Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

Region Tourney Location

That was a great idea last year. Who wants to wrestle in their own territory anyways.Lots of people go watch a wrestler because it is close enough or you know "their stomping grounds".I guess it will be mostly parents as fans, wouldnt want to many people there anyways.Maybe we will get smart enough and move the State tourney to Tenn.,Oh., In., anywhere but our own home.  Dumb. Dumb. Dumb! :x

I think everyone needs to call/write to the athletic director at their school as well as at the school board and tell them that we don't want to have it together and needs to be separated...I think if enough parents and fans voice their opinion they will have to do something about it.  JCPS is more likely to listen to parents then they are to administrators or coaches of the schools.  Just my opinion. 

I don't think Region 3 will be at Hoops this year.  If I recall correctly (I could be wrong), it's Bullitt Central's turn to host the Region 3 tournament and they're not bound by what the Jeff Co. athletic directors/board wants to do.  It's B.C.'s call and I think Coach Durham will probably have it at his place this year.  Just my opinion though, not fact.

Believe me i don't think it should be at Hoops at all.  I hope that region 3 is able to go somewhere else and while I don't know about wether or not BC is bound by anything up here or not I am sure that Jefferson County has some say in it as there are so many schools in that region.  I still encourage all parents, fans, wrestlers, coaches, anyone to call and email jefferson county athletics department and specifically Jerry Wyman and let him know that you don't want to go to Hoops for whatever reason and encourage it to go back to the schools like it should and always has been.  If region 3 is able to pull out and region 5 not doing it again this year I don't see any way that region 4 would have to go out there and do it.  Just my .02

Last year, I thought it was a mess having it there.  If I recall correctly, Region 3 had yet to finish their conso semis & Region 4 was done with their championship round.  I know the simple fact that Region 3 has almost twice as many teams as Region 4 had a lot to do with that.  They gave Region 4 the "small" part of the venue & I remember going over there during their championship round & thinking how insanely cramped it was.  There was a single place to sit unless you wanted to grab some floor.  They had about twice as many fans as the Region 3 schools did.  I understood the reasoning behind having it at Hoops in order to build interest in the sport, but the execution of the whole idea was terrible.  I can't imagine what it will be like this year if all 3 schools have it there.

I have made it apparent that I hate this idea, and am not behind it as a coach.  When I found out we were having Region 5 at Hoops, I went ballistic.  I find it unfortunate that the explanation that was given me was that a Jeff Co school in our region was hosting region, and they were forced by their AD who was forced by Jeff Co AD to hold it at Hoops.  I know for a fact myself, Coach Fiser, and Coach Riorden will never hold it at Hoops, and have said when it rolls back around to the (3) Oldham Co schools we will put it back in our school where it belongs.

The Hoops venue is a really bad idea.  I was there the entire day for Region 4.  There was very little seating for Region 4 and it was really hard to see.  I got the distinct impression that the hoops people didn't want us there as much as we didn't want to be there, so I just don't get the connection.  Perhaps the AD for Jeff Co has an ownership interest in the private venue. 

In addition, my son was not feeling well.  Tried to bring in some crackers to sooth his stomach (rather than buy the pizza or nachos they sold at the concession stand).  They would not let me in with the crackers.  Then went out, put the crackers under my jacket and returned.  They chased me down and I actually thought they were going to arrest me.  They then said they thought I had a gun or something.

Hoops is a basketball venue...hence the name.

NOHS Wrestling -- That's exactly why I thought that Region 3 wouldn't be at Hoops this year.  I'm almost positive it's BC's turn to host the Region 3 tournament this year and if I recall correctly, Coach Durham said last year he wanted it at his place this year.  However, I've been told all 3 regions (3, 4 & 5) will be at Hoops.  Like I've said before, it was a mess last year w/ just 2 regions.  I can't imagine what it will be like adding a 3rd region to the mix.  Good luck guys.  I'm happy to have the excuse that region falls on Valentine's Day this year so I don't have to go!  I mean how bad is that?

Well then I will reiterate what I said earlier.  We need to tell our parents of our kids as well as neighbors, friends, etc. to call Jerry Wyman and let him know that it should'nt be this way and needs to go back to the way it should be.  I have already called and sent a snail mail letter as well.  Next will be my parents and siblings..