Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2008/2009 - FEB 4

your jv gives your varsity that big of a run for their money? WOW what school are you from again?

Some of the JV do give the varsity a run for their $, not all. You don't win matches at a dual or tournament on the mat, you win them at practice. By working hard and going against someone better then you.

Some of the JV do give the varsity a run for their $, not all. You don't win matches at a dual or tournament on the mat, you win them at practice. By working hard and going against someone better then you.

so what team are you from?

Well TC125 I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree or MAYBE. Let's do it like knothole baseball.  Sign all the kids up because how would it be fair for a coach to choose just one or two studs from the jv lineup. Better yet we only have about fourteen hundred little Johnnies who wrestle in the state of Kentucky and we don't want to disappoint sooooo lets bring everyone up to northern Kentucky.  The university has a beautiful new arena and we can host a tournament for everyone who came out to at least one practice this year.  Everyone can say that they qualified for state and we can give participation medals.  Of course we will give 6 inch medals for the top 25 in each weight class.  We can then postpone until after high school graduation what goes on in the real world.  Hmmmm.  I think I might need to start smoking a pipe.  Now don't we all feel much better about ourselves and the world?   Who needs a hug?  :lol:

Holy crap... I think i'm in man love with you.  Just because a kid wants to wrestle it doesn't make him a wrestler!  Either get better and become a varsity wrestler or go play a sport that doesn't require talent, like football!  Come on now.. that was funny.

correct me if I am wrong. I believe Michigan allows teams to bring 14 wrestlers to the district tournament. With the option of bringing two wrestlers at the same weight class.

Seems thing have changed since I wrestled there:

Individual District General Procedures - A minimum of three mats must be used, and four mats are

recommended for conducting the Individual District. If three mats are used, four officials shall be

contracted; if four mats are used, five officials shall be contracted.

For a wrestler to be eligible as one of the 14 school entries at the Individual District Tournament, a

wrestler must have a varsity record (win, loss, forfeit). If a wrestler competes at a weight class for the first

time at the Individual District, the wrestler would be required to make scratch weight.

Each school is allowed to enter fourteen (14) wrestlers into the Individual District tournament with no

more than two (2) wrestlers being entered in any one weight class.

For the Individual District tournament, the list of entries and the Individual Season Summary forms must

be in the hands of the Individual District manager by the start of the entry and seeding meeting on Friday,

February 20. Coaches may hand deliver these forms or send them in advance of the Friday meeting. No

seeding consideration shall be given to any wrestler that does not have an Individual Season Summary

form properly turned in.

http://www.mhsaa.com/sports/wrst/09PSTI.pdf

i agree 100% cept there are someteams who have kids who are complete garbage (cough cough) and they dont have enough interest in the sport to get good kids out or to even have wrestle offs.. i know we would love to even be able to have more then like 1 wrestle off. i just want more kids