Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2008/2009 - JAN 28

wci?? you are looking that over, plus woodford was with out some of there wrestlers at dragon and at wci. and if 6-9 is close atleast put the team that has placed higher in a tourny TWICE in front.

Quit your complaining, rankings dont matter anyway.

wci?? you are looking that over, plus woodford was with out some of there wrestlers at dragon and at wci. and if 6-9 is close atleast put the team that has placed higher in a tourny TWICE in front.

Not the way it works.  When all of this ice and snow melts and we get to Frankfort the WCI and Dragon finishes won't matter one bit.  As a matter of fact, neither will these rankings.  But for now, I predict the team finish the way I posted it and that is that.

Not the way it works.  When all of this ice and snow melts and we get to Frankfort the WCI and Dragon finishes won't matter one bit.  As a matter of fact, neither will these rankings.  But for now, I predict the team finish the way I posted it and that is that.

Well-said, Ranger. And thanks for your work on these week after week, especially having to put up with complaints!

So you putting a team ahead of another team they've already lost to twice is just wishful thinking?  If you can't justify placing them there b/c of actual results you must be basing it on what you hope will happen.

So you putting a team ahead of another team they've already lost to twice is just wishful thinking? If you can't justify placing them there b/c of actual results you must be basing it on what you hope will happen.

First off I believe we have had this conversation before but hey I don't for sure remember. But Woodford coaches try very hard at the WCI for there wrestles to get setup in good brackets so that they may score well and place good. I also believe this is the way in most tournaments and whoever is hosting them. Just my opinion.

Now what I'm seeing is that the majority of wrestlers that John Hardin has, has the potential to place. That's the only reason I can see why Ranger would still have them up as high as they are.

"But Woodford coaches try very hard at the WCI for there wrestles to get setup in good brackets so that they may score well and place good."

This is just false. I'd like to hear one coach who is actually in the seeding meetings support this statement. And I'm not from Woodford.

"But Woodford coaches try very hard at the WCI for there wrestles to get setup in good brackets so that they may score well and place good."

This is just false. I'd like to hear one coach who is actually in the seeding meetings support this statement. And I'm not from Woodford.

My understanding is the seeding is decided by a group of coaches, not the hosts, so I'm with you granby. And I have to say, guys, if you're high school students, you need to represent the academic instruction of your school better than this:

Should be

But Woodford coaches try very hard at the WCI for their wrestlers to get set up in good brackets so that they can score well and place high.

I'm sure I'll receive lots of smites for my comment, but this use of language is atrocious.

Okay, we can go through this again.  The team rankings (not dual) are based on projected state tournament finish.  I don't care if KY school for the ignorant beat Trinity at the last 3 tournaments.  I do not adjust anything for those team finishes.  All I adjust is the individual finishes.  Now to the discussion at hand, lets look at the details.  Both have 1 predicted state champ (wash) as well as a #3 and #4.  Woodford has one other predicted placer (6th) and John Hardin has 2 (8th).  Woodford has 1 kid at 9th while John Hardin has 2.  John Hardin has 1 at #11 and Woodford has 2 at #13 and a #15.  Both have one at #17.  Woodford has 3 guys in the 20s while John Hardin has 2.  Sounds pretty close to me.  Based on the regression and statistical analysis I have done on state tournament scoring since the expansion to a 32 man bracket, my calculation has John Hardin a little ahead.  That's just the way it is.  I'm guessing non of the complainers are actually from Woodford.  Those kids are probably smart enough to know the state titles are won on the mat and not on this site.

Casey Delong of SC beat matt day of independence who beat Jordan Freeman out of last weeks WSAZ wrestling tourny...Delong of SC placed 6th when freeman did not place..i believe delong should be ranked higher than 23 in the state

Correct me if I'm wrong.  But Delong was 3rd in his region last year, behind Freeman and Kennedy of Wayne Co.  He then went 0-2 at state while Freeman went on to place 7th.  I have seen virtually no results for Sheldon Clark, except for a couple of random West Virginia newspaper posts.  I'm not saying he isn't better than #23, but I haven't seen much proof yet.  I'll give you he wrestled well at a pretty tough tournament, but that still doesn't tell me how he fares against other KY kids.

ranger you do a great job getting these rankings out every week and I know getting the results in a timely manner is probably more of a pain than what the job is worth.LOL  But keep up the outstanding work, it gives us some interesting conversation to pass the week until the next tournament

At heaveweight Harlow beat bell of wayne by 1-0!! and Dustin Burchett of sc beat both the nelson county kid and anderson co kid today at montgomery co duels!!! He got beat 6-5 by brandon bell of wayne!! maybe he should be ranked!!!

