maddog33

what refs to want at region and state

that post has nothing to do with what moves are illegal, and which ones arent. so if that was meant to prove mine wrong, sorry im sticking by my earlier post.

You can go to the link below and get a rule book, it covers KY,IN and OH and does tell you what moves are legal and illegal. Same book for all three states w/mod for IN (not dealing with what happens on the mat).

Get the rule book, go to IN & OH and see if it's the same book. (or save gas and don't open your mouth when you don't know what your talking about) :-D

http://www.nfhs.org/

KHSAA RULES AND REGULATIONS

Governing Wrestling Tournaments

VII) Rules  The National Federation of State High School Association Rules

will be used at all tournaments

sorry gsp that apparently what i learned at the wrestling camp i attended was wrong, maybe you shouldnt make stipulations on what i did and did not learn and what i should and shouldnt comment on. but thanks for your input, and the information you have brought to the table. cant imagine why my instructors would lie to my entire team though. you have any idea why?

sorry gsp that apparently what i learned at the wrestling camp i attended was wrong, maybe you shouldnt make stipulations on what i did and did not learn and what i should and shouldnt comment on. but thanks for your input, and the information you have brought to the table. cant imagine why my instructors would lie to my entire team though. you have any idea why?

I could say a few things now, but I will just say this. As you go through life alot of people will tell you things but before you take their word to task, do your homework and know what you talking about. Not he said, she said, or my friend said, it will keep you from looking dumb. :-o

well gsp, i took time out of my night and followed the link you issued me, but i cant seem to find a section dedicated, just to illegal moves. would you be willing to find this section for me, cause the only illegal move i saw, was the backflip. and i may appear dumb right now, and not know my rules, but im pretty sure thats not the only illegal move in wrestling.

well gsp, i took time out of my night and followed the link you issued me, but i cant seem to find a section dedicated, just to illegal moves. would you be willing to find this section for me, cause the only illegal move i saw, was the backflip. and i may appear dumb right now, and not know my rules, but im pretty sure thats not the only illegal move in wrestling.

It's about the $, you have to spend $6.95 to get the nfhs wrestling rule book (the same as your Coach should have). OH, IN and KY HS web sites just say they follow the NFHS rules. Same book, same rules on the mat.

http://www.nfhs.com/index.asp?cmd=showcategory&param_0=75

omg tc125 said he went to a camp in illinois and you all are arguing about indiana and ohio and kentucky you said the bananna split is illegal in illinois and that stalling was in ohio if you stepped back correct? so you both are arguing over nothin

omg tc125 said he went to a camp in illinois and you all are arguing about indiana and ohio and kentucky you said the bananna split is illegal in illinois and that stalling was in ohio if you stepped back correct? so you both are arguing over nothin

The way I read tc125, he said he went to a camp in Il and a teammate at camp used banana split in IN where it was illegal. And he also talks about OH rules, I was just saying that the rules for KY,IN, IN are the same the NFHSA Rules. And he was wrong about the  banana split & if your first move off the whistle is a step back, you are hit for stalling right there compared to KY. So you might say it's about nothing, but he is wrong.

actually some states rules on wrestling are different and a lot of the paces are different. such as in indiana, the banana split is illegal, even if done slowly and controlled. i know this because i went to camp in illinois this pst summer, and one of my teamates used this move in a match, and he got called for it.

about the paces being different, i know that in ohio, if your first move off the whistle is a step back, you are hit for stalling right there. has this ever been the case in kentucky?

well gsp it appears i made a fatal error in my first post, that led to my downfall. i went to camp in illinois, and at camp, during a match, in illinois, the banana split was deemed illegal by the ref of the match. seems we are argueing over two different places. and it was completely my fault.

well gsp it appears i made a fatal error in my first post, that led to my downfall. i went to camp in illinois, and at camp, during a match, in illinois, the banana split was deemed illegal by the ref of the match. seems we are argueing over two different places. and it was completely my fault.

Not sure where you get the banana split being illegal.

I bet it was ruled Potentially Dangerous, page 21:http://matref0.tripod.com/Articles/NFHS_Rules_Photos.pdf

Seems that IL uses the same rules (National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Wrestling Rules)

http://www.ihsa.org/activity/wr/2008-09/t-and-cs.pdf

Page 4

VIII. TOURNAMENT RULES

A. The official 2008-09 National

Federation Wrestling Rules shall be in effect for all tournaments.

