27 members have voted

1. 1. who wil win state at 215

• Chaney FC
    • Embree LAR
    • Dockery SEN
    • Roe Mc
    • Chaffin SC

Guest DAWG6
I think the quality of wrestling will be down next year in the upper weights with a lot of the graduating seniors out.
:roll:

Everyone always says that about all the weight classes; :roll: but, some young guns comes along and surprizes everyone. :shock:

Their are plenty of quality young wrestlers in the system just waiting for the opportunity :twisted: . Someone has to be a senior :wink:

Hey why isn't Billy Fuller on this poll he pinned roe at wayne county in like 30 some seconds! And only lost by 2 points to chaney in a dual which he was winning by 3. I think if byrd goes heavy then 215 will be a toss up!

He's from Campbell Co, and he missed placing by one match at 215 this year. Lost to Stone bad that match after a respectable showing against him at regions, but Stone looked impressive that match at state.

Fuller wrestled hurt most of the year and is only a sophomore (2nd year wrestler). This kid may make a lot of noise given more time. He's got good strength and is quick and explosive for a big guy.

:roll:

Everyone always says that about all the weight classes; :roll: but' date=' some young guns comes along and surprizes everyone. :shock:

Their are plenty of quality young wrestlers in the system just waiting for the opportunity :twisted: . Someone has to be a senior :wink:[/quote']

You are absolutely 100% right. I totally disagree with the guys i wrestled with long ago who think everyone was better back when they wrestled. What are the odds ? :)

Guest DAWG6

Look at this season, pick any weigh class and see if the top 8 of rangers picks or coach Coomes even made it to the medal round:

State Finals 119

1st Daniel Murner 12 South Oldham

2nd Tyler Voth 11 Paul Dunbar

3rd Issac Ervin 9 Union County

4th John Chiu 11 Seneca

5th Byran Daniels 10 Wayne County

6th Cliff Cornett 11 Henry Clay

7th Clayton Stocker 12 Anderson County

8th Caleb Wood 11 Fern Creek

KHSAA rankings Bold didn't medal

1. Tyler Voth Dunbar 11

2. Caleb Wood Fern Creek 11

3. Daniel Murner South Oldham Co 12

4. Eric Warner Oldham Co 12

5. Darwin Perez Larue Co 11

6. John Smith Woodford Co 12

7. Justin Pitcher John Hardin 10

8. John Chiu Seneca 10

9. Nick Norwood St Xavier 11

10. Isaac Ervin Union Co 9

11. Clayton Stocker Anderson Co 12

12. Bryan Daniels Wayne Co 10

13. Dusty Brown Simon Kenton 9

14. Kendrick Jones Ballard 11

Rangers: Bold didn't medal

PD Tyler Voth 11

FC Caleb Wood 11

SO Daniel Murner 12

Un Co Isaac Ervin

Lar Co Darwin Perez 11

Wood Co John Smith 12

Old Co Eric Warner 12

JH Justin Pitcher 10

Sen John Chui 11

And Co Clayton Stocker 12

Way Co Bryan Daniels 10

Cald Co Tanner Leach 12

St X Nick Norwood 11

PRP Corey Mills 10

JC Ryan Greene

Hop Brian Toliver 12

CH Ross Engle 10

Mc Cen Derek Corder 10

Bal Kendrick Jones 11

HC Cliff Cornett 11

Laf Nathan Speck

SK Dusty Brown 9

Cam Co Taion Deinlein 10

Bou Co JP Rivera 9

Sou Wes Corbin 12

Scott Ethan Miller

NH John King 11

Tri Kenny Watkins 10

Whit Co Joey Caddell

Guest DAWG6
So what are you saying?

The rankings are great to talk about.

But, when it comes to on the MAT they don't mean a think :wink:

Ranger, you have done a great job posting ranking of the top kids, and I am not impling you should stop. With out them none of us would even be on the site.

Its like playing the lottery, if you can pick the top eight right. top 1-4th and bottom 5th -8th

Chaney beat fuller when he was at 189 and fuller was at 215. And also you can't say that the upper weight classes are going to be weak because Chaney has beaten some good seniors such as laswell,wise and leicht. :D

You are absolutely 100% right. I totally disagree with the guys i wrestled with long ago who think everyone was better back when they wrestled. What are the odds ? :)

I hear the same things from many of the ex-wrestlers.

What they don't realize is that kids get older and better. Many of them say this because they defeated someone.

I tell them get use to it, there will be many kids that you defeated that will do extrememly well in the state toureny. I tell them guage how good you were by how many of the state champions you defeated when they were younger.

This is also what makes it very hard for some of the old guys to return and help out with their old team. They can't stand watching people they defeated doing extremely well (Some of my friends fall into this catagory). Many of them return 4-5 years after they graduate because all of there old competitors are gone.

chaffins is no one to be a force at state he would be lucky to place there is alot of guys that might wrestle 215 next year Roe,Watson,Dockery,Chaney,Terry Turner,Espinoza,Jordan white from trinty chaffins is no real show i have saw him get beat many times last year an 8th grader from wayne county beat him he will be lucky to win a match or two at state. if watson from mccreary went 215 would it change any of the votes on the poll

Don't forget about Austin Murdock of Harrison County. He wrestled HWT last year but is lower than 215. He held his own and qualified for state wrestling guys 60 pounds heavier than himself.

Chaffin has been working hard for wrestling next season. He will step up this year and possibly win or come close. He has raised hs bench nearly 25 lbs since the end of wrestling season.

The Dunbar kid pinned Nickel(Doss) and Roe(McMreary). Beat Chaffin at state duals 6-2 and lost to Chaney 6-8. So he needs to factored in somewhere.

I said Nickel would be someone to look out for i think he will place besides anything can happen any one of these guys can get hurt or any one can lose

Dunbars 215 is Hunter Eade he had a pretty bad arm injury in a match with Travis Aubrey that ended his season, up untill that point he had a decent season beating many including roe, chaffin, nickle and others, he wrestled chaney and lost by 2. He is recovering and will be back next season, he is a very strong kid look for him to make a showing next season.