• Region 1
    • Region 2
    • Region 3
    • Region 4
    • Region 5
    • Region 6
    • Region 7
    • Region 8

Without a doubt, region 7 is by far the toughest region out there.8-) There is no question about it, just look at the ranking of the wrestlers in region 7.

ok maybe not smash. but i think region 7 is deeper than a lot of other regions. more schools are stronger all around, we dont have a completely dominate team in our region. arguably woodford is, but thats starting to change, and it's not because their program is going downhill, it's because other programs are starting to step it up. look at bryan station for example, they used to not even attend the regional tournament. now in the last couple years they have had a few wrestlers almost win it. bourbon county is another team that has come back, and with a strong youth program, they arent exactly weak all around.

Without a doubt, region 7 is by far the toughest region out there.8-) There is no question about it, just look at the ranking of the wrestlers in region 7.

Actually, if you look at the rankings of the wrestlers it will show you that region 6 is, no question about it. Check out region rankings at the bottom. Not to say that region 6 is necessarily the toughest just because the rankings say so (although I think it is) but if you're gonna go by rankings then you've got to accept the numbers...!

Its down to Region 6 or 7 (although in previous yrs Regions 1 and 2 have made cases for the best).

Both are top heavy w/ Ryle and Woodford being the top dogs. Next is TC, Harrison, Henry Clay, Lafayette and Franklin Co. for region 7 and Campbell county, Scott, Simon Kenton and Conner for region 6

Ryle is better than Woodford and Campell is better than TC (imo) but after that I say the pendulum swings towards Region 7 w/ teams like HC, Harrison and Lafayette all being stronger than their region 6 counterparts of Simon Kenton, Scott and Conner.

Too close to call just judgin by the top half.

So lets compare the bottom teams (no particular order):

Holmes, Dixie, Bishop brossert, cooper, Newport, Boone County

VS.

Western Hills, Bryan Station, Montgomery Co., Bourbon Co., Madison Central

These are just as tough to compare and equate but I give the edge to Region 7....by a hair.

If we're talking which region is gonna put up the most points at state I'll stick with region 6. If we're talking about dual team strength from top to bottom, I'm not sure. I think that both Ryle and Campbell are better than Woodford and any other region 7 team, but there's a drop off from those two teams to SK and Cooper, then a very large drop off for all of the other teams. I could be wrong, but I don't recall any of the other region 6 teams even having full teams.

yes region six has TWO very tough teams, but look at the rest. i'm going by the best region as far as depth, what region has teams that are all ok, not just one or two standout teams. region 7 has its share out standout teams yeah, but the rest of the teams arent terrible.