadet title? Just curious. I have not heard of this one, if he has, that is Great!!

I think they just misspoke when talking about titles. That is only national title that I know of that Caleb won. Sophmores could be considered cadet I guess is what he meant.

its wierd to see him taken down

Wanna hear something funnyy.... That ref threw me out of Senior nationals for arguing my own call (no Coach went with me.. I got a wildcard bid)  Then almost threw me out last year at NCWA nationals for cussing cuz my thumb popped out of place. Wow. I never thought I would see him on a flo wrestling video.

Sorry, I mispoke here.  It was sophomore nationals.  My error.

However, to my knowledge, Caleb is the only Kentucky wrestler in some time to win a national tournament, at any level.  That has been my point all along. 

Caleb's win at VA beach was very legit. His opponent was a returning national champion from the previous year at freshman NHSCA's. He beat some very tough wrestlers, he pinned in every match except for the finals and won the award for most falls. Its a huge tournament and we all had a great time watching our KY wrestlers compete.

This is my order:

Caleb Erving ~ Fahy: too close to call. Nhsca national championship Fahy: Beast of the east placer. Both have big wins over nationally ranked competition. This really is too close to call.

Brad Hitchings: nearly in the same boat as Fahy and Ervin. He placed 5th at the beast, he has big national wins and has been ranked nationally before though I believe he is on the honorable mention list currently.

Josh Johnson: As far a credentials go, Josh is next in line. He has been competitive at national tournaments like the Beast and Nhsca's. He did All American his sophomore year at VA beach