Sign in to follow this  
shrugster

2009-2010 high school allstar team

At state Paden lost to Fahy 14-3 in the semi finals, and Milford lost to Fahy 15-0 in the finals.

Anyone that knows anything about wrestling knows that you cannot go off from match scores to know who would be whom.  Differences in styles account for a lot.

103 - pat milford

112 - john fahy

119 - zac brown, luke troxell (gotto go with team pride on this one guys  :-D)

125 - myron bradbury over osbourne on this one close call though

130 - no good pick for me here, i dont think palmer will be 30 though, i think he'll be 119 and that puts him behind troxell and brown

135 - maybe demery if he makes weight, other pick is ervin

140 - demery or ervin, depends which one. if both in same weight ervin by far.

145 - josh johnson, if he doesnt move up and stays 140, it will be a dogfight between ervin and him.

152 - grant ohlmann, korey shotwell, and andrew wright all look good to me at this weight. once again, threw in andrew based on the team pride.

160 - jake lee?????????

171 - brad hitchings

189 - brad stafford or josh lewis. brad has the edge but not by far.

215 - tyler pace. if he gets his conditioning on track it wont be a contest.

285 - i guess ryan harlow? never know here.

oh and sorry about the aaron carr statement, didnt realize it was an all star team for next year.

Anyone that knows anything about wrestling knows that you cannot go off from match scores to know who would be whom.  Differences in styles account for a lot.

I know a lot about wrestling. And I was trying to give an example to someone. I don't know what the two of them did against each other, so I gave an example from a common opponent.

At state Paden lost to Fahy 14-3 in the semi finals, and Milford lost to Fahy 15-0 in the finals.

Paden beat Milford 1-0 last year in a dual. At that time, though, Nick didn't even weigh 103.

Paden beat Milford 1-0 last year in a dual. At that time, though, Nick didn't even weigh 103.

What was he like 105 or 106? If so, I hardly think that is very significant. How did they wrestle then?

No, nick wrestled 96 at middle school regions and State that year ('07-'08). He only weighed about 98 lbs then. They didn't meet this year though.

And don't say it is insignificant. An 8th grader who weighs about 98 lbs wrestling a sophomore who weighs every bit of 103 is a VERY significant difference.

No, nick wrestled 96 at middle school regions and State that year ('07-'08). He only weighed about 98 lbs then. They didn't meet this year though.

And don't say it is insignificant. An 8th grader who weighs about 98 lbs wrestling a sophomore who weighs every bit of 103 is a VERY significant difference.

not to mention the skill level, the sophomore has wrestled on the high school level for 2 years, the middle schooler is finishing up his last year of middle school competition. the difference between the two levels is huge. middle school is like the rec league of wrestling, if you can fit in a singlet you are prolly have a varsity spot. there is just no competition.

Everyone seems to be conceding a state title to Fahy next year but didn't he get beat at Central this past weekend??  I also think he was wrestling 125.  Not sure he will be there next year but that is where he stands now.

Everyone seems to be conceding a state title to Fahy next year but didn't he get beat at Central this past weekend??  I also think he was wrestling 125.  Not sure he will be there next year but that is where he stands now.

i didnt think he got beat. who beat him? if it is true

pat barely weighs 103 pounds now, i doubt he weighed every bit of 103 pounds his sophomore year. besides, i actually don't think that pat started wrestling until his sophomore year, at least not varsity. pats freshman year(three years ago) jon voth wrestled 112, and dunbar didn't have a 103 pounder. so the other statement about pat having more experience at the highschool level is also nullified, because it was pats first year.

John did wrestle 125 at Central H.S. this weekend but no body beat him

wow myronB, you comment like you are on his team or something and actually know...jeez. why dont you leave the commenting up to people like newfan13 that actually watched him get beaten.

You can almost never guess weight off of an offseason tourney. Like I talked to Keaton Thomas from Union he was wrestling at 135 and he told me he was going 119 next year (my pick to win the region). your 112s and 119s are usually in the 30s in the offseason. Unless you're me who actually cuts weight for these things

wow myronB, you comment like you are on his team or something and actually know...jeez. why dont you leave the commenting up to people like newfan13 that actually watched him get beaten.

newfan13 never said he watched him get beat. he said "didn't he get beat this past weekend?" note the question mark

newfan13 never said he watched him get beat. he said "didn't he get beat this past weekend?" note the question mark

ZING

103-pat milford

112-nick paden

119-john fahy

125-myron bradbury

130-terrence demery

135-caleb ervin

140-josh johnson or Alex Henderson

145-grant ohlmann

152-Lofton Wright

160-Cameron Broussard

171-brad hitchings

189-brad stafford

215-tyler pace

285-Ryan Harlow

Personally, i think logsdon would beat bradbury, but until someone other than Jarvis Elam proves they can beat Myron, we can't assume anything.

103-pat milford

112-nick paden

119-john fahy

125-myron bradbury

130-terrence demery

135-caleb ervin

140-josh johnson or Alex Henderson

145-grant ohlmann

152-Lofton Wright

160-Cameron Broussard

171-brad hitchings

189-brad stafford

215-tyler pace

285-Ryan Harlow

how is it even a question between johnson and henderson johnson would destroy him

103- Brook Ervin

112- John Fahy

119- Myron Bradbury

125- Kevin Cooper

130- Austin Palmer

135- Caleb Ervin

140- Isaac Thomas or Josh Johnson if he goes this weight

145- Grant Oldham

152- JJ Jude

160- Connor Coyle

171- Brad Hitchings

189- Brad Stafford

215- Tyler Crow

285- Ryan Harlow

Team- Ryle or Trinity

103- Brock Ervin112- John Fahy

119- Myron Bradbury

125- Kevin Cooper130- Austin Palmer

135- Caleb Ervin

140- Isaac Thomas or Josh Johnson if he goes this weight

145- Grant Oldham

152- JJ Jude

160- Connor Coyle

171- Brad Hitchings

189- Brad Stafford

215- Tyler Crow

285- Ryan Harlow

Team- Ryle or Trinity

I have issues with those two picks. Brock isnt even gonna win Region 1, with Wade Willen and David Sahms both ahead of him.

Less issue with Kevin Cooper, but I think Myron Bradubry and/or Michael Osborne are going 125 and are returning State Finalists

I have issues with those two picks. Brock isnt even gonna win Region 1, with Wade Willen and David Sahms both ahead of him.

Less issue with Kevin Cooper, but I think Myron Bradubry and/or Michael Osborne are going 125 and are returning State Finalists

I hear that Brock is going to a private middle school, so he won't be wrestling varsity this year.  However, if he did, he would be a handful for whoever is in the region, and should beat Sahms.  And look out for Keaton Thomas at 119.  He will give Bradbury all he can handle.

I hear that Brock is going to a private middle school, so he won't be wrestling varsity this year.  However, if he did, he would be a handful for whoever is in the region, and should beat Sahms.  And look out for Keaton Thomas at 119.  He will give Bradbury all he can handle.

David Sahms weighed around 95 pounds last year, and only just now is weighing around 105-108. Brock from my understanding weighs around the 80s maybe mid-90s. And I honestly feel David's technique is on par with Brock's

Ive heard alot of mixed reviews about Keaton. But if he is good I cant wait to wrestle him