Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingtime

Will Union County repeat as state champs?

Hope they meet in the finals if they do wrestle.

It sucks when the best two don't get on opposite sides of the bracket.  The top two deserve their chance under the lights.

That matchup sounds a lot like Elam vs. Bradbury last year. Elam proved last year that you don't have to be the best on the mat to win a Title. Leavell looks like he has about no % body fat this year as well. Hope they meet in the finals if they do wrestle.

Actually Dee didn't have to cut any weight he weighed around 116 at most before the season started.

I know it has happened before, but let's look at it the other way.  If Trinity's #1s come through, has a team ever had 4 or 5 champs and not won the title?  I'm guessing not.  In 2006 Woodford didn't get the magic 9, but 5 winners (plus 3 other placers) and no one was close to them.

How ironic is it that you ask the question has any team every had 4 or 5 state champs and not won the team title and then Union has 4 this year and doesn't win it.

How ironic is it that you ask the question has any team every had 4 or 5 state champs and not won the team title and then Union has 4 this year and doesn't win it.

You have to admit Union stepped there game up with winning 5 out of 6 in the semis and 4 out of 5 in the finals. I love these guy's heart. Gonna miss watching Isaac, Luke, and Aaron wrestle.

You have to admit Union stepped there game up with winning 5 out of 6 in the semis and 4 out of 5 in the finals. I love these guy's heart. Gonna miss watching Isaac, Luke, and Aaron wrestle.

Yes, I was very impressed with Union.  They stepped it up and gave it all they had to defend their title.  Throw Levi Griggs in their to score points and potentially take points away from Messina and who knows what may have happened.

Also Ranger don't forget about their 112, Keaton Thomas. He is an extremely tough kid who could of scored a lot of points for Union. That was a huge hole that got left open at the end of the season. I could see him scoring at least 15-18 points for Union at state easily.

In my book union county fans are the best cheer leaders, that new cheer they have is really original. Not saying thats what matters but it was nice to hear something other than the same cheers over and over again.