Sign in to follow this  
jagray1

Woodford Co. Tourny

i'm the assistant coach at Evansville Harrison and we're new to this toruny this year..  could anyone give me some info such as the teams involved and how competitive it is. thanks

In years past it has ranged from moderately to extremely competitive.  It depends on the teams that are there which vary some from year to year.  Last year there were 3 eventual state champs at the tournament, 3 or 4 eventual state runner ups and too many eventual state placers to count. 

In years past it has ranged from moderately to extremely competitive.  It depends on the teams that are there which vary some from year to year.  Last year there were 3 eventual state champs at the tournament, 3 or 4 eventual state runner ups and too many eventual state placers to count. 

i would say it was last years closest look at state second to the dragon inv.

The WCI has fallen off a little bit in the past ten years.  It used to be far and away the most competitive tournament, like a mini-state however the Dragon and Raider Rumble have made their way to the top of the list.  I'd say the Raider Rumble takes it with Union Co, Trinity, obviously Ryle, Campbell Co, other KY schools and a few good teams from outside Kentucky.  However the WCI is still competitive and if you win it, either as an individual or team, then you have accomplished something.

I agree that it has fallen off some.  It is still a good tourny and Woodford always does a real nice job with the finals.