Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmccoy

KWCA State Duals are Cancelled

Thank God for hardcore people out there like myself. Pioneer pride is exactly right. If the host is good to go, lets wrestle. I don't want to hear anymore crap about people out of power. I am out of power. I still would have made the trip if my team was in the "STATE DUALS TOURNAMENT". And how can anyone say that STATE DUALS is just another tournament. It is exclusively comprised of the 2 best teams from each region, unless such team is unable to attend. When the tournament is completed the winning team gets a trophy that reads, "STATE CHAMPIONS". Not WCI, or Dragon, or some other tournament name. And for some schools like Meade, Nelson, Simon Kenton, and Tates Creek who are either new or improving, STATE DUALS is a huge accomplishment. So please do not discredit this STATE competition. And for the other tournaments on the same weekend, I say wrestle on as well.

How do we advance wrestling in KY? It needs to be more like college because college is the next step, correct? Do you think NCAA National Duals is just another tourney? I bet Iowa, Minnesota, Oklahoma St. and others would strongly disagree. Just the same as past STATE DUALS champions would disagree.

Bigbossman, you got to set me up with one of your solar powered computers. When my power went out, I lost my computer, lol.

The computer is running on RAGE. :-D

bigbossman;

I am one of those past champions, and I believe that it is just another tournament.  

It is one of the better tournaments held in KY, and it allows the participants the chance to see the other districts that they may not see otherwise.  However it is just another tournament.  

I would venture to guess that if Campbell, Simon Kenton or Ryle would have won the GMVA (I think that was the name) and won the state duals they would be more proud of winning the GMVA.  

I think we saw how important Ryle took the Ky state Duals this year.  They choose to send their best team to an Ohio tournament instead of the qualifier to the Ky State Duals. I applaude them for the courage to do this.

In the past many teams have declined the invitation to the State Duals.

Its a great tournament but not an important tournament.  Remember wrestling is an individual sport, or as some classify it, a group sport, not a team sport.  This is what makes wrestling so great and makes so many people passionate about it.  Wrestling becomes a life-style, because of its individuality.  Football, baseball, basketball players do not take it as passionate as wrestlers and their fans do.