Sign in to follow this  
CoachSmith

Team Kentucky

I was at the practice Sunday! We were missing the Vanover Boys, due to transportation issues! Other than that, all I can say is,  it was an awesome practice. All the boys looked sharp and wrestled with great intensity during the live wrestling! I'm excited to see how well they all do in Illinois!

I heard it was an awesome practice too! I'm curious as too how this team will stack up against teams in the past. I know with kids like Wedding, Ervin, Lampe, Cooper, Jones, Brummett, and the Vanover brothers this team looks really really good

I almost enjoyed the practice Sunday as much as I did watching them all at State! Lampe, Fuaze, Brown, & B. Ervin were really battling at practice! It was great watching them all push each other!

Team Members:

Derek Wiley, Trae Blackwell, Brock Ervin, Sean Fausz, Justin Lampe, Clay Brown, Logan Wedding, Wade Willen, Wade Holtsclaw, Jayce Carr, Kevin Cooper, Lane Jones, Bobby Bryant, Kenneth Brummet, Matt Hall, Sam Preston, Austin Piper, Soloman Vanover, Samuel Vanover and Cody Helms

Coaches: Efren Quirino and Tim Ervin

MS National Duals March 27th, 28th and 29th in Danville, IL

how do all those dang people that arnt state champs going wow this state is so messed up go to indiana where the state champs get asked first like me i should have wrestled dereck of u should at least give me a chance but thats ok this was just screwed up and trea blackwell cmon guys he didnt even get 2nd wow thats why kentucky wrestling will never be good cause the people that need to be representing the state arnt wrestling ull will get smoked again

i meant off at the begining

and its not that i have nothing against dereck he is one of my friends and such a nice kid but i bet if u ask him or his dad they would let me wrestle

the only reason this make me furious is because every single week i went to ohio and indiana i go to nationals every year in iowa cause i want to get the state better and represent them i dont know anybody beside maybe the fahys that have traveld more then me and ur gonna try and tell me that i cant try out first of it shouldnt be try out but anyway at least give me a chance thats all im asking even if dereck does beat me i will be satisfied u all let me try i mean i did win state and some of the people on this stupid team didnt even get 2 maybe not even third but ur not asking the state champ i mean i was looking forward to this and i just get thrown out now thats not right and its pretty bad when people laugh when i go out of state and say before i wrestle that ky sucks u know it used to make me mad but now i see what there talking bout cause when our team goes to nationals we get the crap beat out of us thats once again cause we have 3 and 4 place guys wrestling now thats on the coaches but im asking 4 a chance to at least wrestle him off

how do all those dang people that arnt state champs going wow this state is so messed up go to indiana where the state champs get asked first like me i should have wrestled dereck of u should at least give me a chance but thats ok this was just screwed up and trea blackwell cmon guys he didnt even get 2nd wow thats why kentucky wrestling will never be good cause the people that need to be representing the state arnt wrestling ull will get smoked again

AJ,

I agree we need to send our best wrestlers to represent our state.

Is it possible some of the kids can't get back down to weight and they can't beat the kid in the higher weight class so they have to sit out :?

I'm quite sure Blackwell would be glad to wrestle off.  He is wrestling at 80 lbs., a weight where Kentucky didn't have a state champ.  In my opinion he's the best there is at 80 lbs.  And I would think we all need to support Team Kentucky and the coaches, regardless of who is representing our state.

Sorry team Ky,AJ was way out of line to say something about the kids representing our state.This was something personal and the team had nothing to do with it.The kids don't pick the team.But he had a point if there is no 80 and Blackwell got a chance there also is no 70.I guess if the Fern Creek coaches were coaching the team and they didn't ask Lampey what would be said ? I think you could figure it out(Lampey goes from FC to RC and AJ goes from RC to FC).He will never wrestle for team Kentucky,so he says.What can I say he seems to have made the right decision to change teams.Good luck Team KY

AJ...there's a lot of kids who would love to be a part of Team Kentucky who also believe they could do well.  I will tell you the difference between 70 and 75 or 80lbs is a huge difference.  Keep up the hard work, you'll be there soon enough, but don't disrespect the boys who will be representing Team Kentucky this year.

Binder if you want to go public with your situation at rivercity thats your decision but you leave me and my sons out of it.I have a good relationship with the ferncreek coaches and so does my son.We welcome them to train with us on our mat even though they are going to try to beat us at tournaments.We went to rivercity because they and st.x were the future of my oldest son and I was keeping my sons workouts in the same gym.I had no problems with the ferncreek coaches and only changed teams because it made my job as a parent easier having all my sons workout at the same location.Now if you want to tell your personal business go ahead but dont try to compare our changing teams to yours because we both know your reason for changing teams is different than ours.I am pesonally insulted that you would try to drag Justin into problem with coach Q.. Jeff Lampe

Wow...I was just curious as to how the team was shaping up, I didn't think that there would be anything else discussed on this topic other than people offering positive support. It is Team Kentucky. No one should come on here and bash any one kid who has worked his tail off and made a spot on the roster.

