grappler-of-old

For., DQ, and Dflt. at the 2006 state tourney.

Well not asking for mind readers but i can sit there and tell if the kid means to " wehn he power bombs the kid or jumps in the air and drives his shopulder into the kid as they hit the ground . and i wans't talking about the kid having the right to continue the kid that got slammed shoould have the right to say i know it wasn't a purpose slam it was somewhat my fault if forfeiting the mtach to him cause i can't go on. Injury default. Cause there are kids that fake hurt two three hours later are running around or out the the mat showing his best friend this cool new move he just saw.

the kid that got slammed shoould have the right to say i know it wasn't a purpose slam it was somewhat my fault if forfeiting the mtach to him cause i can't go on. Injury default. .

A wrestler can still do this. I have seen it done. All the coach/wrestler has to do is start the clock for one second and stop the clock then forfeit.

Cause there are kids that fake hurt two three hours later are running around or out the the mat showing his best friend this cool new move he just saw.
An injury at the time of the match is a lot different than an injury 3 or 4 hours later.

I counte your arguement with this. Why should the injured wrestler have to forfiet his match' date=' even if he was losing, because his opponent slammed him or performed an illegal move.

The rule is in place to protect wrestlers. Much like Ranger said, if you can't handle the wrestler when you pick him up don't pick him up.

Fortunately for me I have never been in either situation. When I picked someone up I knew the rules and broght them to the mat saftley. I also know that I as a wrestler would not have wanted a win that way, but you have to remember these are [b']kids they cannot make a decision like that. Their coach is the one responsible, or doctor when available.

I was illegally slamed in a match and hurt my shoulder jan 14 like an idiot i continued i could not use the shoulder the rest of the match two days later it still hurt i went to the hospital then went to an orthpedic surgen and I missed the rest of the season I felt like it was my fault even now i feel like its my fault i got hurt i put my self in the position to get slammed.

As for the mike murray incident, well the guy he slammed, Calvin Johnson of Christian County, had had two concussions during the season. The call was the doctors, not ours, that's why Calvin placed 6th that year, he was not allowed to wrestle another match. What would you have had us do, allow a woosy wrestler to continue, so the guy who caused the injury could continue? Murray, as all wrestlers know, it's their resposibility to return their opponent safely to the mat. What was truly upsetting was that after his DQ both Murray and his brother kicked trash cans, trashed other teams signs, and one of them was expelled from the gym for the day, & yet rather than being kicked completely out of the tournament he was allowed to wrestle the next day.

ok well everyone i just running around with their blind mask on no reading and comperhending what i am saying yes kids do know the rules but there are some insedents where kids wiggly and fall and because that kid wiggs out i lose a state title , i was showing that there needs to be a more distinct means for a illegal slam. I mean i could just go of and say that everyone that gets slammed and can't go on are sissys because Girls college wrestling you can slam are hard as you want you dont have to have control throw them as hard as you want to and we are guys and cant take it. But i aint i'm jsut showing that it needs to be payed alittle bit more attention to.

If you pick the guy up in the air, you should be man enough to be able to control him if he gets all wiggly. Not doing it all caught up in the moment and giddy.

Your dreams of a state title are nothing compared to giving a guy a concussion or worse.

first the comment about dreams beign ruined was meant for the Mike Murrays match if you recall. Second was in the right city right time just a bad call from the ref. Point of my comment was that a slam should be specified as " if a kid has purposely slams his kid with intention to hurt his opponent" and in that cause why would a winning wrestler want to do that . The rule as it stands gives kids that are getting beat the chance to flip and flop in the air land a little hard and win the match cause he didnt want to continue because he knows ne aint going to win so why not screw the other guy. And honestly i cant stand the situation because if the rule stands as it is now the the ref should be more strick and i believe the wrestler that got slammed show have the say so to say "hey he didnt mean to let him continue cause accidents happen and its manly the other wrestlers fault that he lands hard or the wrong way. Sorry that you must have got slammed and this happen to you.

AH-MEN! :!: 8) :lol: :!:

If you pick the guy up in the air' date=' you should be man enough to be able to control him if he gets all wiggly. Not doing it all caught up in the moment and giddy.

Your dreams of a state title are nothing compared to giving a guy a concussion or worse.[/quote']

I agree, we have coached this to our kids before, dont pick them up unless you have to or unless you know without a doubt that you can control his return to the mat.

Getting DQ'd sucks for whatever reason but slams are almost always avoidable. Once you lift your opponent off the mat you open yourself up to the opinion by the ref and the wrestler as to intent and injury, chances that are better off not taken.