Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2008/2009 - JAN 7

yes Lenz can still go 112.  He weighed in tonight at 117.  He will wrestle 119 at Franfort and be back at 112 the 31st.

really cause i heard since he bumped up two weight classes he had to forfeit the weight class he was last at which would be 112 but i guess i was told wrong

really cause i heard since he bumped up two weight classes he had to forfeit the weight class he was last at which would be 112 but i guess i was told wrong

I don't think that rule applies anymore.  In the old days when you had to certify at a weight if you wrestled up 2 weight classes from your certification weight you were automatically certified up a weight.

I don't think that rule applies anymore.  In the old days when you had to certify at a weight if you wrestled up 2 weight classes from your certification weight you were automatically certified up a weight.

This is after Saturday of week 30.  You have to make weight by that day, if you then weigh in 2 weight classes up you forfiet the origional certification.  At 112 you can weigh in at 119 and then wrestle at 125 and keep your 112 certification.  If you weigh in at 125 you forfiet the 112 certification.  Before week 30 you are only limited by your weight decent plan.

This is after Saturday of week 30.  You have to make weight by that day, if you then weigh in 2 weight classes up you forfiet the origional certification.  At 112 you can weigh in at 119 and then wrestle at 125 and keep your 112 certification.  If you weigh in at 125 you forfiet the 112 certification.  Before week 30 you are only limited by your weight decent plan.

so this rule doesnt even apply to him, cause he weighed 117, not above 119.

i think 35 is to much

i like top 20

it gives something for kids to try for

not just yeah im ranked 34th in the state (maybe in Indiana)

34th just doesnt sound good

peronally id be mad if i was ranked 34th

Don't tempt me.  35 does 2 things.  It somewhat matches up with the number that qualify for state.  Because some regions are tougher than others not to mention upsets and injuries, the top won't all qualify.  So hopefully, when the names show up on the state tournament brackets it won't be the first time they've been in print.  I hope to capture them here first.  Second, when you see those weights with blanks (or 0s) at the end then I tend to get a few suggestions at those weights.  So it generates a little more feedback as well.  There is no reason guys shouldn't still shoot to improve and move up the rankings.  The same could be said for top 20.  Why be happy with that.  Shouldn't you at least shoot to get on the podium?  That would suggest that I should only do the top 8.  And what fun would that be.  I'd actually have to go to bed before midnight occasionally.

yeah ranger i understand both sides of this. its better to have too much information, than not enough though, so keep up the good work. 35 is a good number, hopefully it will get much easier to rank the top 35 as teams start sending more and more results.

Essentially that rule is void anyway.  The descent plan handles that for you.  If you plan to wrestle 112 (114) and weigh in over 121 during the last few weeks of the season the descent plan wouldn't allow you to go back to 114 anyway.  The rule is obsolete.

yeah ranger i understand both sides of this. its better to have too much information, than not enough though, so keep up the good work. 35 is a good number, hopefully it will get much easier to rank the top 35 as teams start sending more and more results.

And you have to remember.  One of these days we will live in a paradise where all results (duals and tournaments) are reported to the state or the coaches association and every varsity kid in the state will show up on here.  Hopefully, it happens before I die.  Maybe it will even happen before Ranger jr (or Billy Fuller) has to take over for me.

lol yeah hopefully. although it would suck starting out, and knowing you are dead last in your state.

What really sucks is that Ranger would be DEAD and some other person would have to do the rankings. :-D

before rankings come out again keep in mind that Nelsons 103 Daniel Pile beat JH Danny Crittenden, and Dan. Daniel Lannum at region 2 duals and Nelsons 215 Josh Bowman has beaten Ft Knox's Kevin Mcnealy, and Har Co Daniel Kiskoden and he also got into a one to two point match with both Evan Hester and Drew Newberry