If Fern Creek's coaches were involved and they didn't invite the 89 pound state champ to represent them then that is their fault for being idiots. Lampe won his state title and because of that he is the 90 pounder on the teams lineup. Bottom line.

Believe me I think Binder is tough as nails and if there was a 70 spot on the roster he would do really well. I'm not on here to put him down in any sense but even if you were to wrestle of Wiley or Blackwell there sheer size would do you in. I watched Binder's match with Wiley at Mt. St. Joes and although he is tough as nails, Derek's size, strength, speed, and athleticism was just too much. And talking with his dad after the first practice for Team Kentucky, Derek didn't even win one match at practice against Blackwell and who ever else he wrestled against. No way does Binder beat anyone there to make the line up. I'm sorry but that is the truth.

All everyone on this site and everyone involved with Team Kentucky can ask is that the whole state show an ample amount of support for the team and wish them the best in their quest for gold.

no no im sorry i let out my anger on the wrong people i have nothing against any wrestlers on that team and i never said wrestle off black well now did I no i said wrestle dereck i mean da blackwell would beat me and i aggre all these guys are good and i guess i said it wrong the reason i am mad is because there was a coaching change of team kentucky this year that was not a good one cause i talked to jay yenter at state he said if they didnt at least call me and give me a chance they will get that coach problem fixed 4 next year but u know what even if i do win state next yeAR and down on the road forget team kentucky cause im not going to wrestle this is pathetic i will be emailing jay yenter about this and {nothing against wiley} me and him are very good friends we wrestled a take down touny and he won 9-5 but if u remembered there was one time i had him on his back so... thaTs not the point like i said i dont care if i lose but if i dont get a chance i know its cause the coach.. ANd how u gonna tell me bout wrestling under weight believe me ive done this for years i mean i started 70 in like 2nd grade i was 50 pounds they gave me a chance

Jeff.I am sure you had your reasons for leaving Fern Creek,so does everyone else that changes team.But I didn' have anything to with AJs decision it was all his.I made him wait as long as possible to make it, hoping he might change his mind.I am the first to tell him when he is wrong but I will also defend him when he is right.He was DEAD WRONG to get on here and vent his anger(and he will not post on this site again).But he was told by the president if he signed up to wrestle for team KY he would have a chance,thats all he wanted.Do I think he would have beat Wiley-NO.The weight is to much a factor with good wrestlers.I had already stated I didn't want him to even try to wrestle for team KY because I know some of the kids that will be wrestling for Ind.and he is not ready for them.What do you tell a kid that wants to try and take on somebody your 99% sure they cant beat ? Will I tell mine the truth that if he has the guts to give it a try,then go for it.  I did not try to get on here .and slam Rivercity.I have never said anything but good things about their program.But the reason I said he made the right decision about changing teams is, I don't want him wrestling for someone that would hold such a grudge against an 11 yr old boy.I know for a fact and so do you there  are some ill feelings toward him from the RC coaches or coach.Your name was just an example I could have used many others,there should never be any hard feelings because a kid changes teams like you said everyone has their reasons and it is really no big deal.

I would like to start off with my apologies to anyone AJ or Myself might have offended.After a long talk with Coach Q from rivercity I feel like there was some misunderstandings for AJ not being asked to try out for Team Ky.He is not the only person making these decisions and state champs are only given first preference.After weeks of waiting for a phone call,that never came, and AJ telling me he was told by the President of middle school wrestling he would have a chance for a spot on the team,we came to the conclusion it must be that Coach Q.is holding a grudge for AJ changing teams.After talking with Coach Q. I no longer believe that was the case.I did tell AJ after I seen the line-up had been set for the KY team he must be right and Coach Q.was still upset with him.I thought he had earned a chance,even if I didn't want him to do it,to wrestle.But,I never would have allowed him to vent his anger on this site but unfortunately I had to read it at work.So I tried to clean his mess up but at the same time I could not say I disagreed for him being upset because I could relate.It all could have been avoided with a phone call from myself or Coach Q.I just want to say I have a lot of respect for the program Coach Q is running and I hope Team KY goes and kicks some butt.And 1 last very important thing,I know a lot of parents and coaches talk to AJ and say he is like talking to an adult,but remember he is 11 and he tells everything he hears and sometimes it gets turned around.So you might say something is red and by the time he gets back to telling me its green.If it is something important please come and talk to me and not him. Thanks Andy Bindner

Coach Smith

I question the "Coach" part of your name. Most "coaches" would never call anyone an idiot. But since you obviously don't have your facts straight I would have to consider the source! Fern Creek coaches have a mutual respect for the River City program and coaches. Coach Q invites our kids over for practice together and we share wrestling techniques and practice drills. The Lampe's are personal friends of mine and anyone that knows anything about wrestling will acknowledge the Lampe boys (John, Justin, and Dominic) have all earned their respect in wrestling.

Team Kentucky has some of the best coaches in the state guiding some of the best wrestlers. I am anxious to see how well we do this year. We are definitely building a strong wrestling presence that we should all be proud of in the future.

Greg Miller