Jared here tells me that Blue (Daniel Torres) our 112 has defeated both Joe Rupp of Eastern and the Meade kid

I have seen Jeff Warra of Fairdale wrestle (112) If he is ever able to make weight, he is a state finals competitor with myron

did you know what happend to PRP. there not anywhere on the list

Prp has not shown up in some of there last few matches. Especially at there region duals, where they failed to make the top 4

Okay, we can go through this again.  The team rankings (not dual) are based on projected state tournament finish.  I don't care if KY school for the ignorant beat Trinity at the last 3 tournaments.  I do not adjust anything for those team finishes.  All I adjust is the individual finishes.  Now to the discussion at hand, lets look at the details.  Both have 1 predicted state champ (wash) as well as a #3 and #4.  Woodford has one other predicted placer (6th) and John Hardin has 2 (8th).  Woodford has 1 kid at 9th while John Hardin has 2.  John Hardin has 1 at #11 and Woodford has 2 at #13 and a #15.  Both have one at #17.  Woodford has 3 guys in the 20s while John Hardin has 2.  Sounds pretty close to me.  Based on the regression and statistical analysis I have done on state tournament scoring since the expansion to a 32 man bracket, my calculation has John Hardin a little ahead.  That's just the way it is.  I'm guessing non of the complainers are actually from Woodford.  Those kids are probably smart enough to know the state titles are won on the mat and not on this site.

ok statistically( spell check please)john hardin looks to have better wrestlers, but i guess im not seeing it clearly. do not take it wrongly ranger i think what you do is great and im not complaining, i am bringing somthing into question that maybe ranger didn't see. but what would you have done if woodford had beat john hardin every time in every tourny they wrestled in?

so were there wrestling meets saturday?

Yes Montgomery County hosted a very nice dual tournament which included themselves, Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, Wayne County, Nelson County, Anderson County, Whitley County, and Madison Central.

Johnson Central defeated Sheldon Clark in the finals 38-35

Wayne Co. defeated Anderson Co. for 3rd place.

Exciting individual match ups were:

Ryan Kelly SC defeated Tyler Pace Wayne 13-6

Ryan Harlow JC defeated Brandon Bell Wayne 1-0

Casey Delong SC defeated Matt Sullivan Wayne 5-4

Jordan Freeman JC defeated Casey Delong SC 4-3 (official awarded Freeman one point for a pushout to decide match very sad)

Tyler Grimm JC defeated Avery Ray SC 2-0 (Ray is going to suprise some people this year he is definately a sleeper)

Other individual Stand Outs:

Brad Stafford 5-0 the day pinned everyone!

Matt Slone 5-0 on the day pinned everyone in the first period!

JJ Jude 5-0 on the day looked very good!

Luke Troxell 5-0 very aggressive wrestler!

MOW 103-140 was Troxell of Wayne Co.

MOW 145-HWT was Ryan Kelly of Sheldon Clark

ok statistically( spell check please)john hardin looks to have better wrestlers, but i guess im not seeing it clearly. do not take it wrongly ranger i think what you do is great and im not complaining, i am bringing somthing into question that maybe ranger didn't see. but what would you have done if woodford had beat john hardin every time in every tourny they wrestled in?

It is close enough (in my calculations) that it shouldn't be clear.  If they were at the same tournaments every weekend of the season and Woodford finished higher every weekend I wouldn't change a thing (as long as the individual rankings were the same).  The state tournament is a completely different beast than any individual meet of the year.  The team rankings I post are based on a calculation of state tournament team points.  I would have to do something to adjust for Woodford/John Hardin which I don't think makes sense.

Okay, about Fairdale. What has gotten into the Fairdale Bulldogs. They finished 3rd in their region duals after being seeded 6th i think? Is it the coaching or is it that everybody is coming to their weightclass? I dont see how you can start the season so slow, and end up losing to southern by only 9 or 6? Let me know what you think the change is?

John Hardin was without at least 2 of their projected starters in each one of these tournaments. this can account for alot of lost points.