Sign in to follow this  
CoachF

KY MS Outstanding Champions (Multiple State Titles)

Congratulations to the following new additions to the all-time list of KY Middle School Outstanding Champions.  5 new wrestlers make the 2-timer list plus one more moving up to the 3-timer list!!  Several other champs from this year will be added to this list in future years!

Three Timers

Logan Wedding (07, 08, 09)

Two Timers

Kenneth Brummett (08, 09)

Kevin Cooper (08, 09)

Brock Ervin (08, 09)

Matt Fahy (06, 09)

Samuel Vanover (08, 09)

Several of the lower weight kids are contenders.  Brock Ervin, Matt Fahy, Justin Lampe, (all 7th graders) Derrek Wiley (6th grade ? not sure), and AJ Binder are all possibilities for adding more titles.  Binder is a 5th grader I believe so he could have a long run.

Matt Fahy (06, 09)

Matt Fahy (all 7th graders)
If the above statements are true than Matt Fahy won MS state as a 4th grader?  That's unreal.  Who beat him in '07 and '08?

Full list now updated on KYSWA.  Interesting to see the number of multiple middle school champs who went on to very successful high school careers.

http://www.kyswa.org/Home/OutstandingChampions/tabid/89/Default.aspx

Yes, that is interesting.  I have actually studied this a little.  If you only look at the multiple timers through 2004, there is a 50/50 shot at them becoming a high school state champ.  It would be much higher, but a few of the kids had personal issues before they were able to realize their full potential.  After another year or so, when we give Bradbury, Fahy, Hitchings, Kelly, Carr, C. Ervin, and others their time I'm sure that % will be much higher.  Also, looking up through about 2007, middle school state champs have about a 20% likelihood of winning a high school state championship and about 1-in-3 make the state finals.