As far as your earlier remark, "i wouldnt want that because they would ref completely different than the refs in our state had reffed all year. many calls would be different, besides certain states have different rules." Not sure what other states you are talking about, see below.

The National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) is the body that writes the rules of competition for most high school sports and activities in the United States. Most high schools, whether public or private, belong to their state's high school association; in turn, each state association belongs to the NFHS

The NFHS publishes rules books for each sport or activity, and most states adopt those rules wholly for state high school competition.

Member associations

* Alabama High School Athletic Association [1]

* Alaska School Activities Association [2]

* Arizona Interscholastic Association [3]

* Arkansas Activities Association [4]

* California Interscholastic Federation [5]

* Colorado High School Activities Association [6]

* Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference [7]

* Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association [8]

* District of Columbia Interscholastic Athletic Association

* Florida High School Athletic Association [9]

* Georgia High School Association [10]

* Hawaii High School Athletic Association [11]

* Idaho High School Activities Association [12]

* Illinois High School Association [13]

* Indiana High School Athletic Association [14]

* Iowa High School Athletic Association [15]

* Kansas State High School Activities Association [16]

* Kentucky High School Athletic Association [17]

* Louisiana High School Athletic Association [18]

* Maine Principals' Association [19]

* Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association [20]

* Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association [21]

* Michigan High School Athletic Association [22]

* Minnesota State High School League [23]

* Mississippi High School Activities Association [24]

* Missouri State High School Activities Association [25]

* Montana High School Association [26]

* Nebraska School Activities Association [27]

* Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association [28]

* New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association [29]

* New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association [30]

* New Mexico Activities Association [31]

* New York State Public High School Athletic Association [32]

* North Carolina High School Athletic Association [33]

* North Dakota High School Activities Association [34]

* Ohio High School Athletic Association [35]

* Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association[36]

* Oregon School Activities Association [37]

* Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association [38]

* Rhode Island Interscholastic League [39]

* South Carolina High School League [40]

* South Dakota High School Activities Association [41]

* Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association [42]

* University Interscholastic League (Texas) [43]

* Utah High School Activities Association [44]

* Vermont Principals' Association[45]

* Virginia High School League [46]

* Washington Interscholastic Activities Association [47]

* West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission [48]

* Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association [49]

* Wyoming High School Activities Association [50]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Federation_of_State_High_School_Associations

gsp, i told you in my post, the ref of the match at camp, deemed the move illegal. it doesnt really matter though, cause even if we do get refs from out of statem i doubt they would come from illinois, meaning they would come from a surrounding state, and you have said several times most of the surrounding states use the same rule book.

i wouldnt want that because they would ref completely different than the refs in our state had reffed all year. many calls would be different, besides certain states have different rules.

No offense to the officials in this state, but don't our refs do that same thing?  How many times do you honestly see stalling called in the regular season & then you get to state and stalling is called like crazy often times.  A couple of years ago, I think I saw "unnecessary roughness" called twice the whole year and then at state, I saw it called two times in one match and another 5 or 6 times that I can recall.  That's just the matches I was watching and obviously with 4 mats going at once, you can't watch all the action.

Also, unless things have changed in the last 10 years as far as the Indiana rules are concerned, the banana split is a legal move.  I got to watch one of my teammates make a kid actually groan out loud when he did it to him.  Looked real painful too.  No potentially dangerous call and the match wasn't stopped.

i thought he said it was deemed a illegal at the camp he went to in illinois not indiana. unless i miss read the post

Not sure what he is talking about because the rules are the same, that's my point. He doesn't know what he is talking about. As with other threads, he just likes to talk.

I didn't read all the posts, but will chime in on my understanding of the b-splits.

I know in Ohio you can't split them straight apart, it has to be more of a scissor split (i.e. inside leg up towards the stomach/head).

That is how I have always understood the rule/interpretation.  This would have probably been the refs call in Illinois.

yes and as i did so everyone else be the judge who won the argument vote now

if you vote for kasey hedges (see i spelled it right tcwrestler)  put the devil :evil:

if mygsp won put the fro  :mrgreen: