Sign in to follow this  
BALL-N-CHAIN

Region 6 coaching

No Doubt Coach Bankemper...He holds three State titles in his Time at Campbell County... More then any other Region six coaches Combined...Hands down its Him..... :-o :-D

Are you kidding me?

Boy if this isn't a loaded question.  Looks like someone needs their ego stroked, or at least their teams ego.

Lets just look at the numbers.

Most Ind. state champions, probably Wayne Badida. (Has been coaching since man started walking upright)

Most team state champions Mike Bankemper. (Has been coaching since fire was discovered)

Most recent success Tim Ruschell.  (Only a teenager compared to these two)

Most successfull wrestler now coaching David Barnes (Only and infant compared to the rest)

After this it's all opinion.

No Doubt Coach Bankemper...He holds three State titles in his Time at Campbell County... More then any other Region six coaches Combined...Hands down its Him..... :-o :-D

Biased much?

Someone who wrestled for Campbell County claiming that the coach of Campbell County is the best coach in Region 6 is completely biased.

Someone who wrestled for Campbell County claiming that the coach of Campbell County is the best coach in Region 6 is completely biased.

Ok, it shouldn't matter who he wrestled for. The topic is who is the best region 6 coach is. and its Obviously Bankemper.

There are 3 coach's names mentioned on here.  Coach Badida, Bankemper, & Ruschell.  Mortal said "Bamkemper all the way".  He was then accused of being biased.  So let's look at the facts and let them speak for themselves:

Badida:

1 KHSAA State Titles

1 KHSAA Runner Up

0 State Duals Titles

0 State Duals Runner Ups

19 Individual State Champs

Bankemper:

3 KHSAA State Titles

3 KHSAA Runner Ups

2 State Duals Titles

3 State Duals Runner Ups

15 Individual State Champs

Ruschell:

0 KHSAA State Titles

2 KHSAA Runner Ups

0 State Duals Titles

1 State Duals Runner Ups

7 Individual State Champs

I can't see how anyone would argue against Coach Bankemper.  Ryle has been better recently but some of that credit has to be given to others helping build a strong program like Dave Barnes and others that helped build their feeder program.  Their feeder program has given Coach Ruschell a better team to work with for the past 5 years.  Barnes is no longer there and their feeder program is good but not nearly as dominating as they were prior to 2005.  After next year I think Campbell County & Simon Kenton will make the region interesting again. 

In addition to the normal stats, Coach Bankemper was a finalist in 2004 for national high school coach of the year.  That is amongst all coaches in all sports in the United States.  In 2004 Campbell County won state with the 2nd highest point total in KHSAA history. 

My vote goes to Coach Bankemper with Coach Ruschell catching up very quickly.

There are 3 coach's names mentioned on here.  Coach Badida, Bankemper, & Ruschell.  Mortal said "Bamkemper all the way".  He was then accused of being biased.  So let's look at the facts and let them speak for themselves:

Badida:

1 KHSAA State Titles

1 KHSAA Runner Up

0 State Duals Titles

0 State Duals Runner Ups

19 Individual State Champs

Bankemper:

3 KHSAA State Titles

3 KHSAA Runner Ups

2 State Duals Titles

3 State Duals Runner Ups

15 Individual State Champs

Ruschell:

0 KHSAA State Titles

2 KHSAA Runner Ups

0 State Duals Titles

1 State Duals Runner Ups

7 Individual State Champs

I can't see how anyone would argue against Coach Bankemper.  Ryle has been better recently but some of that credit has to be given to others helping build a strong program like Dave Barnes and others that helped build their feeder program.  Their feeder program has given Coach Ruschell a better team to work with for the past 5 years.  Barnes is no longer there and their feeder program is good but not nearly as dominating as they were prior to 2005.  After next year I think Campbell County & Simon Kenton will make the region interesting again. 

In addition to the normal stats, Coach Bankemper was a finalist in 2004 for national high school coach of the year.  That is amongst all coaches in all sports in the United States.  In 2004 Campbell County won state with the 2nd highest point total in KHSAA history. 

My vote goes to Coach Bankemper with Coach Ruschell catching up very quickly.

With a dossier like Bankemper's, it's no wonder he is also the better recruiter. Makes sense to go to the best???

you can look at the stats, he is a better coach as of now in most of the areas... i am not baised, i just give credit where it is do... Badida and ruschell are both great great coaches i just view bankemper over them... ANd Barnes will have an amazing set of stats in the years to come..

I disagree with the assessment with who's the best right now.  Even with the 'recruits",Campbell has not beat Ryle's first team in any event in two years and will not win at regional this year.  Ryle wrestles better on their feet and that is where the future of wrestling is.

I disagree with the assessment with who's the best right now.  Even with the 'recruits",Campbell has not beat Ryle's first team in any event in two years and will not win at regional this year.  Ryle wrestles better on their feet and that is where the future of wrestling is.

I believe they would have the first duals. After Nate ilg's injury that was an extra 6 points for ryle, and Ilg was beating hogben before his injury. Second John Hale could'nt wrestle due to some injury?. So i think with campbell countys full line-up. I think they would beat Ryle.